ASPx works at home...not at work

I created a simple aspx page in Visual Studio .NET (2002) and it works great at home. I ran the deployment and created the dll in my bin folder. I then took the whole thing to work and put it on a Win 2000 Server and it just bombs out!

Two questions:
After "deployment," do I browse to the dll on the server or to the aspx file?
What IS the proper method of deployment in VS.NET?
Thanks for any help,
TRKneller
0
trkneller

"then took the whole thing to work and put it on a Win 2000 Server"

Does this server have the .net framework installed on it. Win2000 servers do not have the .net framework out of the box.
"it just bombs out! "
What does that mean?
"After "deployment," do I browse to the dll on the server or to the aspx file? "
aspx file
"What IS the proper method of deployment in VS.NET?"
For web apps, just like you did. Copy and paste essentially.

MajorCats
MajorCats
0
Majorcats
2/1/2005 10:59:15 PM
"Does this server have the .net framework installed on it. Win2000 servers do not have the .net framework out of the box. "

Yes, this Win 2000 server has .NET 1.1 platform
0
trkneller
2/4/2005 3:53:04 PM
and this...

"it just bombs out! "
What does that mean?
Also, when you put it on the server, did you go into IIS and make that folder an application?
MajorCats
MajorCats
0
Majorcats