ASP.NET Project running an exe on local host level but do not when same project runs after virtual directory.

I have an asp.net project in which thereis a button on which some exe runs which resides in my computer only using System.Diagonistics.Process.Start("path of exe");

When I am running project on localhost through .net run utility then on pressing that button exe runs smoothly but after making virtual directory of the same project and then if i run that project by typing complete address in address bar then that particular button is not performing its function thus exe is not running .

i have already tried to display the whole path in a label on both levels : localhost and after making virtual directory as well........in both cases complete path is visible and matches also but exe doesn't run after making virtual directory and on internet level...

need help in this aspect.

thanks in advance

0
jesica

That's a security issue, by default the asp.net worker process runs under a "weak" account and doesn't have interactive rights to the desktop.

To solve this you need to give permission for ASP.NET worker process account (probably <localmachine>\ASPNET) to interact with desktop or allow ASP.NET worker process to run in SYSTEM account.

Or just allow the IIS service to interact with the desktop:

IIS Service, logon tab, ensure that "Allow Service to Interact with Desktop" is checked.

0
Mr
11/4/2008 8:43:07 AM

hi

cud u plz show me some other way in detailed explaination

regards

0
jesica

getting a VB .Net project to run in a web page
ok....we had a developer create a nice little app in vb .net. when its built its a .exe with a cfc file. It has a gui/object interface. Being a novice with this stuff. I want to get this in a .net web page and run it on my web server. Any info or refence guide to do this will be appreicated. Thank you. well.... not so easily..... is the app supposed to have some sort of output, or does it just process something on the server? if you want it to have an interface, you proablby want to take his code out, put it in a class library, or your app_code folder, change all the cfc file stuff to...

can't run my .NET projects, i get "do you want to open or save" mes.
today i had serius problem that crashed my IIS, to i removed it and reinstalled it. now i have a big problem, when i try to run my project, it is not running, instead i get a question- "do you want to open or save the file?", if i click open, the start page just open up in the studio editor... i don't know what to do, none of my projects running... if you install IIS after you install the .NET framework, then the framework will not have been properly registered. you can try to reset the framework by running aspnet_regiis -i http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k6...

Getting path denied error when trying to run copied .NET 1.1 project to new server
I am having a problem getting a project started on one server transferred to another.  USS folder does not exist. Entire Solution and Project Files were copied onto server. Know I am missing something here. Thanks.   Server Error in '/USS' Application. Access to the path "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\uss\7cb89631\ffe5ea77" is denied. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the cod...

I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running
Name: Email: rmbala91atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running Comments: My mail is not getting opening. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

DLL does not run on .Net 2.0 but runs on .Net 1.1
We have a DLL that was written in .Net 1.1. The DLL was not developed by us and therefore we do not have the source code to modify it. Based on my investigations, the DLL seems to be inheriting from the ‘system.web.ui.pair’ class. Unfortunately, this class is now sealed in .Net 2.0 and it therefore can not be used in inheritance. Does anybody have an idea on how we can make this DLL work in .Net 2.0?  Any walk arounds? Thanks Try to use Reflection to know the stucture of DLL. ThanksGirijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/...

Why do i get this directory listing when I run my project?
 I am trying to run my project but I get the following in the browser window.  It ran fine a little while ago so I don't understand why I get this error. Does anyone know why I would get this?  Thanks in advance. Directory Listing -- /KristWoodard.net tabbed new layout/ body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: 8pt;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} h1 { ...

I am trying to run my VS 2003 project but am being prompted to check out files. Not able to run project.
I am trying to run a Visual Studio 2003 project. I go to the menu and select "Debug | Start Without Debugging F5". in the IDE. TOnce I have initiated the run process, I am then prompted to check out some .aspx files for edit. Strange because that was not my intent. I just run the project. Anyway it won't let me go any further because the files are checked out by another user.  So how do I run the project without it trying to force me to check out the .aspx files. Frustrating since I can't even check them out at this time.   One solution is you can make the che...

How to Run my .exe file or Application in the Background using .NET Application like explorer.exe file is Running always in the Background...(you can see in task Manager..)
Hi , This is Sundar , i want to develope one small Application in windows or web ,that should send the mail continiously according to at what time scheduled in the application and that should Running in the Background always like windows service,SQL server ........ so , please help me ......................  what;s the problem if you develop an windows service and install it in your system.  http://www.15seconds.com/issue/021007.htmGive a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him forever.  see, i have created the Windows services and wh...

