.Net Website using VB6 COM object

I can say with about 99.9% assurance that no one will have had to do this, but hopefully I can get help with the pieces.

 I am building a Web based in-house app. The web app must "talk" to a regular Win App using a COM object. Everything is fine(so far) as long as i have the web-page setup as FILE SYSTEM for testing. i have the site sitting on my C: drive. if I change to HTTP it freaks out and i get either nothing, meaning i push the button that worked in FILE SYSTEM and get "" back, or else i get "Object not set to an instance of an object"9something like that). I tried setting the site up for testing as a custom server and pointing to IIS and that got as much as setting it to HTTP, probably because the HTTP and custom server are pointing to the same location.

Taking suggestions...Thanks,

0
lodlaiden

Where do you put your VB6 COM DLL?

You might need to regsvr32 the DLL again.

0
GeorgeZ
12/19/2006 1:41:41 AM

My problem is that I am trying use server side scripting on a client side control. All ny nifty web-page setup for the past couple weeks is shot, because the other tech team failed to mention that "..while we have done webpages with the COM object, all the pages used JavaScript..."

 Thanks for the interest.

Lodlaiden

0
lodlaiden

How to get local app.config path for a .NET COM object used in aspx page
Hi all, We have an application with two parts: - An ASP.NET 2.0 web site - A VB.NET 2.0 class library (dll) which is compiled to be a COM component, so the public classes have a COM classid for each one. Most of the operations in the web site are run in the server (in the normal asp.net way), but a few operations have to be run locally in the client PCs which are running the web browser. To allow this, we use COM: we place <object> elements in the aspx pages, with the classids of the right library class. We install some files in the client PCs, including a local app.config...

How to get RS (From VB6) to .NET (VB.NET)
Hi Friends,         I have requirement, there is one function in VB6 it returns a RS, I need to call that function in  VB.NET, how to get those values into .NET, if can any body can help (pass me some code snippets), that will be greate, Thank you.Madhu... -Madhu hey guys i got this one just by using fill method.-Madhu...

Getting started .net website

Using com object in vb.net
I successfully included in my web form an object of the DateTimePicker control 6.0 (sp4) - dropdownlist control. This is not native to vb.net. I want to read the entry of this object. Can anybody give a clue to this problem.J. Bouyea...

Using VB6 with a .net Remoting object
Is it possible to run my VB6 application using a .net Remoting object? If not wich changes must be done to let it work. I have an VB6 application, in future the business logic is distributet using .net Remoting. I don't want to rewrite the whole VB6 appliction to a VB.net application. I understand how .net Remoting works. The host for my .net Remoting object will be a Windows application developed in vb.net. Thanx,Martijn the Netherlands I don't think so. VB6 is a little picky on it's references.Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- C...

Using COM Objects in a VB.NET Class
I hope this is an OK post for this forum - the only other place I could find for it is the ASP Conversion alpha one - I'm converting some legacy ASP code into a VB.NET Class for use in a web application. Here's the problem line: Set Executor = Server.CreateObject("ASPExec.Execute") Which returns this error when compiled: error BC30807: 'Let' and 'Set' assignment statements are no longer supported. If I take off the "set" from the line above, and recompile, i get this error: BC30451: Name 'Server' is not declared. How do you call a legacy COM...

.NET to COM question ( Dictionary in COM and .NET dictionary)
 I need to write a data access code to replace the method of GetPerson() in COM data access, since the existing method is too slow. .NET can reduce the database round trips by using the dataset. The existing COM data access will stay except the GetPerson() method. So I am going to call the .NET getPerson() mehtod from the COM,  The original GetPerson() method in COM just go to data base, pull data from 7 tables and write to dictionary.  If the .NET getPerson() can populate the COM Dictionary, that would be great! I know .NET object can be directly assign t...

COM .NET Interop
Hi, I need help here.. I have this problem.I have COM VB6 that call a .NET class library, and this class library use the .NET SAP Conector to extract the information from SAP. I receive the information from SAP in a DataTable, the problem here is that I dont how to return this DataTable to VB6 COM. I made a test, and I can return a String to COM and basic types, but I dont know how to do it with this DataTable.Thanks for your helpI really appreciate. One alternative might be to add the DataTable to a DataSet and then convert the DataSet to an XML string using WriteXml(). That said, quic...

Web resources about - .Net Website using VB6 COM object - asp.net.getting-started

Website - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is a set of related web pages typically served from a single web domain . A website is hosted on at least one web server , accessible via a network ...

Motherfucking website
This. ∞ Read this on The Loop

Silk Road: Black market drugs website left anarchy in its place
... After the illegal but tightly organised marketplace was brought down by the FBI two years ago, users have turned to a slew of alternative websites ...

What popular websites today look like on Apple’s original iPhone
One of the hallmark features of the original 2007 iPhone was its 3.5-inch screen. Though diminutive by today's standards, the original iPhone's ...

Twitter outage: Website, mobile apps down
Social media platform Twitter experienced an outage on Tuesday morning, with website visitors receiving a message telling them that "something ...

Nissan websites hacked in protest of Japan's whaling exploits
The automaker doesn't have a single thing to do with whaling, of course, but good luck telling that to the person behind the keyboard.

ISIS Backer Joins Bundy's Militants, Hijacks Government Computers To Build Militia Website
... a video from one of the government buildings that militants are using as a computer and media center. He explained that he had created a website ...

How About Adding a Slider to Your Website or Blog?
As you probably know, having great content is not enough to make your website or blog popular. You also need to have a modern and engaging design ...

Dallas Cowboys: Make America's Team great again: Johnny Manziel-to-Dallas campaign website launched ...
Even if you don't consider yourself very political, there's a new campaign some Dallas Cowboys fans surely can get behind.A website called... ...

Woman sues Twitter for allowing ISIS activity on the website
It's pretty well-known that ISIS and its supporters have been using social media to encourage acts of violence, and Twitter seems to be one of ...