A control with ID 'ImageButton5' could not be found for the trigger in UpdatePanel 'up1'.

I have 20 ImageButtons on my page and UpdatePanel . In Update Panel Triggers i've added all this buttons

<asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="IB1" />

<asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="ImageButton1" />

<asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="ImageButton2" />

<asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="ImageButton3" />

<asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="ImageButton4" />

<asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="ImageButton5" /> Here I am Getting this Message

A control with ID 'ImageButton5' could not be found for the trigger in UpdatePanel 'up1'.

4 first Image Buttons update panel can find but after 5th no ...... What can be the problem ????

http://webdefence.info for those who develops and for those who hacks
0
mcguzic
12/11/2007 3:12:16 PM
asp.net.futures 1064 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Please post your source code so we can see it in the context of the entire page.

When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a reply which answers your question.

My latest ASP.NET AJAX blog entries.
0
DisturbedBuddha
12/11/2007 5:04:36 PM

Post some more code details, So it will be more helpful

Chetan Sarode
Software Engineer,
Approva Systems Pvt Ltd,
Pune, India.
0
chetan

Thank you for your post!

Where is your ImageButton5? Is it in another naming container?

You cann't set button that is in  a different naming container with the updatepanle as a  trigger. That is the answer.

If you really want it to be a trigger, this is the workaround:

Programmatically adding AsyncPostBackTrigger controls is not supported. Find out the control via findcontrol method, then use the RegisterAsyncPostBackControl(Control) method of the ScriptManager control to programmatically register a postback control, and then call the Update() method of the UpdatePanel when the control posts back.

If you have further questions,let me know!

Best Regards,

Sincerely,
Jin-Yu Yin
Microsoft Online Community Support
0
Jin

''''''''''''''''''''

A control with ID 'LinkButton1' could not be found for the trigger in UpdatePanel 'UpdatePanelFrmHistory'
Hello mate, i would like to use the update panel for my datagrid  to fire an event handlar method when a link button in the Template column of datagrid is clicked   Here is my code <ajax:UpdatePanel runat="server" ID="UpdatePanelFrmHistory" UpdateMode="Conditional" ><ContentTemplate > <asp:DataGrid ID="DataGrid2" runat="server" ShowHeader="False" OnPageIndexChanged ="Grd_frm_history_OnPageIndexChanged" OnItemDataBound ="DataGrid2_ItemDataBound" style="vertical-align: top; text-a...

'''''

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

Could not find an event named 'SelectedIndexChanged' on associated control 'ddlist' for the trigger in UpdatePanel 'upResults'
I get the error "Could not find an event named 'SelectedIndexChanged' on associated control 'ddlist' for the trigger in UpdatePanel 'upResults'" when loading my page. This works just fine when using <asp:dropdownlist> but when I change it to my custom control <vortex:combobox> it gives the above error. Any idea why? the selectedindexchanged event does exist. Is exists, accepted, but is it tied to the dropdownlist?Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! Here is where the combobox is declared along with the updatepanel:<asp:ScriptManager ID="scriptManager" runat="server">&...

Could not find an event named 'dvProduct_ItemInserting' on associated control 'dvProduct' for the trigger in UpdatePanel 'UpdatePanel1'
 Hi i m using gridview and detailsView as parent detail for products in shopping cart.Both the controls are in the update panel ,DetailsView control include File Upload control so i write trigger in the update panel though this things i done correctly i m getting the above error.Below is my code  "UpdatePanel1" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional"> "grdProductList" runat="server" OnRowDeleting="grdProductList_RowDeleting" OnRowDataBound="grdProductList_RowDataBound" OnSelectedIndexC...

'''

The DataSourceID of 'gv2' must be the ID of a control of type IDataSource. A control with ID 'objDs1' could not be found.
i have a radiobutton list and gridview and a object data source at runtime i'm changing the object data source by clicking on the radiobutton list selected index changed and here is my source code....          <asp:RadioButtonList runat="server" ID="rblView" RepeatDirection="Horizontal" RepeatLayout="Flow" AutoPostBack="True" OnSelectedIndexChanged="rblView_SelectedIndexChanged">                &nb...

The DataSourceID of 'DetailsView1' must be the ID of a control of type IDataSource. A control with ID 'AccessDataSource1' could not be found.
 Anyone help with this? i have tried lots of ways to query this database and create the insert command, including making my own data sets and setting it up that way with my own custom SQL statement.....this did not work, so i though i would use VWD 2008's own tools to create the insert, i have been left with the following error: The DataSourceID of 'DetailsView1' must be the ID of a control of type IDataSource.  A control with ID 'AccessDataSource1' could not be found.   Everything looks ok to me. Code below:   <%@ Page Title="" Lan...

The DataSourceID of 'GridView1' must be the ID of a control of type IDataSource. A control with ID 'AccessDataSource' could not be found.
what i'm missing that i get the error: The DataSourceID of 'GridView1' must be the ID of a control of type IDataSource.  A control with ID 'AccessDataSource' could not be found.      <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="NewsId"                  EmptyDataText="There are no data records to display.">          &nb...

error:Could not find an event named 'onserverclick' on associated control 'Submit1' for the trigger in UpdatePanel 'UpdatePanel0'.

Target control with ID '' could not be found for extender '_AccordionExtender'.
Hey Folks, I'm trying to use the accordian in a page that uses a master page and I'm receiving this error.  I've place the following code inside the content place holder tag on the page.<atlasToolKit:Accordion runat='server' SelectedIndex='0' ID="Accordion1" AutoSize="None"FadeTransitions="true"TransitionDuration="250"FramesPerSecond="40"><Panes><atlasToolKit:AccordionPane><Header>Pane 1 </Header><Content> This is pane 1</Content></atlasToolKit:AccordionPa...

How do fix the error The DataSourceID of 'DataGrid1' must be the ID of a control of type IDataSource. A control with ID 'SqlMedTable' could not be found.
How do you fix the error: The DataSourceID of 'DataGrid1' must be the ID of a control of type IDataSource.  A control with ID 'SqlMedTable' could not be found.Here is the code.protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {if (!IsPostBack) {MedicalClassLibrary.Connection c = new MedicalClassLibrary.Connection(); c.GetMedicalTable();DataGrid1.AutoGenerateColumns = true; DataGrid1.DataSource = c.DS;InputDiv.Visible = false;Label1.Visible = false; txtRx.Focus(); } } Here is the class medhod:public void GetMedicalTable() {string medTable = "SELECT ...

Web resources about - A control with ID 'ImageButton5' could not be found for the trigger in UpdatePanel 'up1'. - asp.net.futures