about IDE

 Hi,

i am a C# coder, and now i want to start to learn asp.net . i started by Visual Web Developer ,but that is too much slow for my PC (1.73 GHz processor, 512Mb Ram). So, which IDE i can use  for best feature ?

Please share to me with any opinion for getting start or anything else....

 Thankx in advance

regards

arefin

0
arefin

Why not extend your RAM to 1G or higher for you to perform development faster?

Regards,Vinz

vinz
6/3/2008 8:08:31 PM

Visual Web Developer is the best tool if you don't have Visual Studio. Try upgrading your RAM and that should help the speed.

 Good luck!

Thank you,
John M. Perry
0
jperry4
6/3/2008 8:11:07 PM

If memory is a real concern, just write it in notepad! Otherwise, I would agree, upgrade the memory in the machine.

Any ide (within reason) can write asp pages, it's just a case of whether you want any assistance or not - dreamweaver is quite happy on 512Mb RAM, but not exactly great for code completion and debugging purposes. Visual Studio will run on 512Mb, but running it in debug mode is slow - if you run it over IIS, instead of devenv webserver it is a little better in my experience - but you will lose a lot of features

If this answered your question, please mark as an answer so others will know too.

http://wyerarch.blogspot.com
0
Wyerarch
6/3/2008 8:13:47 PM

I am suprised you are having issues, i am running a full version of visual studio 2005 on my desktop. Its a 2.9ghz centrino (so yeah not very powerfull), with 512mb and I only connect to that computer via remote deskop, not through a monitor, but it is still fast. Upgradding your ram might be a good idea, because its pretty cheap these days.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you.
0
keyboardcowboy

how can i Get OCX File in .net IDE vb.net/C3
hi all,      How can I generate OCX file in VB.net/c# 2005 that will interact in web pages...?Thanks & Regards,Murthy. Hi murthysrn, As far as I know, VB 2005 and C# 2005 cannot create the project for ocx file. However, I hope the following link will be helpful to you. Creating an ActiveX Control in Visual Studio 2005http://msmvps.com/blogs/pauldomag/archive/2006/08/16/107758.aspxSincerely,Benson YuMicrosoft Online Community Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other co...

Getting Start With .net

how to get start with .NET

Getting started with JScript.NET

Getting started .net website

How do I get started with AJAX.Net?

Getting Started Without VS.NET
Hi all, does anyone know how any online resources that can show me how to create web apps that include code-behind, and uer controls without using VS.NET? I have VS.NET in work, but would also like to do work at home, but cannot install VS.NET on my home laptop because I simply dont' have the space or processor power. Any online articles would be welcome, as will any open-source apps - I currently have SharpDevelop, but I find it unstable as it crashes my laptop alot of the time. Thanks Tryst Did you try Web Martix? It is a FREE tool from Microsoft.Regards, Narayana ...

Newbie Question
I have a new project which has just started. One of the requirements is to generate XML files. Do I have to create schema files? Does anyone have a tutorial or sample code to help me get started. I have some background using XML, but not in .NET. Thx Mark How to create a new xml file with XmlDocument? More examples hereSonu Kapoor [MVP] Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum Thanks, this is very helpful. What do I need to do extra to setup the schema for this xml file? Is the schema really necessary as well? Thx Mark You dont need to define any sc...

Getting started with mySQL Connector/Net 5.1
i have a vs2005 project which someone else built.  I need to connect to mySQL in this project. it is currently using the OleDbConnection to mySQL and I cannot make the connection, so I was told by the developer to try the the mySQL Connector/Net 5.1.  I have read the very encouraging documentation.  I am in a file called SqlDataProvider.vbI want to replace Dim objConnection As OleDbConnectionwithDim objConnection As MySqlConnection I get the blue squiggly  "MySqlConncection is undefined." I added this import to the top. Imports MySql.Da...

Getting started with .net mobile/wireless application programming
Hi friends, I am very much amateur to the world of mobile/wireless application programming that's why m is having thousands of doubts and confusion regarding the technology. My first few concerns about the terms i.e. mobile web applications vs. windows mobile applications first thing are these 2 things are same if not what are the main differences. I hope you will also show me some light how to move further ahead in this field as i m having small exp approx. 1.5 yrs in Asp.net application. Any help in the form of links, URL, code will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advanced...

DNN 4, VS.NET 2003: Should I get another IDE?
This could be posted in some other place, but concerns to most DNNers because I guess there must be a few folks like me who only maintain/develop code for DNN sites. So, I have a few questions related to development tools: - Are we OK with VS.NET 2003 or should we get Visual Studio 2005 or Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition or Visual Studio Express?  (man, choices are multiplying) - Also, are we OK if we run in SQL 2005 Express. Any recommendations? Thinking depends upon conditioning. Where there is conditioning there is no freedom.Krishnamurti. DNN 4 will not work i...

Getting 3.1 to start in debug mode in vs.net 2003.
  Hi All, I have a run time version of dnn installed and working at D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke on my laptop. I want to be able to learn how to write DNN modules etc and so I have installed the source code in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke3100\. I set the debug flag in web.config to yes..... as in the lines.. <!-- set debugmode to false for running application --> <compilation debug="true" /> I updated the solution file D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke3100\Solutions\DotNetNuke.All to look at localhost/dotnetnuke3100 which is my source code version. I have created the...

Web resources about - about IDE - asp.net.getting-started

Kylo Ren: Director J.J. Abrams Explains How The ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Villain Turned To The ...
Kylo Ren is the villain in Star Wars: The Force Awakens , one who idolizes Darth Vader, and director J.J. Abrams explained just how the movie’s ...

National Herald case: Before entering court, Sonia, others had firmed up Plan B
The Congress leaders have been advised that they should move the Apex Court to challenge, among others, the repeated usage of word “criminality” ...

Old Trafford legend: Why Leicester remind me of great Man United sides - Football - Premier League Transfer ...
OLD TRAFFORD great Andy Cole says table-toppers Leicester remind him of the Manchester United...

US Says Bombers Didn't Intend to Fly Over China-Held Island
NDTV US Says Bombers Didn't Intend to Fly Over China-Held Island New York Times BEIJING — The United States said its two B-52 bombers had ...

Community mourns football player, 15, who died shielding girls from gunfire
FOXSports.com Community mourns football player, 15, who died shielding girls from gunfire FOXSports.com KNOXVILLE, Tenn. A high school football ...

US Airstrike Killed Iraqis by Accident, Officials Say
New York Times US Airstrike Killed Iraqis by Accident, Officials Say New York Times ABOARD THE U.S.S. KEARSARGE — An airstrike that mistakenly ...

Nobody Wants Martin Shkreli's Gross Money
In wake of the recent allegations made against loathed pharma tycoon Martin Shkreli involving securities fraud and conspiracy, a homelessness ...

SpaceX will try to land a rocket stage on Earth after launching to space Sunday
On Sunday, SpaceX is planning to launch an upgraded Falcon 9 rocket, the company's first since another uncrewed Falcon 9 disintegrated above ...