DevArchive.com - resource for .NET, Java, Delphi, VB developers

Hi everybody,

DevArchive.com now has new Books section with fresh content - as newest as well as best seller books in .NET, Delphi, Java etc. development, Database administration and development etc. Please check out.

---
http://www.devarchive.com - .NET, Delphi, Java, VB resources for software developers and IT professionals
0
devarchive

Here's a link to the guy's site: Link
0
wswartzendruber
5/13/2005 6:41:13 PM
Very funny. Very. Is this unmoderated forum for any discussions? Doesn't DevArchive have any sence for software developers? Did I use any automated software to post this topic? I'm very interested in any feedback about our resource - not in stupid jokes... Simply because I just thought that forums.asp.net is the community of serious guys.
---
http://www.devarchive.com - .NET, Delphi, Java, VB resources for software developers and IT professionals
0
devarchive
5/14/2005 6:10:22 AM
If you have not yet posted about your site in the Announcements forum you should consider doing so.

Terri Morton
Engagement Manager, Neudesic

How to ask a question

0
tmorton
5/14/2005 12:29:45 PM
Thanks Terri, I'll do it today. I just thought that announcements forum is only for this site announcements, not for others.
---
http://www.devarchive.com - .NET, Delphi, Java, VB resources for software developers and IT professionals
0
devarchive
5/14/2005 12:41:12 PM
There are 2 Announcements forums, one for this site and one of general interest to ASP.NET developers.

Terri Morton
Engagement Manager, Neudesic

How to ask a question

0
tmorton
5/14/2005 12:54:31 PM

Ok great, thanks. I've already made the post into right forum Smile [:)]

It is not approved yet Tongue Tied [:S]

---
http://www.devarchive.com - .NET, Delphi, Java, VB resources for software developers and IT professionals
0
devarchive
5/14/2005 1:03:41 PM
I'm a serious .net developer and I love finding new resources for information. Of course, after I visited the OP's site and saw that the site was written in PHP, my enthusiam diminished a litttle bit. Then I realized that most of the .net resource sites in my favorites, well, they all use asp.net technology on their own site.

Then I went a bit further and I realized that most of the sites in my favorites were made by developers that I've seen around here for the last three years. You know, sites from the usual suspects that you know and trust. like Aspalliance, Wwwcoder, Code Project etc etc.

I don't really have a point and I'm not even sure why I'm posting to this thread. I guess it's because the OP's infantile response to wswartzendruber kind of irked me. I mean wswartzendruber's a regular poster here and the OP's a noob, isn't there usually protocols to follow whenever you post on a new forum. Common sense things like joking when flamed, or even apologies, when someone says Don't Spam Us!
0
HackMeNot
5/14/2005 6:54:01 PM

We are serious .NET developers too, together with php, asp, win32 (Delphi, .NET) and other technologies. See the http://www.biruza.com for details. Biruza Software owns DevArchive.com. DevArchive.com exists since 2000 and was written in PHP from beginning, by its former owner. We have acquired it in 2003 and made it popular resource.

We have started the .NET section in 2004. Do we must rewrite the whole site in another technology, move it to a new server with another OS, to another database, when it works fine now? We are not amateurs with some sites maintained as pure hobby and we don't have time to remake things working well enough.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience made personally for you by our post, but do you have to say anything regarding the _content_ of DevArchive.com? This is new for me to hear that the technology in which the site is written, determines its quality and efficiency for its visitors.

And the last. Are people with 4k+ posts all saint here? Thay are Gods? Then I'm terribly sorry. Let you guru guys laugh for anything you want, even if your jokes are stupid. You are Gods - you are untouchable, right?Embarrassed [:$]

---
http://www.devarchive.com - .NET, Delphi, Java, VB resources for software developers and IT professionals
0
devarchive
5/15/2005 6:57:20 AM
Hey Hey. Settle down big fella. No ones questioning your credentials. Gosh, and I certainly didn't mean to imply that you were amateurs. Sorry if it came across that way!

What I was saying is that your resource site didn't make it into my favorites and I had a variety of different reasons. Think of me as crazy! Maybe even think of me as terribly unfunny and possibly stupid! Or maybe just think of me as a prospect that ain't buying, and leave it at that.
0
HackMeNot
5/15/2005 8:08:21 AM

Dear friend,

I'm very sorry if I've offended you somehow.

Let's remember what was the first. They guy said that my first post was SPAM and he laughed at me. Do you agree with him? Did my post meet any criteria of SPAM? If I just came to wrong place to post the info which (I believed) could be interested for software developers - this is my fault, I agree. Moderator of this forum has pointed the right place to post it and I've followed his instruction.

