How to run UNIX commands using C language ( C Language not C# langauge)

I am running Windows XP Professional and I
want to run some UNIX commands from C langauge. Commands like semget
and someother commands. Is there any tool that I can use with windows
XP to run C language and use UNIX commands instead of installing the
UNIX operating system.

Thanks,

HighOnCoding
Wanna get high!
0
azamsharp

I think installing Linux is the way to go but have you looked at  http://www.cygwin.com?

Cygwin is a Linux environment that run on Windows.  Check it out.

It's all over and I'm standin' pretty
In this dust that was a city
If I could find a souvenier
Just to prove the world was here
0
BobT
10/22/2005 12:05:06 AM
Yeah, I already checked that out. It does not support UNIX commands.

THanks,

HighOnCoding
Wanna get high!
0
azamsharp
10/22/2005 2:58:42 AM
Your paths are setup incorrectly.  You need to have Cygwin's bin directory in your PATH variable.
0
wswartzendruber

C++0x Core Language Features In Visual C++ 2010: how about C++Builder ?
C++0x Core Language Features In Visual C++ 2010 http://blogs.msdn.com/vcblog/archive/2010/04/06/c-0x-core-language-features-in-vc10-the-table.aspx > {quote:title=Ciprian Popa wrote:}{quote} > C++0x Core Language Features In Visual C++ 2010 > http://blogs.msdn.com/vcblog/archive/2010/04/06/c-0x-core-language-features-in-vc10-the-table.aspx The documentation talks about some of what C++0x features were added in C++Builder 2009: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/en/What%27s_New_in_Delphi_and_C%2B%2BBuilder_2009#C.2B.2BBuilder_2009 In addition, this chart is handy: http:...

C or C++
What's the difference in using C or C++ for ultralite developments?. Novice user. Thank you The ONLY difference is YOUR preference. There is no speed difference between the two. If you are very used to C++ but not used to SQL, then the C++ API maybe a better choice. If you are familiar with SQL, the embedded SQL may make more sense. -- David Fishburn Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions Professional Services Please only post to the newsgroup EBFs and Whitepapers http://www.sybase.com/products/mobilewireless/anywhere/ "Lorenzo Mota" <lorenzomota@aol.com> wro...

.NET Language Converters (VB, C#, C++, & J#)
New versions of our converters have just been released.  Demo editions are available at www.tangiblesoftwaresolutions.com: VB to C# converter Instant C#:Instant C# converts projects, folders, files, snippets, and ASP.NET pages from VB to C#. C# to VB converter Instant VB:Instant VB converts projects, folders, files, snippets, and ASP.NET pages from C# to VB. C# to C++ converter Instant C++ C# Edition:Instant C++ C# Edition converts projects, folders, files, and snippets from C# to VC++. VB to C++ converter Instant C++ VB Edition:Instant C++ VB Edition converts projects, folders, fil...

About C and C++
Hello, I will resume it like this: On the criterias of "complexity" and "difficulty", the C and C++ programming languages are more complex and difficult than Object Pascal for example, so since they are more complex and difficult they are likely to create something like a darwinian filter who don't let the weaker humans among us humans to cross or to climb the social ladder, this is why i think that C and C++ do participate to social darwinism, this is why i say that C and C++ are bad. Thank you, Amine Moulay Ramdane. Amine Moulay Ramdane wrote: > He...

C++ or C#
HI, I have still seen that many big companies are still using C++ as their primary language of choice instead of C#. Like IBM stilll prefers C++ over c#. Any reason ???HighOnCodingWanna get high! Well not everybody has the .net framework installed. C++ will work on any platform, c# will not yet because the framework has not been ported to all platforms yet (e.g. mac). Also you have to think of the expense of a large company to retrain ALL its coders to use the new framework. Not exactly practical in the short term David LeggDave Legg Considering that they have a huge c...

