Multistep Insert/Edit for Dynamic Data Controls [Wizard or Tab Control functionality]

Hi,

Do DDCs have support for multistep insert/edit of table/view data? By this I mean a kind of wizard or tab control functionality.

Thanks

Ahmad
UK
0
Iftikhar
5/23/2007 3:23:46 PM
asp.net.futures 1064 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Ahmad- Currently the Dynamic Data Controls don't support a wizard or tab interface for table data manipulation.  Dynamic Data Controls currently support GridViews for delete and edit, and DetailsView for delete, edit and insert.  This is an interesting feature though and one we will consider for the future.  Thanks for your suggestion.

Polita Paulus

phuff
5/23/2007 9:08:04 PM

Thanks for your reply.

Regards.

Ahmad
UK
0
Iftikhar

Can't insert OLE controls. GPF when accessing
Hi all, I'm running PB 9 (6533) on Wndows XP and having problems when trying to insert OLE Controls. PB crashes when clicking on the Tab "Insert Control" in dialogue "Insert Object". PB 10 beta works fine and PB 8 crashes like PB9 (all on the same PC). Does anyone have any clue how to solve this? /Thanks! I am having the exact same issue in PB8 on windows XP. I noticed that no one had a reply so I was wondering if you were ever able to resolve the issue. Thanks ...

Tab Control
I have searched the forum and I cant seem to find the answer to my question, although I have tried some of the hints I have found with no luck....Can someone show me a working sample (with source code) of a page with a TabContainer and several tabs, with each tab having a user control, but the controls are not added/initialized/shown until the appropriate tab is shown/clicked?Something like this forum's "Write a New Post" page, where the tabs load after I click on them, and an animated picture displays to show that its loading.The solution needs to add user controls to the page...

Help with dynamic controls and retrieving data from dynamic controls
I am new to web development. My requirement is Text boxes get generated dynamically based on user input on click of a button called Ok after user enters values to these textboxes when user clicks on submit button ,values user entered to these textboxes have to be retrieved for further calculation I am generating text boxes in the ok button click event how to retrieve value user enters to these n where the procedure for that to be placed here u need to give name to id of every texbox in a specugic patterns so than u can know next time.   static int i = 0;protected...

controls missing from insert control tab
Using NT4.0 and PB5, I try to create a new user object containing an ocx. I select Standard visual type and olecontrol. On the insert object dialog I pick the insert control tab, the control type list is empty. How do I get ocx's entered into this list. I can see all the registered objects through VB. TIA Kurt ...

how to insert data in to the data base from a dynamically generated user control
Hi, I am loading one user control dynamically multiple times in a single page inside of an dynamically generated html table row. I am able to load that user contol dynamically multiple times, but the problem is , i want to enter data in the dynamically loaded user control's text boxes and insert the same data in to the database tables. please provide me a simple example to insert data in to the data base from dynamically generated user control. ?   The code for dynamically loading an user control which i have written is as follows:   using System; using System.Data; using...

Modify default (1 database field per row) rendering for DetailsView Control in Details, Edit, Insert Pages in a Dynamic Data WebSite
Hi, DetailsView control on Edit, Insert, Details pages render the data as a HTML table with only 2 columns (1 column for the column name and the other for its database value). I would like to modify this default behaviour of the DetailsView control to render atleast 2 database fields per row to capture some of the real estate on the right side of the page. Any suggestions are higly appreciated.  -Mahipal     You could use custome pages or have a look at this articles of mine here: Custom PageTemplates Part 1 - Custom PageTemplates with Ajax Control Toolkit Tabs ...

Dynamic Slave Controls
I am working a solution to enhance slave controls. I have created a proof of concept based on the 2.04 code base that shows how to load slave controls without switching to the admin view. I have included a sample module that contains 3 view controls. Each control has a row of buttons that can be used to load one of the other 2 controls. (and no I am not using panels.) The default control has a drop down of other instances of the dynamic control that exist on the current tab. Using the module communicator you can raise an event from one control that tells another instance of the module what c...

Adding dynamically created controls to Wizard control.
Thanks for showing interest in my post.I am dynamically creating controls on a specific step in my wizard and im wondering if its possible to add these controls to the wizard, not the form?currently im doing the following to add the textboxes to the Form...form.controls.add(txtbox) places the controls under the wizard, which makes sense to me.wizard.controls.add(txtbox) doesn't seem to be working out for me.any ideas? thanks all. Hi,    you know, a wizard control usually  has several step, if you add a control like wizard.controls.add(txtbox), how could the page determ...

