using Report specific data source in sql server report Problem

Hi

I have problem in SQL Server reporting server.

I have developed a sql server report, i used report specific data source instead of shared data source.

when i test it in designer, it gives me coorect results, but when i call this report from asp.net application then it gives the following error.

"One or more datasource credentials required to run the report have not been specified. (rsCredentialsNotSpecified)"

I fixed the credentials in data source when i created for the report.

If any body can help me, welcome

Regards.

Thanks in advance.

Rizwan

0
rizwanuet
9/3/2007 12:03:22 PM
asp.net.futures 1064 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services
Hi My project is in .NET 2003 i.e. framework 1.1 and database in SQLServer 2000. But the reports have been developed using SQLServer 2005 Reporting Services. Now when I am trying to deploy them through deployment project of .NET its giving me following error:"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.  Now I am really confused with this. Can any one please guide me regarding this ASAP. Thanks, Falguni    You will need to use the SQL Server ...

Report Specific Data Source in sql Server reporting Services
Hi everyone. I have problem in sql server reporting services. I have created a sql server report in viisual studio 2003 using the report specific data source, not shared data source. I also set the credentials when i define the data source for the report. When i test it in report manager, it runs nice and displays the required results. Now when i called this report in web application using the following URL:  <script>varpreview=window.open('http://phx-ps01/ReportServer?%2fISTEPS%2ftest&rs%3aClearSession=true&rc:Parameters=False');preview.focus();</script>...

.NET 2.0 Reporting Module using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hello Everyone,I have created a generic module using ASP.NET 2.0, MS SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. This module is intended to provide a generic user interface for selecting and generating reports. You can configure its respective table for your fixed or flexible parameters for each report. It also supports end user access level security for each report and report group which is generally required for any basic reporting module.You can view reports in two different styles:-- Drop down--Tree View And You can view your report in 3 supported formats.  This is an in...

Build Timlenie Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 Report Builder 2.0 or VS Inteligent 2008
 Hi, I have just started using SQL Server Reporting Services (SQL Server 2008). I've build my first reports in Report Builder 2.0 and in VS 2008. I need to build reports with timelines. So I have to execute evry second (or minute) sql query to check and calculate the value.Do you have an idea how to do this?OR if you can send some links to a good tutorials :) I will apprisiate.Thanks Please Mark as Answer if it helps you in solving your problem. Do you have the time data in your database  or u just have the start time and end time?  If i have exsact time :) then buildi...

View report from the crystal report server using .NET
Hi,I am first time dealing with crystal report and I having problem with it. I need to use asp.net to link to the crystal report server and view the report, but don't know how? Is there a way to do that? or is there any better way to using .net and view report from the crystal report server?Thanks....

Report Features NOT using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hi, I have a web app that is using rdlc reporting that needs some refinement.  The research I've done on the improvements I'd like to make indicates that they can be done with SQL Server Reporting Services; however, I don't have a license for SQL Server and would like not to have to purchase one if I can do what needs to be done without it.  I'd like to know if it is POSSIBLE in rdlc reporting to do 2 things, and if so, how to approach a solution: 1. I would like to export a version of the report to a file location on a routine basis (say once a day). 2. T...

Creating Editable Reports using Sql server Reporting Services
Hey All I m new to sql server reporting services and have done a lot of search into it i have also created some custom reports now i want to  create editable reports the textbox control which we can add in reports should be editable after generation of reports  i think its possible just want to know how so wht do u think   regards shark...

Dynamic data source for the reports that are deployed inside the report server.
Hi,We used reporting services to design our reports and deployed them in the report server.We used a shared data source for those reports.Then we used the ReportViewer control to display those reports on our asp.net website.So we didn't placed the reports inside our website ,we deployed them in the Reporting services and we passed the report name and ReportServer path to the ReportViewer control to display each report.The problem is that we have staging and production data base,and we need to be able to dynamically change the reports to use one of these databases.We can't find how we...

