Activex Componants, Visual Studio.net and C#.net

As part of a university project i have to a create an activex componant that times the download of a file of known size. This is so that my website can measure the bandwidth of any client machine that accesses it.

I am coding my website in C#.net using visual studio.net 2003, i have never used activex before and am unsure of how to link my web site to an activex componant let alone code the activex componant.

Below i have wrote an algorithm of what i believe the activex componant will do. I am unsure of whether this is correct.

Start download
Start timer
Error = False
while error = false
       while (timer<given threashold) AND (download is finished)
            Stop Timer
            Return Timer value
        else
             error = true
end while

I would be grateful if someone could send me a small activex componant and let me know how to call on it in my visual studio.net web application, just so i can practice using activex with visual studio .net 2003.

I would also be grateful if you could advise me whether i am on the right track with the activex componant that i have to design to measure bandwidth.

Thanks

Craig
0
heple