diff between win 2003 server and win 2003 .net server

whats the difference between them ?
***********************
Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
***********************
0
ndinakar

one has .net stuck at the end of it.... i don't know.... aren't they the same thing?
0
dot365
3/13/2004 1:07:11 AM
Its a marketing thing  - depends on what Subsection you are in :P
Get ready to blast your energy levels into high gear with Sedgewick Energy Drink. High powered adaptogenic herbs mixed with potent levels of B-vitamins and...

Please disregard the contents of this post.
0
sedgewick
3/13/2004 2:43:37 AM
i went to a local .net users group meeting and grabbed the stuff that they had...so got a developers kit of windows .net server 2003 and an evaluation edition of wndows server 2003...so was wondering what the diff is...
***********************
Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
***********************
0
ndinakar
3/13/2004 6:17:53 AM
They're the same thing. Windows Server 2003 was Windows .Net Server until very close to realease when MS decided to change the name.,
--Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP - Directory Services
http://www.briandesmond.com
0
bdesmond
3/14/2004 7:40:50 AM
oh ok. so win server 2003 is the latest ...right ?
***********************
Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
***********************
0
ndinakar
3/14/2004 1:42:09 PM
that's correct.
--Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP - Directory Services
http://www.briandesmond.com
0
bdesmond
3/14/2004 5:37:41 PM
The ones with .NET to it were RC's as well normally
0
CumpsD

Installation of Visualstudio.net -2003 & 2005 and SqlServer 2000&2005 and .net f\w 3.0 and WSS 3.0 on win 2003 server
My computer has Windows Server 2003 OS with Service pack 2 installed.  I want Installations sequence for installing 1.Visual Studio.Net 2003. 2.Visual Studio.Net 2005. 3.Sql server 2000. 4.Sql Server 2005. 5..Net frame work 3.0. 6.WSS 3.0. 7.Web Parts dll for visual studio.net 2005. Can any one help or give details of installing these and precautions needed to be taken like necessary service packs and updates .because when i tried to install web parts in Visual Studio.Net 2005. the setup was unsuccessful and reason was the setup is telling that "unable to detect visual st...

Sizing for a windows server with .Net on Win Server 2003
Hello all, Although i have been checking this website for the last few years this is my first post!!! Do you know if microsoft has any tools or guidelines to calculate the hardware requirements for a server with windows server 2003 that will have a couple of .Net webservices and a couple of aspx pages. Basically i am looking for a set of hardware and software requirements for the server (e.g. HDD speed, RAM, CPU etc). The webservices will be called in the range of 8000 calls per minute. The aspx pages will be rarely accessed (maybe 1-2 times per week). The webservices do very little proc...

Which aspnet_regsql wizard is recommended on a Win 2003 server x64 with .NET 64-bit and .NET 32-bit Framework?
Hi everybody,I installed on an Win 2003 server x64 .NET 64-bit framework (beta 2.0.50215). After that I installed VS2005 beta 2 (2.0.50215) and SQL2005 (VS 2005 Beta Experience Kit). No problem are visible.Two .NET frameworks are installed, ...\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v20.0.50215 and ...\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v20.0.50215.What aspnet_regsql wizard is recommended to use to configure a SQL Server database that stores information for ASP.NET applications services?ThanksBI-needs-ITBusiness Intelligence Consultant Both should work fine.HTH,Manu Hi Manu,yes, it looks like. Is it may...

installing .Net 3.5 on win Server 2003
Hi Folks, I have one application running on Windows 2003 server .net 2.0 framework. another one i developed is in .Net 3.5 Framework. but when i upload my 3.5 application on server i get error below. My issue is i want to know if i can install 3.5 to make my new app run. and leave the old app running in 2.0.Hope to hear from you guys soon.  Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your co...

Problem with Win 2003 Server with .NET 1.1
Hi! I have one web server with Windows 2003 Server with .NET framework 1.1. We deployed our main application on it and it was working fine. I have my desktop development pc with Visual Studio 2005 (VS2K5). I tried to open the main project of the web app with VS2K5 and I got a warning that the was going to happen a migration wizard. At the end I got an error telling me: "The site http://www.zapatosaqui.com is currently configured for use with ASP.NET 1.1.4322.0. Microsoft Visual Studio has been designed for use with ASP.NET 2.0; if not configured some features may make incorrect assumption...

sql server does not exist with win server 2003
Hi,i have installed windows server 2003 on a machine and now want to access my all website through server database.but giving error sql server does not exists with dot net 2003.and when i am using same connection string with dot net 2005 it is working.my connection string <add key="constring" value="server=devps1;uid=HRWUSER;pwd=QWE123;Database=HRWDB;"></add> this connection string works fine in dot net 2005 but giving error of sqlserver does not exists with . net 2003. now i have done one more thing for checking. i have made dsn with server.here if i am giv...

Develop on Win XP or Win Server 2003
Hi all,  Licencing issues aside, is it better to do local web development on windows XP, or on Windows 2003 given that the eventual result will run on 2003? Thanks R Hey, Welcome to the forum.  Most people develop on their local machines; although some do develop remotely.  I am developing on Win 2000 and Win XP, and deploy to WIn 2000 and Win 2003 server with no problems.  The biggest problem you will face is configuration of the ASP.NET; IIS uses a different account than the ASPNET account (NETWORKSERVICE account I believe).Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what...

