DataGridView and OLAP (DataGridView as PivotTable)

Hello, i need some help:

It is possible to implement a pivot table with DataGridView?
I want to connect to a cube of Microsoft Analysis Server and
show the data of the cube..

I could use the web component pivottable but i want make an own layout of the table
and want cusomize it as good as possible.
Or it is possible to change the code of an Microsoft object? (AxMicrosoft.Office.Interop.OWC11.AxPivotTable)

In other words - i want to write an own OLAP Viewer

Thank you for answers
0
Mastroyani

Dear,

I want to use pivot table -from OWC 11- in my Asp.net page but i have facced these:
 i cant add OWC11 controls to tool box in VS 2005 , i have searched and i saw a code using java script

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
onPageLoad:
                if (Request.Browser.ActiveXControls)
                {
                    Response.Write("<OBJECT id='pTable' style='Z-INDEX: 109; LEFT: 8px; WIDTH:" +
                        "502px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 8px; HEIGHT: 217px' height='217' width='502'" +

         "classid='clsid:0002E55A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046'VIEWASTEXT></OBJECT>");

                    //cause the object to load data on the client

                   Response.Write(@"<script>document.all.pTable.ConnectionString =
        'Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=True;Data Source=MyServer;Use

Procedure for Prepare=1;Auto Translate=True;Packet Size=4096;Workstation ID=MyServer;Use Encryption for

Data=False;Tag with column collation when possible=False;Initial Catalog=MyDb'</script>");
                   Response.Write("<script>document.all.pTable.CommandText ='exec myProcedure'</script>");
                }

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
but as you see if user click on view source , he can see connection string - if there is a way to hide Connection string- ,
then i try Microsoft.Office.Interop.Owc11.PivotTableClass (server side )and set all probrties , but how can i add this control

to page i mean i can't use
page.Controls.add(pivotObjct);

Note: on windows application i do add controls to ToolBox and use that control in an easy way.

so please if you know how to add that control please tell me or if you use datagrid view as pivote table. waiting for your response

anas4u88

datagridview
i am using c# windows application.if click on button the datagridview values only invisible in grid.what is the step for that?i nees sample query    This is an ASP.NET forum so you'll probably be better off posting to a Windows Forms forum like this one instead - http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=2&SiteID=1"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."...

datagridview
Hi reader, thanks for reading my problem. i am using data grid view and want to show some data in grid view from database. so i made the code below but it is giving error in this line dataAdapter.SelectCommand = command;   the code is in c# help me......   public SqlConnection connection;//=new SqlConnection(); public SqlCommand command;// = new SqlCommand(); public DataSet dataset;// = new DataSet(); public SqlDataAdapter dataAdapter; string str = "Data Source=raj;Initial Catalog=CCP;User ID=raj;Password=raj1"; ///////////////////////////////////////////   co...

Datagridview
conn.Open();DataSet ds = new DataSet(); MySqlCommand command = new MySqlCommand("Select * from details", conn);MySqlDataAdapter da = new MySqlDataAdapter(command);da.Fill(ds, "details"); command.ExecuteScalar(); GridView1.DataSource = ds; GridView1.DataBind(); conn.Close(); return ds;     this program is showing all the data which is present in the table "details". but i want to view only 5 columns how can i?   Nandu.. To begin with, you can remove the ExecuteScalar statement, as this has no effect at all. The DataAdapter will do ...

How to copy a selection from a DataGridView to another DataGridView?
Hello all I have a DatagridView1, here I can do a multiple selection.  I have a button that must copy (not move) all selected rows into the DataGridView2.  DataGridView2 exists in the same form (empty data). How can I do it?VB or C#Thanks in advanced - henpat--------------  Are you binding your datagridview with some data sorceThanks And RegardsMeetu Choudhary Hello, Is it the DataGridView (Windows Forms) or GridView (ASP.NET) that you talk about?ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips  h...

How to populate a datagridview basaed on the selection of another datagridview
I am trying to populate my second gridview based on the selection that is made in the first gridview.  There are two datatables.  This is what I am trying to accomplish when the user selects a part number that is in the parts-gridview then a second gridview is populated based on the selection of the parts-gridview.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure if this will help you, but here's an example of how to copy data from one GridView to another: ASPX <%@ page language="C#" masterpagefile="~/MasterPages/Default.master" autoe...

