Actual difference between a HTML Server Control and a Web Control

Hi,

I have a primitve doubt - what is the precise difference between a HTML control with runat= server  and an ASP.NET web server control.

i think i read its something to do with how events are fired and so on but am not very clear...

i want to know all the differences at the lifecycle level as well as from the usage point of view.

Thanks

Thanks and Regards
Niruma

The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!
0
Niruma

HTML controls are quick & light, while web controls are more feature rich.
Here are more details about the differences between HTML controls and web controls:
http://SteveOrr.net/faq/3in1.aspx#HTMLvsWeb

I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr,
MCSD, MVP
http://SteveOrr.net

I hope this helps,

Steve C. Orr,

http://SteveOrr.net
0
Steve

Web resources about - Actual difference between a HTML Server Control and a Web Control - asp.net.getting-started

Can You Spot the Difference?
The shamelessness on the part of Lenovo is almost breathtaking. Update: And then there’s Samsung’s new TV interface : white frosted translucent ...

Sole difference in tourism stakes
A GIANT blue stiletto heel dubbed Taiwan’s “shoe church” is bringing a touch of oversized glamour to the island’s southern coast.

CES 2016: Netflix expands to new countries, predicts end of regional differences
'We want the citizens of the world to have the same content': Netflix believes it will eliminate regional availability in the next 'five or 10 ...

Not a dime's worth of difference? by @BloggersRUs
Not a dime's worth of difference? by Tom Sullivan A couple of articles bring to mind the "lesser of two evils" argument one often hears on ...

Is There Much Difference, Policy-Wise, Between Cruz, Rubio, Herr Trumpf And Ryan?
... Cruz or Rubio gets into the White House, we are in deep, deep trouble. Time to redouble our efforts for the one candidate who can make a difference ...

Sanders on differences with Clinton highlighted in campaign ad - Videos - CBS News
Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders joins “CBS This Morning” from Burlington, Vermont, to discuss his latest campaign ad that explains ...

In year one, Rauner learned difference between statehouse and boardroom
One year after Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner took over as Illinois' chief executive, the private equity investor and rookie politician who pledged ...