Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition beta VS Visual Studio.net 2003

Is Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Beta better than Visual Studio.net 2003 ?

HighOnCoding
Wanna get high!
0
azamsharp
2/19/2005 8:19:00 PM
📁 asp.net.free-for-all
📃 9281 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 11 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 2041 Views

in my opinon no.  vs.net 2003 is a released application, and is used for more than just c#.  visual studio whidbey beta is pretty cool except it's a little quirky still.

I swear I can't wait til august.

Kay Lee
MySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragie
Infrastructure Group
MySpace.com

- Code to live, but Live to code.
0
KraGiE
2/20/2005 5:03:35 PM
What are the odds of anything actually being released in august?

0
adwins04
2/20/2005 6:39:38 PM
What are the odds of anything actually being released in august?

Zero.
Is Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Beta better than Visual Studio.net 2003 ?
Define better. I'm not sure you can compare them because they are different products that run against different framework versions.
Terri

Terri Morton
Engagement Manager, Neudesic

How to ask a question

0
tmorton
2/21/2005 1:28:07 PM
also AFAIK you cannot use it on commercial applications

GO HOKIES!!!
0
Harold
2/22/2005 3:55:41 PM
What I can't figure out is if the Express Editions are going to be free or if there is going to be some minimal cost assocated with them.

View My Blog Download My URL Rewriter and Reverse Proxy

Only $9.95/month, ASP.NET, 2GB & SQL 2005
0
nberardi
2/22/2005 4:04:09 PM
also AFAIK you cannot use it on commercial applications

AFAIK the licensing for the Express products has not yet been announced. Everything I've read, including the FAQ on the Express site ("Visual Web Developer Express Edition is intended for non-professional, hobbyist, and enthusiast developers who want to evaluate or learn how to build ASP.NET 2.0 Web applications.") leads me to believe that statement is correct but I have not seen anything official on this.
What I can't figure out is if the Express Editions are going to be free or if there is going to be some minimal cost assocated with them.
SQL Server Express Edition will be free. The rest of the Express line will not be free but will be available at a very low cost.
Terri

Terri Morton
Engagement Manager, Neudesic

How to ask a question

0
tmorton
2/22/2005 4:43:28 PM
AFAIK the licensing for the Express products has not yet been announced. Everything I've read, including the FAQ on the Express site ("Visual Web Developer Express Edition is intended for non-professional, hobbyist, and enthusiast developers who want to evaluate or learn how to build ASP.NET 2.0 Web applications.") leads me to believe that statement is correct but I have not seen anything official on this.

well while in beta it isn't allowed for production

GO HOKIES!!!
0
Harold
2/22/2005 5:36:59 PM
What is the expected date of release of Whidbey ? (i.e. not Beta, but Release )
0
IndianGuru
2/24/2005 11:03:42 AM
There is no date to hang your hat on.  From what I've read it looks like it will be very late 2Q 2005.

Terri

Terri Morton
Engagement Manager, Neudesic

How to ask a question

0
tmorton
2/24/2005 12:46:07 PM
Actually - I meant very late 3Q 2005 for the anticipated release, sorry.   :-(

Terri

Terri Morton
Engagement Manager, Neudesic

How to ask a question