How to add a row to one Datagridview from another datagridview
Hi All, I want to add rows to one datagridview from anotherdatagridview.i am jusing visual studio 2005.Now i am doing converting VB project to VB.NET 2005.In VB coding we are using MSFLEXGRID.We want to use datagridview instead of this flexgrid.In VB6 we are using the folowing  code  for  copy from one grid to another.               MSFlexGrid2.Rows = MSFlexGrid2.Rows + 1              MSFlexGrid2.row = MSFlexGrid2.Rows - 2    &...

in datagridview
Hello , my first post here , actually i require some help here. Actually i am uploading picture to a search table , which i am able to do but i need to use datagrid and not tables. Following is my code on button upload : string SqlStr; if (this.FileUpload.Enabled == true) { if (this.FileUpload.PostedFile.FileName == "") { this.Label16.Text = "Select a file to upload"; this.FileUpload.Focus(); return; and for insertion in the database : string filepath = Server.MapPath...

DataGridView and Database
Hello,            I have a datagridview and user is allowed to add rows. Changes made is to be reflected in the database. This is the datagrid andColumn name, Valuetype, allow nullsColumn name, valuetype, allow nullsColumn name, Valuetype, allow nullsColumn name, valuetype, allow nulls Here the column name should be inserted into the database as a column name. the value type is the value feild to the database. So if a save button is clicked databse should be created / updataed for the same. Also if column is to be added dynamically ...

Updation of datagridview in vb.net
Hi to allnow i would like to update the database through datagridview  in VB.NET...can anyone help me regarding this issue..........  Thanks to all ......  Hi:   You can read this tutorial first: VB GridView Updating http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/data/gridview.aspx   RegardsSincerely,Allen ChenMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. can any one help me out how to update records in DataGridView without using Data provider compone...

Working with DataGridView in vb.net
Hi all, I would like to use a datagridview control in my application which should be allowed to insert, edit and delete the contents. I will use combobox and textboxes for the processes. Anybody can help me? and send me the sample code? Thanks in advance. Dhana. Hi dhanashivam , Due to DataGridView control is one WinForm data control. You can post it here : http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=8&SiteID=1  Samu ZhangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if...

on update something in the datagridview, it should be updated in the database and datagridview should be refreshed with the updated data
1. I have a Windows Form app where I am binding a DagridView to a Dataset which was filled from a SQL Server database table. 2. I then have a method to Update the database.3. Problem: My Update method no longer works.  And also I wanted to do insert and delete operations in the datagridview. When I update something in the datagridview, it should be updated in the database and datagridview should be refreshed with the updated data.  I have wasted total day in searching of 'how to insert delete and edit the datagridview and that updates database as well. Please help me. Its a W...

Guide neede for VB.net (DataGridview)
Hi, i am using DataGridView. In design time, i am assigning column name to the DataGridView such as, for Column Name1 = Name, Column Name2 = Age. During runtime i am assigning DataTable to the Datagridview. But, DataTable having the Column Name as  column Name 1= 'Manager' , column Name 2='Current Age'. Now, i want only the value of DataTable to be stored in the DataGridview. ie., DataGridView must copy the value from the DataTable without ColumnNames. Because, DataGridView already holds, the column name.ie., i just want to transfer the Data from the Datat...

problem with datagridview in .net 2005 not visable

how to update the datagridview in vb .net 2005
Hi friends, I have a datagridview. It contains number of rows. Imagine if the user clicks any one of the row and click the update button, then that particular rows (one field i.e status should be changed in the database). Can you please give me the coding for it.  I need it in vb .net 2005. Thanks, venkat..  Use the following sample code. <%@ Page language="VB" %><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><script runat="server"> Sub ...

Web resources about - DataGridView and OLAP (DataGridView as PivotTable) - asp.net.free-for-all

Newest 'entity-framework' Questions - Stack Overflow

Mono 2.0 released, brings C# 3.0 to Linux and Mac OS X
The Mono project, which develops an open-source and cross-platform …

CodePlex - Project Directory
Project hosting for open source software.

Top Ranked Articles

C# Corner - Developers and IT Professionals Community
Community for Developers and IT Professionals

Synchronize Now! - Dr Dobb's
Eric uses Amazon.com's S3 web service and .NET 2.0's FtpWebRequest class to securely synchronize files on multiple machines.

Design Patterns: Architecture of an Autonomous Application
Sign in MSDN subscriptions Get tools http://www.facebook.com/microsoftdeveloper https://twitter.com/msdev http://plus.google.com/111221966647232053570/ ...

Utilities - Software Downloads - PCWorld
Utilities downloads software and reviews .NET DataGridView Columns assembly for .NET 2.0, 3.0, 3.

Tutorials - Switch on the Code
Username: Password: Register - Forgot Password Home Tutorials Forums News & Other Posts Podcast About Us Contact Us Tutorials .NET C# Snippet ...

Q&A
VisualBuilder is a developer and programming site providing Tutorials, Articles, Source Code, Components, Answers, Books for Java, .NET, Web ...