Debug console application: Unable to start debugging, the workstation service has not been started

Hi,

This is probably a very dumb question, but how do I enable debugging for a console application? I keep getting this error message saying "the workstation service has not been started". How do I start that service?

I never had this in VS2003, so I don't really know what to do :)

Thanks!

Dave

0
Boddah

All of the forums at forums.asp.net are for topics related to ASP.NET (web sites / web applications). For questions related to windows and console application development we recommend you post at the MSDN Forums.
Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~
mbanavige

Debug/Start without debugging works
If I select 'Debug/Start Without Debugging', my program launches and runs just as it should. If I select Debug/Start With Debugging, the system flutters like it should, (running) appears in the title bar, and immediately returns to VS as if it's done running, and (running) now disappears from the title bar. the splash screen never appears, etc. it just shuts down. F10 from the IDE to launch in debug does the same thing (immediate start/stop).F11 from the IDE to launch in debug does the same thing (immediate start/stop).Solution Explorer/Project/Debug/Step Into New Instance does t...

difference between start debugging and start without debugging
Hi all,  I am unable to get the correct answer for difference between start debugging and start without debugging question. Plez help me....thanks in advance.......... Start without debugging doesn't attach a debugger to the process. Start debugging does.RegardsDave If you are asking about the initial dialog that VS popup up when you hit F5 on a new site it implies that if it should <compilation debug="true"> tag to web.config or not. If this is set to false the debugger will not attach to the project and would not let you set breakpoints. The default option ho...

Difference between start debugging Vs Start without debugging
What is the exact difference between Start Debugging and Star Without Debugging. I need to know that what's happening with these 2... please help me..   thanks venkat  When you start with debugging it allows you to add break points and step through the code as it will load the debugging symbols.If you start without debugging then the symbols dont get loaded so you cannot step through the code with the break points, much like a release build.  Start with debugging, is the option, wherein you can pause the procesing of the code, at a certain break point, and then ite...

"Unable to start debugging on the web server. You do not have permission to debug the application. The URL for this project is in the Internet zone."
You may receive the error "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. You do not have permission to debug the application. The URL for this project is in the Internet zone. Click Help for more information."This is one of the various errors that appear when you are debugging and may haunt you until you do the following fix:-1. In the Internet Explorer, "Tools" Menu, select "Internet Options".2. Switch to "Security" Tab.3. Click on "Internet" (The Globe Icon. Its actually the default selected).4. Click on "Custom Level" in the bottom.5. Scroll down to find ...

Cannot debug: Unable to start debugging on the web server. The debug request could not be processed by the server due to invalid syntax.
We do not have this problem on any other machine, but one we cannot hit F5 and run, we get the following error: Unable to start debugging on the web server. The debug request could not be processed by the server due to invalid syntax. I'd like to to know what syntax it is talking about. If we manually attach we are fine, but this slows the process for that developer.  I only found one post on this and it wasn't much help as it was speaking to IIS 6.0 and server extensions which this computer does not have.  I cannot duplicate the error on any other machine that is configured the...

Error When Debugging (Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewa
Hi, When im going to run asp.net website its giving this error. Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewall.  please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Pubudu  If you are running your site off of a different machine than you are developing on, you need to install and configure the Visual Studio Remote Debugger on that machine. try to change the address from http://localhost to http://yourIP...   i hope it's worked...mak...

Unable to debug
Hi, I made a few changes to my Web application today, which has been working fine for several months. I now find that I'm unable to start the application from within Visual Studio .NET 2003. When I try to do this I get the error:- Windows Service Start Failure Cannot start service from the command line or debugger. A Windows Service must first be installed (using installutil.exe) and then started with the ServerExplorer, Windows Services Administrative tool or the NET START command. The project builds without reporting any errors and I am still able to run the application via Int...

Unable to start debugging with web application add in
I am using the new project type of Web Application and IIS. In IIS I have a site labled as devbox.host.com, which answers to only that host header. In my HOSTS file I have devbox.host.com assigned to 127.0.0.1. In the web project properties I have Use IIS Web server and project url as http://devbox.host.com/webapplication1When I try to debug the application I receive the following error:Unable to start debugging on the web server. Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.if I change the devbox.host.com to localhost all works fine. I need to have the header as I have to have mutliple ...

Unable to start debugging on the web server. debugging failed because integrated authentication is not ....
And i am not even using integrated authentication, i set it to use forms authentication in the web.config ! i have a sample page that do it in the same page as i do but it works with them i can debug directly in Visual studio 2005 by F5, what could be wrong in my application, i checked the web.config and it is right, please anyone can help? Thanks ensure you use compilation=true in your config file. regards, roni---speed up your applications with distributed caching or replicated caching: http://www.sharedcache.com - its free! No everything was right, except one issue: while openin...

Unable to start debugging on the web server. Debugging failed because integrated Windows authentication is not enabled
 Hi all I use Vista home premium (SP1) + VS2005 Professional (SP1 + Update). When I press F5 on VS2005, it shows Unable to start debugging on the web server. Debugging failed because integrated Windows authentication is not enabled I found that Windows Features > IIS7 > Security > there is no "Windows Authentication" click box. But, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937523/en-us this patch is only for VS2005 Team Suite. I cannot install it on VS2005 Professional. Any solution for it? as I found that this bug was started from Last year http://207.46.236....

"Unable to start debugging" error starting a web site in Visual Studio 2005
I have been using .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005. Today I tried to create and run a web site in VIsual Studio 2008. It would not run and gave me the following error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Verify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewall." After changing a few things on that new web site in IIS 6.0 without success, I went back to my old VS 2005 web sites that were running fine. Now, they all give me that error when I try to run them. It seems that .NET 2.0 was corru...

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. The project is not configured to be debugged.
I have checked the webconfig file debug is set to true. I had to reinstall .net 2003 now I am getting this error  There are several common causes for this error message.  Most of them are covered in this KB article, along with a link to how to fix each one:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306172 Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you!...

Error while trying to run project:Unable to start debuging on the web server. The project is not configured to be debuged.
hello friends,I m developing one project upto yesterday it run fines but today when i run the project it shown following error.Error while trying to run project:Unable to start debuging on the web server. The project is not configured to be debuged.Plz help me how to solve this problem.Thanks in advance,Regards,Sandeep Suryawanshi In the web.config file make sure the debug=true attribute is set in the compilation tag. <compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="true"/> HCHaissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Blog | Hello sir,Thanks for reply,When i m adding this line in web.config. Problem ...

Error while trying to run project: unable to start debugging on the web server. the project is not configured to be debugged
I keep getting this error after I made changes to the web.config file. Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong here? I can run the project with Start Without Debugging. What I want to do is restrict access in chksystems directory and allow users in the aspx directory. Thanks in advance. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <configuration> <appSettings> <add key="strConnString" value="server=sqlserver;database=Dev;uid=sa;pwd=data" /> </appSettings> <system.web> ...

Web resources about - Debug console application: Unable to start debugging, the workstation service has not been started - asp.net.free-for-all