Visual Studio 2005 (VB & C#), SQL 2005 (including BI), & .NET Training

If you are searching for in-depth, comprehensive instructor-led training in CD/DVD format, please contact me at your earliest convenience.

AppDev Training provides award-winning training resources based on Microsoft technologies.  All of our courses are produced and developed from the ground up by Microsoft MVP's and are complete with hands-on labs, sample code and printed courseware.

Buy One Get One Free in August!

2007 "Best Training" asp.netPRO Readers Choice Awards!
2007 “Best Instructor-Led Training” Visual Studio Magazine Readers Choice Awards!
2007 "Editor's Best Training and Certification" Windows IT Pro magazine!

Please contact me directly with any questions or to learn more.

Jason Wolff
tel  952-253-8133
fax  952-942-8452

0
wolff

Free Visual Studio 2005 & SQL Server 2005
Hi, FYI: MS anncounced that they plan to release free versions of VS.NET 2005 and SQL-Server 2005 next year! The BETA versions: download Cheers, DocHoliday MCSA/MCSE on W2K3, artless DNN operator bye, bye Access... Apart from beeing free, SQL Server 2005 Express has no longer a throttle like MSDE: "The SQL engine supports 1CPU, 1GB RAM and a 4GB database size. This mechanism permits easy differentiation from other SQL Server 2005 editions by having well defined cut-off points. Otherwise, there is no workload throttle and the engine performs as in other editions.&q...

AxCMS.net Award 2005 | 1st place: MSDN Professional subscription including Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005; 2nd place: new Xbox 360
We would like to introduce the 100% cost free AxCMS.net 5.2.2 - brand new release! AxCMS.net is a 100% cost free Enterprise CMS platform for architects and professional developers based 100% on Microsoft .NET. With the new download version we offer ... Improved user interface (thank you for feedback!) International support avaliable! New features (muitisite, permissions, authentication, newsletter, ...) Focused on software architects and professional developers Introducing AxCMS.net Award 2005! The AxCMS.net Award 2005 represent an opportunity ...

VS.net 2003 & VWD express 2005 & SQL Express 2005 (RS)
i have installed sql express 2005 with reporting services, vs.net 2003 and visual web developer express 2005. How do i get the reporting services designer or create a new report ? The option 'Business Intelligent' is not in the project....

VB.net 2005 & GridView & HyperLinkField & click event
Gang:I am trying to click on a HLF in a GV; however, I am unable to capture the declaration/click event.If I throw a test button on the page, the code behind for that click event fires off the code.How do I capture the click event for the HLF in the GV? What declaration/event am I trying to capture?A+ BS MCSE OOP Security+ Web DeveloperGet creative, not even. Hey,You can't capture the click event for HyperlinkField; HyperLink controls don't have a click event.Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, ...

Visual Basic .NET 2005 Express & Sql Server 2005 Express remote server
Hi,  I want to make a component library in Visual Basic.NET and connect to a remote Sql Server. When I create a new DataSet with the wizard, I can only connect to a .mdf file, but not to a Sql Server. With Visual Web Developer I can connect to a Sql server. What is the difference between these enviroments ? How can I do the same with Visual Basic.NET ?  Thanks in advance. Visual Basic .NET Express cannot connect to SQL Servers. The Visual Web Developer is the only express edition that can utilize SQL Server. You need to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005 Standard or higher.Cheers,&n...

Installation of Visualstudio.net -2003 & 2005 and SqlServer 2000&2005 and .net f\w 3.0 and WSS 3.0 on win 2003 server
My computer has Windows Server 2003 OS with Service pack 2 installed.  I want Installations sequence for installing 1.Visual Studio.Net 2003. 2.Visual Studio.Net 2005. 3.Sql server 2000. 4.Sql Server 2005. 5..Net frame work 3.0. 6.WSS 3.0. 7.Web Parts dll for visual studio.net 2005. Can any one help or give details of installing these and precautions needed to be taken like necessary service packs and updates .because when i tried to install web parts in Visual Studio.Net 2005. the setup was unsuccessful and reason was the setup is telling that "unable to detect visual st...

from Visual Studio .NET to Visual studio 2005 (VB)
Good evening, i hame one quistion about diffrenece Visual studio 2005 and older version.In Visual studio .NET to work with table from data base i do next steps:1. Create new connection to data base in data explorer2. Push my table from data explorer to my form, and master automatically create two components (SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter)3. Add to from new object - Dataset for transering data to client application (i amke a web service) and execute command from menu Data | Generate DataSet, then in Dialog box i Add this dataset to the designerThat's itThe quistion is how to do this st...

SQL Server 2005 express connectivity with Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hello I'm having a problem with the server connection and my C# code. The code executes alright but no data is entered into the database behind it.  I'm pasting the connection code over here as well. The sql commands are used in the code. I think I used the sql server mobile edition which is installed along with visual studio.net 2005. Anyone know what's wrong, and can help me out? Thanks in advance.public static void storeInDb(string trackName, string artist, string albumTitle, string year, string path, uint[] fp) { string connStr="Data Source=.\\SQLEXPRESS;At...

Web resources about - Visual Studio 2005 (VB & C#), SQL 2005 (including BI), & .NET Training - asp.net.free-for-all

70M Facebook Shares To Hit The Market, Including 41.35M From Mark Zuckerberg
... public offering of class-A common stock, with 27,004,761 coming from the company itself and another 42,995,239 from certain stockholders, including ...

Latino Youth Interrupt President Obama Speech to Protest His One Million Deportations, Including Many ...
Presente.org hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Latino Youth Interrupt President Obama Speech to Protest His One Million Deportations, Including Many ...

Facebook to introduce additional targeting for page posts, including age and gender segmenting
Facebook is planning to allow pages to target their posts to new subsets of their audience, including fans of a particular age range or gender, ...

Twitter Introduces Custom Timelines, Including Developer API
Like Storify, built right into Twitter itself.

Preschool Zoo Puzzles for toddlers and kids (animal puzzles including jigsaw puzzles, matching, counting ...
Get Preschool Zoo Puzzles for toddlers and kids (animal puzzles including jigsaw puzzles, matching, counting and other educational games) on ...

#ImagineCup Rockstar award (including preview #WP7 devices) presented by Minister Kudrycka to Beastware ...
#ImagineCup Rockstar award (including preview #WP7 devices) presented by Minister Kudrycka to Beastware ...

Learning to be awesome at anything you do, including being a leader - Tasha Eurich - TEDxMileHigh - YouTube ...
This talk was given at a local TEDx event, produced independently of the TED Conferences. Can we learn to lead, or is leadership something we're ...

30 sites including Inca trails, ancient French cave vie for World Heritage status
The World Heritage Committee gathers in Doha to decide which natural and cultural sites should get their names included on its 981-strong list. ...

Dodo releases NBN plans including unlimited data plan
Dodo has today announced its new range of consumer NBN plans, including a plan offering unlimited data per month.

ABC cuts tipped to hit news services including 7:30 and Lateline
The ABC's newsrooms are bracing for job losses as the national broadcaster's board prepares to spend the weekend finding savings that are tipped ...