Ghostscript on Terminal Server (Win Server 2003)
Hi, Have installed Ghostscript 8.53, to save DW's as PDF's. Works great on desktops, but on installing the same version of GS on Win Server 2003, so that the thin clients can function the same way, there is no PDF output. Installed in as Administration for all users, but no luck. Has anyone had a probem? Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you Did the Sybase Datawindow Printer get installed? If not you might just need to install it manually (Terminal Server sometimes doesn't allow kernel mode drivers so it won't automatically create the printer). If it ...

Installing PortalVBVS into VS.net on .NET Server 2003
I've been trying all day to get the VB version installed, without success. I need help with two things - getting it configured in VS.Net, and getting the web.config connection string right. I've run the installer and have the files on c:\PortalVBVS. I've created a virtual web called "PortalVB" which points at c:\PortalVBVS\PortalVBVS. When I browse with IIS Manager I see the subdirectories as I should. I've created a database called Portal on MSDE running on the same server, and populated it by running the Portaldb.sql script. I see tables and columns, and I can retriev...

VS 2003 on Win Server 2003 Installation Problem
I have installed VS 2003 on a Windows Server 2003 machine but I've run into problems. I didn't have any problem during the installation but, - when I try to open VS, it stucks for 2-3 minutes (or more) in the splash screen and then, - when I try to open the server node in Server Explorer, I get the message: "Server Explorer is unable to perform this operation. See below for details: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found" I have tried the suggested solutions in the 306905 knowledge base article (http://support.microsoft.com/...

Win 2003 web server on LAN with iis 6.0 and .net 2.0 doesn't return HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name value
Hi. I'm accessing a Win 2003 web server on LAN with iis 6.0 and .net 2.0 that doesn't reuturn HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name value in asp.net 2.0 c# although I am logged on to the network domain.  Any advice on why and how to rectify this? The web.config file has authentication mode="Windows" set.  Thanks for any help!...

Win 2003 Server: "tree or server cannot be found"
--____CDMCQHBJPOFBGULNPFML____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a GW 6.2 installation running on a Windows 2000 server. I have a NW 4.11 server for maint of GW only. My Win 2000 server is using NW client 4.90 and logins fine. I am trying to install a Win 2003 SBS server which will replace the Win = 2000 server. I installed NW 4.90 on the Win 2003 server, and when I try = to login to the NW 4.11 server, I get the message that the tree or server = can not be found. Comparing my Win2000 server to the 2003 server, I...

IIS server works with vs.net but not vs.net 2003 ?
Trying to program in asp.net 1.1 via visual studio and running IIS 5.1. After getting asp.net to work, i am getting the dreaded '...Internal Server Error 500..." if I try to start a new Solution in VS.Net 2003. However, VS.Net will allow me to start a web application with no problems. Truth is stranger than fiction, but nothing is stranger than visual studio.... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks....

Web resources about - diff between win 2003 server and win 2003 .net server - asp.net.free-for-all

How Hillary Clinton Won the Debate Months Ago
Hillary Clinton’s rivals questioned her commitment to tighter rules on guns, her hawkish foreign policy tendencies and even her age. None of ...

Kylo Ren: Director J.J. Abrams Explains How The ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Villain Turned To The ...
Kylo Ren is the villain in Star Wars: The Force Awakens , one who idolizes Darth Vader, and director J.J. Abrams explained just how the movie’s ...

Terrorist Tashfeen Malik’s Visa Application ‘Sloppily Handled:’ Congressman
Tashfeen Malik, one of the terrorists in the San Bernardino shooting, got into the U.S. partially thanks to a “sloppily handled” visa application, ...

National Herald case: Hours before Gandhis arrive, Patiala Court turns into a fortress
Almost twenty matters that where listed to be heard on Saturday have been deferred and have been given different dates.

South China Sea- Other countries shouldn’t meddle: Chinese envoy
BJP general secretary Ram Madhav and Chinese ambassador Le Yucheng shared opposing views on the contentious issue of South China Sea on Saturday. ...

Manchester United fan poll shows 89% believe Louis van Gaal should be sacked
More than 4000 Red Devils supporters voted on the Mirror website - and the verdict was that the Dutchman should be axed

Martin Shkreli: Controversial pharma boss dismisses fraud allegations as 'baseless, without merit'
Pharmaceuticals entrepreneur Martin Shkreli dismisses the securities fraud allegations that resulted in his arrest this week as baseless and ...

Who Won Miss World 2015? Meet Spain's Mireia Lalaguna Royo
Mireia Lalaguna Royo gets the crown placed on her head after winning the title at Miss World ‘s grand final on Saturday (December 19) in southern ...

Iraqi soldiers may have been hit by coalition friendly fire
CNN Iraqi soldiers may have been hit by coalition friendly fire CNN (CNN) The U.S.-led coalition will investigate after the Iraqi military ...

One injured in Wisconsin mall shooting on busy shopping day
TheBlaze.com One injured in Wisconsin mall shooting on busy shopping day Miami Herald Gunfire erupted during a dispute inside a large Wisconsin ...