C++ and C#: Basic Language Integration
I want to create a web form in which the user enters two numbers into a textbox, clicks a button, and the sum is returned. This part of the application (dealing with the user interface) will use C# code. However, I want the actual addition to be done in C++. I want the C# code to call a function written in C++:  int Sum (int, int). This C++ function should then return a value to the C# code. The C# code can then post the sum. How would I go about doing something of this nature? I am having trouble integrating the two languages, and do not know how to go about it. The purpose of th...

C Components Using Watcom C/C++ Compiler
This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format. --------------ms2646818B6AC700D6597C3859 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------E0BFC7D7A6CA166C48EDA143" This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------E0BFC7D7A6CA166C48EDA143 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Does anyone have an example of C skeleton files and Watcom C/C++ make file to compile and load C components into Jaguar using the Watcom C/C++ compiler/Linker? --------------E0BFC7D7A6CA166C48EDA143 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; ch...

Landing c-c-breaking changes that remove c-c-only code from m-c
Thanks to the work that Anne has done on the Encoding Standard specification and the work that Masatoshi Kimura and I have done to progressively implement the specification in Firefox, we are now at a point where there's a whole bunch of internationalization-related dead code in Firefox. The code is still used by mailnews, though. I am not done preparing the removal patches yet, but with my current patch queue I can already get 149 KB off of Android ARMv7 optimized apk size and 138 KB off of Android ARMv7 optimized libxul size. (I'm not sure what sort of size wins are conside...

Landing c-c-breaking changes that remove c-c-only code from m-c
Thanks to the work that Anne has done on the Encoding Standard specification and the work that Masatoshi Kimura and I have done to progressively implement the specification in Firefox, we are now at a point where there's a whole bunch of internationalization-related dead code in Firefox. The code is still used by mailnews, though. I am not done preparing the removal patches yet, but with my current patch queue I can already get 149 KB off of Android ARMv7 optimized apk size and 138 KB off of Android ARMv7 optimized libxul size. (I'm not sure what sort of size wins are conside...

Command 'dir' not found in C:\MinGW\bin, C:\Python27,..... when use IPC::Run
I came across this error when I run follow code on windows. and if changed the command `dir` to `ipconfig`, it's ok. I guess it because dir is a cmd internal command but ipconfig isn't. Can anybody explain it for me. Thanks code: use strict; use IPC::Run qw(run timeout); my @cmd = qw(dir); my ($in, $out, $error); open $in, "<in.txt"; open $out, ">out.txt"; open $error, ">error.txt"; run \@cmd, $in, $out, $error, timeout(10) or die "error: $?"; close $in; close $out; close $error; Hi hsin, On Thu, 21 J...

Instant C++ C# to C++ Converter
We've just released version 1.0 of the Instant C++ C# to C++ converter.  Instant C++ converts to either C++/CLI (2005) or Managed C++ (2003).Instant C++ converts C# projects, folders, files, and snippets. David Antonwww.tangiblesoftwaresolutions.comInstant C#: VB.NET to C# ConverterInstant VB: C# to VB.NET ConverterInstant C++: C# to C++ ConverterInstant J#: VB.NET to J# ConverterClear VB: Cleans up outdated VB.NET code David Antonhttp://www.tangiblesoftwaresolutions.comConvert VB to C#, C++, or JavaConvert C# to VB, C++, or JavaConvert C++ to C#, VB, or JavaConvert Java to C#, C++, or...

What language is used for DNN? C# or VB.NET
Can someone tell me which language is used for DNN 2.x programming. Should I be familiar with VB.NET or C#. Thanks Writing plugin modules, well choose your favorite... any .Net programming language will do./Bo Norgaard ( dotnetnuke.dk ) You can code in any ASP.Net supported language, however the Core Framework is done with VB.Net. Other developers use C# to extend the framework with private assemblies (PAs). Either one is fine and welcomed by the community. If you have experience with VB.Net, then there are plenty of examples for you to examine and learn from. If you use C#, ch...

Web resources about - How to run UNIX commands using C language ( C Language not C# langauge) - asp.net.free-for-all