But the question remains: was it SPAM and was your and your guru friend attacks fair? I thought that SPAM is something other, with other criterias... maybe I was wrong. Sorry. Let's then conclude that I'm guilty and I give my apologies to all community here - and let's finish this stupid discussion. I'm sorry again.

---
http://www.devarchive.com - .NET, Delphi, Java, VB resources for software developers and IT professionals
0
devarchive
5/16/2005 6:30:35 AM
 devarchive wrote:
Very funny. Very. Is this unmoderated forum for any discussions? Doesn't DevArchive have any sence for software developers? Did I use any automated software to post this topic? I'm very interested in any feedback about our resource - not in stupid jokes... Simply because I just thought that forums.asp.net is the community of serious guys.

Thanks for taking it well.  I saw your initial postcount of zero and couldn't help myself. Smile [:)]
0
wswartzendruber

VB.NET is 65% of all .NET development.
I'm picking a number out of the air though (and working with limited information of course) but it appears to me that VB.NET is being used more than C# for .NET programming currently. Here's why it seems so: -the largest migration of programmers to .NET are coming from vb6. -many on the MS .net team are active vb.net programmers. -DDN has the largest community, and also most modules are being created in vb.net (mostly because it's easier to deploy (with source), test, modify (code in same project), and work with than using a language foreign to the core. It takes a pre...

Delphi for a VB.NET developer [Edit]
Hi EDN, I have been a VB.NET developer for about three years and have become very comfortable with it. But now I need to develop a small program that will run faster, natively, and without the need for .NET framework being installed. I chose Delphi because I am used to object oriented program and I have learned Dev Pascal a few years back in college. As I am refreshing my memory about the Object Pascal program structure I want to try and compare this to what I know about vb.net. Here are a few of my questions: 1. In Delphi you MUST create an interface before you can create a class. You c...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

Upgrade VB.net 2002 to VB.net 2003
Hi, i want to upgrade VB.net 2002 to VB.net 2003.what is the procedure?Uninstall 2002 and Install 2003 or something else? VB.net 2003 includes Framework 1.1 or i will install it separately?thanx in advance ...

.NET to COM question ( Dictionary in COM and .NET dictionary)
 I need to write a data access code to replace the method of GetPerson() in COM data access, since the existing method is too slow. .NET can reduce the database round trips by using the dataset. The existing COM data access will stay except the GetPerson() method. So I am going to call the .NET getPerson() mehtod from the COM,  The original GetPerson() method in COM just go to data base, pull data from 7 tables and write to dictionary.  If the .NET getPerson() can populate the COM Dictionary, that would be great! I know .NET object can be directly assign t...

COM .NET Interop
Hi, I need help here.. I have this problem.I have COM VB6 that call a .NET class library, and this class library use the .NET SAP Conector to extract the information from SAP. I receive the information from SAP in a DataTable, the problem here is that I dont how to return this DataTable to VB6 COM. I made a test, and I can return a String to COM and basic types, but I dont know how to do it with this DataTable.Thanks for your helpI really appreciate. One alternative might be to add the DataTable to a DataSet and then convert the DataSet to an XML string using WriteXml(). That said, quic...

VB.Net To C#.Net

C#.NET or VB.NET

About VB.net And VC.net
I am always Programming With VB.net Recently My Teacher ask us to learn Vc or VC.net. I try to learn it and compare it with vb.net, I found it's much too complex than vb. However it is said vc is strongger than vb I want to know Why vc is strongger than vb? and is it hard too learn vc? I am new to asp.net Thanks for man who want to help me! Wuhan, Hubei, China Below links could give some info http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q308470Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti VisualC is not a language in an of itself...

vb .net or c# .net

Cross-Platform .NET Development: Using Mono, Portable.NET, and Microsoft .NET
Interesting book I came across: Cross-Platform .NET Development $49.99 doesn't hurt too much either :) NOTE: Availability: This item has not yet been released. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. It's being released on September 30th, 2004 - one to keep an eye on...www.codingmayhem.com - VB.NET, C#, Silverlight, Javascript, HTML, CSS, T-SQL, MySQL and SQLitewww.headshotgamer.com - Gaming News and Reviews How about this book from Oreilly? Mono: A Developer's Notebook http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/monoadn/...

ANN: VB.NET Forums
Hello Fellow Programmers: Just an announcement the VB.NET Forums moved to the advanced vBulletin 3 software providing a feature rich and enjoyable forum experience. Stop by in your Internet surfing to help others, ask questions, and partake in our VB.NET only community. Visit us in addition to your trips to this great community. http://www.vbdotnetforums.comNeal...

Web resources about - DevArchive.com - resource for .NET, Java, Delphi, VB developers - asp.net.free-for-all