tabs control .. how to load web control on user click?

hello ,

i have a simple question

how do i load a control like ( LastNews.ascx )  to a tab  when the user click on it?

0
EnigmaOX
6/8/2007 1:37:23 PM
asp.net.futures 1064 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You may achieve it in this way:

1. Add a UpdatePanel into the tab

2. Add a invisible button in it as a trigger for the UpdatePanel

3. In the click event of the button, load the UserControl into the UpdatePanel

4. Add  an event handler to the activeTabChanged event of the tabContainer.

5. In the handler, trigger the click event of the invisible button

Hope this helps.

0
Raymond

To access a control placed in a web user control which is loaded during page load in button click event
How can I access a control in a web user control in a button click event , the user control is loaded in page load.Thanks & Regards,Abhiram Reddy Mekha. Try checking this... http://microsoft.apress.com/asptodayarchive/73869/event-handling-between-custom-user-controls-that-are-loaded-at-run-time http://aspalliance.com/565_Dynamic_Loading_of_ASPNET_User_Controls http://www.beansoftware.com/ASP.NET-Tutorials/Controls-Run-Time.aspx http://stackoverflow.com/questions/92792/user-control-created-dynamically-not-able-to-handle-events-on-postback http://www.codersource.net/asp_net_user_c...

Tab Control
I have searched the forum and I cant seem to find the answer to my question, although I have tried some of the hints I have found with no luck....Can someone show me a working sample (with source code) of a page with a TabContainer and several tabs, with each tab having a user control, but the controls are not added/initialized/shown until the appropriate tab is shown/clicked?Something like this forum's "Write a New Post" page, where the tabs load after I click on them, and an animated picture displays to show that its loading.The solution needs to add user controls to the page...

Web User Control to Web User Control...

Javascript inside "web user control" not run if load "web user control" under ajax UpdatePanel

User Controls loading on a web tab every page load
I have user controls loading every single time I run a page load.  I was wondering if anybody had any ideas for dynamically loading these controls? I can achieve this but with my web tab that I currently have my tabClick event comes back on the page load and I would need to know the the selected tab before initialization of the page in order to keep the controls persistence.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  I have about exhaust all possibilities with this one. Add the controls to the page in Page_Init event. And everything should work fine. Dynamically added control...

web controls and web user control

UpdatePanel within a web user control resets data of controls outside the user control
Hello, I have a usercontrol on my page which displays a running marquee text. It makes use of an UpdatePanel (within the user control) to refresh the marquee text (within the updatepanel) at periodic intervals. For this I added a timer control and its tick event as an async postback trigger for the UpdatePanel. I have a lot of textboxes and dropdown list boxes (all with runat=server) on the page outside the above user control. These are also contained in different UpdatePanels. Problem is, when the user control does a postback to refresh the marquee text, it causes some of...

User Control Within UserControl
If I have a user control A and then inside it a user control B embedded/referenced within it.  User Control A has a panel defined (cpeNewUser) that I want to manipulate from the code behind of User Control B based on some event that happens.So putting this in my code behind of User Control B won't work as it has no idea of cpeNewUser:cpeNewUser.Collapsed = true;So is it because only at runtime they are married up and because of this you cannot access each other's objects at compile time?  How would I get this to work becuase I'm using all user controls inside a AJAX Too...

Persisting data in a web user control, which contains a list of other web user controls.
 Hi All, I have a control I've created, which can have a number of child controls - also user controls - stored as an ArrayList, which can be added wither a design time or programmatically.My problem is when I add to the list programmatically, it doesn't persist them. So if I add 3 child controls in step 1 of a wizard, with the aim that those three will be visible inside the parent in step 3, what happens is that the parent has no child controls and the item count is 0.Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.Code:Parent Control Markup: <%@ Control Language="C#" Auto...

How to Load User Control From Within User Control
I'd like to load a user control, that has its code-behind compiled into an assembly, from within another user control. The user control you see below is used as a page template, contained within a .aspx file. There is no code in the MySite.Web.UI.Pages.PageTemplate class. <%@ Control Language="C#" Inherits="MySite.Web.UI.Pages.PageTemplate" %> <%@ Register TagPrefix="mysite" Namespace="MySite.Web.UI.Controls" Assembly="MySite.Web" %> <div id="container"> <div id="pageHeader"> ...

User Control VB.Net x Web Custom Control
I was thinking in create a user control in VB.Net, and use it in a Asp.Net as possible? So I thought about it is gonna be better than make a Web Custom Control, so i thought again, nope... But i need to know better because a don't have a progress bar in asp.net for example.... Could Somebody tell me about??? in a reallity i know the asnwer but i would like to explain by myself... Thank's Antonio...

How to validate controls on a .NET 2.0 Web user Control
Hi Guys, (ASP.NET 2.0 / C#) I've looked thorugh every post on validating web user controls (and know about Pter Blum's Professional Validation and More package) - but can't seem to get my head around whre to start. I have a web user control, called wucICL.ascx on a we page called AddEditInvestment.aspx.  I would like to validate a couple of DropDownLists (ddlAccounts and ddlContacts) when the Insert and Update buttons are clicked on the AddEdit Investment page. The other controls on the AddEditInvestments page belong to a validation group called All Validators and the DropDownL...

Click event available to web control within user control? How?
I have a main .aspx page.  I am using code behind, developing with Visual Studio Pro 2003.  I have a user control (.ascx) on my main page.  Inside that user control are web server controls (namely LinkButtons).  I want to have all the LinkButtons to point to one click event.  That click event will identify the LinkButton by its ClientID and perform an action accordingly.  Within the LinkButtons, do I type OnClick="myClickEvent"? Where (in what .vb file) do I put the click event and how do I point all the LinkButtons to fire it when clicked. If I doub...

Web resources about - tabs control .. how to load web control on user click? - asp.net.futures

Otway fire still out of control but no threat to Falls Festival
Firefighters are battling to contain an out-of-control Great Otway National Park fire ahead of an expected hot and windy weather spike on Christmas ...

Review: Sugr Cube, the cute wooden portable AirPlay speaker with gesture controls
... rarer, pretty ones even rarer and the Sugr Cube goes one step further in its bid to stand out from the crowd: it offers gesture-based control. ...

You can control this family’s Christmas lights over the Internet
... Horrible disaster waiting to happen? You be the judge. You've never met Ken or Rebecca-Ellen and you probably never will. But you can control ...

This is how Amazon is taking control of delivery – and taking it away from UPS
As Amazon searches for ways to speed up delivery, the company this year made big strides toward cutting out the middle man and establishing a ...

Virginia AG Ends Concealed Reciprocity with 25 States for Lack of Gun Control
Virginia AG Ends Concealed Carry Reciprocity With 25 States For Lack Of Gun Control

You can control this family's Christmas lights over the internet and the results are mesmerising
... as they see fit. Visitors are greeted with a live webcam of the Fairbanks, Alaska house — pictured above — as well as a bank of controls for ...

Afghan officials: Key district besieged by Taliban still under state control
"Taliban rumors that they have captured the district are not true," says local official trapped for 3 days before government reinforcements arrived ...

NBA Stars Come Out In Support Of Gun Control
NBA Stars Come Out In Support Of Gun Control

How Sepp Blatter Lost Control Of His Monster
If Sepp Blatter could take a step back and look at the bigger picture, forgetting for a moment that today’s eight-year ban from all soccer activities ...