How to generate the reports in details manner by using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hi, I am generating the reports in a webpage as a details manner by using SQL Server Reporting Services.Here I am using asp.net2.0 with c#. Report should be like this:                                          WorkOrder Details -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

How to use report generated by sql server 2005 reporting services in web application
Dear All, I am making web application using Asp.net C#(Visual Studio2005). And Sql server 2005 as a back End  I now want to generate report using through sql server reporting services. Please give me some useful link so that I can able to use report generated by sql server 2005 through my web application   Thanks   ...

data truncation problem while Exporting report to PDF using Crystal Reports 11.0
hi, I need a solution for data truncation problem while Exporting report to PDF using Crystal Reports 11.0 version.    ...

Programmatically changing shared data sources when running SQL Reporting Service 2005 Reports
Can someone please help me or point me to the right sources on how I can possibly programmatically change the shared data source that was assigned to an RDL when a user runs it from my asp page? I have to create several reports and would like to have the option to let users choose the sql server to connect to and possibly different login credentials. What should I do? Please help. Hope these articles can help you - http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms252085(VS.80).aspx http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/ASP.NET/Binding-Data-to-the-ReportViewer-Control-Dynamically-in-ASPNET-20/When ...

Report "Load report failed" while report using data field
hi all, I'm develop asp.net and crystal report from visual studio 2003 environment. all the completed program & report will place in 1 folder running by IIS5, currently the problem is: if the report is without using database fields is runnable and display well in my page; but if the report need to uses of database's field (no matter from xml or dataset), the page always throw error message "Load report failed", the stack trace always stop in the code "rpt.SetDataSource(ds)" or " rpt.Database.Tables(0).SetDataSource(ds.Tables("tbl1")" or "rpt.ExportToStream (CrystalDecisions.Shared.E...

Report that is using ObjectDataSource that uses a proc is showing report with no data?
I was in a hurry so I used the wizards to do this even though I have a strong dislike for them. I have verified that the parameters return data when using the proc. The data source is set in the ReportViewer controls properties in design mode. What might I have missed? Here is my code that get's called when a button is clicked.paramList = New List(Of ReportParameter) paramList.Add(New ReportParameter("StartDate", startDate.Date, False))paramList.Add(New ReportParameter("EndDate", endDate.Date, False)) ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(paramList) Re...

Facing Failed to load viewstate problem while loading data into Report Viewer control from Report Server.
Hi All, I have an ASP.NET 2.0 web application. In that we are using ReportViewer control to show the data from the report Server. Based on item selection we are loading the data to the Same ReportViewer control . We are using the below code.string reportserverUrl = MetadataHelper.GetModuleMetaDataValue(8, reportId, "ReportServerURL");   reportViewer.ServerReport.ReportServerUrl = new Uri(reportserverUrl); reportViewer.ServerReport.ReportPath = "Reportpath"  Whenever I clicks repeatedly on reportitems for reports data , I am getting the following err...

How to design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications
Hi,   Can we design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications. If so how they can be designed. Plz help me if any one know the solution. Thanx in advance, Vidya     Are you asking if you can use VS.Net 2005 to design reports, yes, both client and server reports are built using VS.Net. If you are asking if you can use a web application to build a report, well yes you could, but you would have you design it.  All sql server reports are is an xml file, so if you can build a front end that will generate the xml in the proper ...

Is it possible to use a stored procedure that outputs xml to render a report? (SQL Server Reporting Service)
Is it possible to use a stored procedure that outputs xml to render a report? I mean, if my stored procedure outputs xml Can I catch fields from xml in my server report? If yes, can I have little bit idea about how to use?   Thanks in advance.....