Dynamic tab control in custom control errors
I'm trying to use the new Tab control in a custom control to be used as a webpart.  It gets created and displays just fine but after the initial display, every time something on the page does an action that causes any update panel on the page to refresh, I start getting javascript errors.  The debugger ends up in the TabContainer _app_onload function at the line this.get_element().style.visibility = 'visible'  and this.get_element() is undefined.  Every time the page changes, I get one more of these errors so the second update gets two, then three, etc.  I viewed the...

Dynamic Controls Within Dynamic Controls
Ok, So here's what i'm trying to do: I have the first set of controls, on the page which are dynamicly added, i'll just show simplified code, do to the complex nature of the full thing, so this is part one: private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { if (!Page.IsPostBack) Label1.Text = ""; for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++) { Button li = new Button(); li.Text = "Click Me - " + i.ToString(); li.ID = i.ToString();   li.Click +=new EventHandler(li_Click); PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(li); PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("<br/>"));   } } N...

quick job
Hi,We are looking for somebody to do a quick job with the wizard control.We have a form using the ajax tabs already developed. However, we need this converted over to the wizard.Tabs / Steps need to be dynamically added from a dropdown selection of number of people (up to 3 extra tabs) on the last tab , and steps need to be tabbed along the top.please PM me for further details   nobody has replied! is nobody interested!! Hi  Johnmck johnmck: We are looking for somebody to do a quick job with the wizard control. We have a form using the ajax tabs already develope...

Tab Controls/tab pages/controls within tab pages
I give up! I have a tab control user object - inherited from u_tab - and some tab pages. Initially only one page is enabled which has a datawindow. When a valid data is entered in the DW, I need to enable rest of the tabs - Now - it is giving me a NULL object reference error during execution for the following statement in an event of the DW - tabcontrol.tabpage.enabled=TRUE getparent( ) also giving errors - HELP! How can I do this? Thanks! Ragni rpanjala@nsf.gov Ragni -- If you have CreateOnDemand set for the tab, then the tab pages are not valid until the user accesses them. ...

Visibility control of Panel control and its affect on data controls
Thought I would toss this out here this morning and perhaps someone else had run across the same issue and had found a good way to accomplish what I want. First let me state what I'm attempting to do and the problem that I've run into.  GridView1 has a collection of rows in a SQL table that I want to present to the user. I've provided them the options of sorting and selecting only from the GridView control.  Orgionally, I had created a detail view that was being presented in Edit mode and then customized the layout of the edit item template to suit my needs.&nbs...

Edit data with GridView Control ? or another control ? help
I use GrivView in ASP.Net 2.0 to show data from DataTable. And i want to edit some fields in some rows. How can I do it? If i touch EDIT button - all columns, which have ReadOnly=false, switch into EDIT mode. But I want, that in first raw I can edit 2,3 column and in second row only 3 column. How can I do it ? ...

Web resources about - Multistep Insert/Edit for Dynamic Data Controls [Wizard or Tab Control functionality] - asp.net.futures

PlayStation 2 online functionality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Selected games on Sony 's PlayStation 2 video game console offer online gaming or other online capabilities. Games that enable the feature provide ...

ThroughGlass Brings More Facebook Functionality To Google Glass
Google Glass is not even available to the public yet, and there are already two Facebook applications for the head-mounted device, with photo-sharing ...

ShareThis brings social reader functionality to new sharing widget for publishers
... option to automatically share their reading activity back to Facebook. This could lead more blogs and media sites to add social reader functionality ...

Reverting the changes to block functionality
Earlier today, we made a change to the way the “block” function of Twitter works. We have decided to revert the change after receiving feedback ...

Users want functionality without complexity with BYOD: Cortado
Mobile workers want to have access to their files while the move without the complexity, according to Cortado APAC sales manager, Brendan Samuels. ...

Apple takes password reset functionality offline after news of serious vulnerability
Earlier Friday, The Verge reported on a significant security exploit with Apple's "reset password" functionality for Apple IDs. Armed with only ...

Updated: Get Kinect-style functionality on your Mac with this free app
Flutter is a free app that brings gesture controls to your Mac via its built-in web cam. Get the download here.

Twitter bolsters search functionality - social media, social networking, Internet-based applications ...
Twitter will bolster search functionality to automatically complete users' queries and suggest related search terms, among other improvements ...

Google announces enhanced snooze functionality for Inbox by Gmail
Google today announced a useful new feature that is now available in its Inbox email app. Starting today, when users "snooze" an email that has ...

‘Ping’ brings iMessage-like functionality to email
... Check out 9to5Mac for more breaking coverage of Apple , iPhone , and Apps . What do you think? Discuss "‘Ping’ brings iMessage-like functionality ...