Activex Componants, Visual Studio.net and C#.net

As part of a university project i have to a create an activex componant that times the download of a file of known size. This is so that my website can measure the bandwidth of any client machine that accesses it.

I am coding my website in C#.net using visual studio.net 2003, i have never used activex before and am unsure of how to link my web site to an activex componant let alone code the activex componant.

Below i have wrote an algorithm of what i believe the activex componant will do. I am unsure of whether this is correct.

Start download
Start timer
Error = False
while error = false
       while (timer<given threashold) AND (download is finished)
            Stop Timer
            Return Timer value
        else
             error = true
end while

I would be grateful if someone could send me a small activex componant and let me know how to call on it in my visual studio.net web application, just so i can practice using activex with visual studio .net 2003.

I would also be grateful if you could advise me whether i am on the right track with the activex componant that i have to design to measure bandwidth.

Thanks

Craig
0
heple

Anyone?

Craig
0
heple

Visual C#.Net vs Visual Studio.Net
I have read in other posts a lot of people recommending Visual Studio.Net over the Web Matrix. My query is: why is there a £700 difference between VS.Net and Visual C#.Net? As a c# developer, I won't need any VB functionality. I also don't require Visual Source Safe, as projects are generally small and manageable. What features are lacking in Visual c#.net that justifies the price difference? Does it have Intellisense / Dubuggers / Compilers? These are the features that would make me pay for it instead of continuing with WM, but I need to know if tehre is serious functionality missin...

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

FIX: The IntelliSense feature for a Visual C# .NET project stops working in the Visual Studio .NET IDE
Ever got mad because your IntelliSense disappeared? Microsoft finally heard you: http://www.kbalertz.com/Feedback_838470.aspx or: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838470 MCSD, MCDBA, MCAD, MCSD .NET, MSF Practitioner...

VB.NET vs. C#.NET Behavior of Visual Studio
I'm transitioning from coding in VB to coding in C#. Maybe I have something set wrong, but a behavioral difference is driving me bananas. When I edit a VB source file, the two drop-downs at the top of the edit view are Class Name and Method Name, and it makes it easy to add a new event handler for any of the controls on the page. Choose which one on the left, pick your event on the right, and VS inserts an empty, properly formatted subroutine. In C# mode, however, those two drop-downs are labeled Types and Members, and there doesn't appear to be a way to tell it to create the empty framew...

Web resources about - Activex Componants, Visual Studio.net and C#.net - asp.net.getting-started

Bender (Futurama) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bender , whose full name is Bender Bending Rodríguez , is a fictional robot character in the animated television series Futurama . Designated ...

Sailing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sailing is the propulsion of a vehicle and the control of its movement with large (usually fabric) foils called sails . By changing the rigging ...

SONIQ - Buy Cheap LED, LCD and Plasma TVs in Australia - TV for Sale Online - Cheap TVs - LED TVs - LCD ...
Buy LED, LCD, and plasma TVs for sale online from SONIQ. SONIQ is Australia\\'s leading supplier of cheap electronics.

Medical Trials
Research There are a number of promising research programs being carried out both in Australia and overseas. These range from steroid breakthroughs, ...

hurley at AlsSports.com - The North Face - Nike - Merrell - Asics - Smith Sunglasses
Top outdoor gear and footwear from The North Face, Nike, Merrell, Mountain Hardwear, Smith, Anon, and MSR. Free shipping on every order over ...

Life on the lattice
This is the second post about fermions on the lattice. In this post we're going look at how the 16 extra "tastes" of lattice fermions show up, ...

Blog - Part 20
Contact FAQ Log In Name: Email: Topic: Blog « Older Entries Newer Entries » Top Marketing Blogs Posted by Ron McDaniel I am going to take today ...

Wellnes in umbria castle assisi perugia
The word wellbeing (be well, exist well), in its most profound sense, is connected to a state of being that envolves every aspect of a human ...

What is Male Chastity
Chastity Lifestyle -, Chastity Lifestyle - Male chastity is about tease and denial and control of the male's desire to achieve release. Chastity ...

Breaking Down Battle of the Atom #2 — The Beat
Home About Advertising Contact Us Press Releases Videos Resources RSS Twitter Facebook The Beat The News Blog of Comics Culture Cartoonists ...