Converting web project to run in a Virtual Directory
Hello All, I have been tasked with configuring a web project that was initially created to run off the root, so that it could run from a virtual directory in IIS. I have already done this for one or two projects, but my current project is being particularly uncooperative. The project was created in VS2003, and I am attempting to set this up both in an XP system (my development environment) and Windows Server 2003 (a staging environment). Whenever I attempt to open the project, I get the following error: "Unable to get the project from the Web server. Unable to open Web project '/&...

VS.NET Projects on the Net
If I'm done with a project/solution that I created with IIS(Localhost) and VS.NET, what files from the solution will I need to upload to the host? (Host in this case is Brinkster(Free Plan)) only the aspx and ascx files ... in the bin folder you will need the compiled dll files ... Also in the root you need: web.config and flobal.asax That's itVerhoeven Bart MCSD.NET Technical Project Leader There is only 2 files in the .bin folder. ..dll file and .pdb All the ACSX and ASPX files are in the project's folder. When ever I try building the project, I get nothing in the B...

Running Running Running
Name: John Harris Email: jkharrisatmindspringdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Running Running Running Comments: Why, does Firefox, even when mimimized, still takes up to 20, 30, 40% (or more) of my CPU on my Windows XP Pro computer. It seems to just happily chew up cycles. How do I get it to do nothing while minimized. Especially a problem with virtual machines. Thanks, John Harris Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers...

Error when running a .Net Web project on Network pc.
My project is on Win 2003 Server standard edition sp2 Visual Studio 9.0 sp1Network Pc Xp sp2when Debugging i get a message : The project location is not trusted.after googling i used the Caspol.exe command (done successfully), i still get an error......Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]Any help is greatly appreciatedRegardsKINJAL"Mark the post as answered if it solves your Query" Hello, You could check this article - http://www.15seconds.com/issue/0401...

Problem to run project solution using visual studio.net
I have problem to run project solution using vs.net to develop a asp.net files. This error was appeared when i try to start new project or running project solution, "Visual Studio.Net has detected that the specific webserver is not running asp.net version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET application and webserver" Have anyone knowing the error problem. ThanksPercaya pada kebolehan sendiri Hi, Grab the .Net framework from the frontpage of www.asp.net, and install it on the webserver. If the webserver is also the machine with VS.Net on it, view post 161187, and fo...

Error while trying to run project:Unable to start debuging on the web server. The project is not configured to be debuged.
hello friends,I m developing one project upto yesterday it run fines but today when i run the project it shown following error.Error while trying to run project:Unable to start debuging on the web server. The project is not configured to be debuged.Plz help me how to solve this problem.Thanks in advance,Regards,Sandeep Suryawanshi In the web.config file make sure the debug=true attribute is set in the compilation tag. <compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="true"/> HCHaissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Blog | Hello sir,Thanks for reply,When i m adding this line in web.config. Problem ...

Web resources about - ASP.NET Project running an exe on local host level but do not when same project runs after virtual directory. - asp.net.getting-started

Wikipedia:Quick directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page is a handy directory to various locations of interest in Wikipedia. Only dynamic pages should be listed here, no policy pages etc. ...

Wikipedia:WikiProject Council/Directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Business Directory Listings: Eight Smart Tips for You to Get Started
If you are considering a business directory listing for your small business, congratulations – you are on the right track. Local SEO, local customers, ...

LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory
... continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory" ...

Atlas Partner Directory Launched
... just for Facebook and Instagram –advertising platform Atlas has one, as well. On that note, Atlas Tuesday introduced the Atlas Partner Directory ...

The British Library’s ‘Save Our Sounds’ Program Creates Directory of UK Sound Collections
The long-feared deterioration of the world's sound collections is a coming to a head with the British Library's last-ditch initiative called ...

First look: Microsoft Azure Active Directory Domain Services puts it all in the cloud
On Oct. 14, Microsoft announced the preview release of Azure Active Directory Domain Services or, as I like to call it, a domain in a cloud. ...

Researchers find way to steal Windows Active Directory credentials from the Internet
The technique could enable attackers to attack Windows servers hosted in the cloud

NorthPark at 50: Store directory from mall’s 1965 opening is a blast from the past
Grab a glass of wine, get on the phone with your best girlfriend from high school and check out this original map/directory of NorthPark Center. ...

Azure Active Directory Enables One-Step MDM in Windows 10
DAILY VIDEO: Microsoft enables one-step MDM in Windows 10; IRS breach more extensive than first reported; Georgia Tech finds 11 deep security ...