Can a .net web service return a crystal report .rpt object to use as a report source?
I would like to have a .net web service return an .rpt object to use as a report source for the crystal reports viewer on a thick client (windows .net form). Is this possible? The documentation -- the lack of it, actually -- on this subject seems to indicate no, but I'm not that familiar with the standard deployment schemes. I don't want to create the reports as web services, because they will be created on the fly by users without vs.net, and I'm also restricted by security concerns from putting new software (e.g., report server, merge modules, et al.) on the server that hosts the ....

How do I change in runtime the data source of a report created using microsoft reporting technology in Visual Studio 2005?
How do I change in runtime the data source of a report created using microsoft reporting technology in Visual Studio 2005? Hi, From your description, it seems that you want to switch the datasource programmatically during the run-time, right? If so, I think you should use the LinkedServer in sql statements which is a widely used method for parametric data source needs in reporting services applications. For more information, see: http://www.simple-talk.com/community/forums/post/2735.aspx  Thanks.This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is...

SQL Server Reporting and Crystal Reports
Hello Friends,I will be thankful to you if you can throw some light on the following issue:1. Can i use SQL Server Reporting Service with Crystal Report? or they both are different things.2. IF i want to allow the user to choose the header and footer of report and also parameters that need to be displayed in report, can i achieve it with SSRS? In short i want to generate Dynamic Reports. How it can be achieved?3. I know that we can create PDF using SSRS, but is it possible to make it password protected? Awaiting for the response. Regards,NilPlease MARK POST AS AN ANSWER if it helps youM...

Will there be a clash if i use a report viewer (report Server) and a report service in the same website but on different pages
Will there be a clash if i use a report viewer (report Server) and a report service in the same website but on different pages Any help will be appreciated. Regards Karen  No, there will not be any clash.Always remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. Thank you!-----------Cheers,atlasnetguy...

Using Web Form Text Field info to focus SQL Server Reporting Services data
I have an SQL Server 2000 table with Client data, and I am using SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services to give Users an option to View/Print  a Report for a specific Client using a Link Button Control on a Web Form, based on a Social Security Number (entered on the Web Form) -    Private Sub lnkbtnClientReport_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles lnkbtnClientReport.Click Response.Redirect(http://scorpio/ReportServer?%2fReport+Project2%2fReport1&rs:Command=Render) End Sub My question is how can run the query be run in SQL Reportin...

Web resources about - using Report specific data source in sql server report Problem - asp.net.futures

Specific - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Specific Pathogen Free , of a laboratory animal guaranteed free of particular (i.e., specific and named) pathogens "Specific" generally means ...

Specific activity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... SI quantity related to the phenomenon of natural and artificial radioactivity. The SI unit of "activity" is becquerel, Bq, while that of "specific ...

Post Planner Launches Time Zone-Specific Facebook Posting Feature
So your company is based in San Francisco, but you’ve got a big fan base in Berlin. Posting to your Facebook page at 3 p.m. from California means ...

New gender non-specific birth certificates for the ACT
Parents can now choose to be known as &quot;mother&quot; or &quot;father&quot; or neither, regardless of their sex

Barclays gets more specific on belated adoption of Apple Pay in UK: coming in March
... it would be going ahead but couldn’t say when, before stating that it would be sometime in “early 2016.” The bank has now provided more specific ...

Clinton, Sanders spar over specifics in Iowa
The Democratic candidates squared off on their vision and experience at a town hall in Des Moines

Endpoint specific malware renders signature detection useless
Signature-based security could be virtually useless as 97 percent of malware is unique to a specific endpoint says a new report. This is among ...

Reporter Took Orders from Hillary Clinton’s Staff, Down to Specific Adjective
Reporter Took Orders from Hillary Clinton's Staff, Down to Specific Adjective

This year's Oscars are being presented in a very specific order — here’s why
The Oscars approached the night's awards in a pretty cool way: It handed out the awards in a way that mimics the making of a film. Right before ...

Roger Goodell Evades Specifics When Asked About PSI Violations, Tom Brady’s Suspension
In the rare instances when Goodell was asked an uncomfortable question or two, he managed to evade answering anything specifically.