Cool command line prompt command

Last night I rebooted a web server, and after doing so, I couldn't RDP into it. So, in the meanwhile, while I awaited a response from those in power who could go to the data center and physically restart the server, I thought there must be a command line prompt command that I can run from one of the other servers to reboot it. I found a command called shutdown. I ran shutdown /r /f ComputerName and it rebooted the server and then I was able to access it via RDP.

shutdown /r /f ComputerName

/r - Restart
/f - Forced restart

Ryan Olshan
ASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET
http://ryanolshan.com

How to ask a question
0
StrongTypes

VS.NET and C# Compiler from command line "csc.exe" not fould when running from command prompt.
Hi All, I've been attempting to comlpile a custom control from the command line: I have VS.NET 2003 installed along with the .Net Framework 1.1 I've been working on a control project but cannot compile this into a .dll to register as a TagPrefix within an ASP.NET page. When going to the command prompt and typing csc /? it returns the ever popular error "csc" not recognized as an internal process or batch file. Is this a comman error? or a rogue install of VS.NET and/or the .NET Framework. Thanks In Advance, Tony If you open under Visual Studio .net Programs, the Vi...

Command Line commands
Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? I can't find them in the documentation or on the knowledgebase apart from ZENVER. Thanks in advance for any replies. Spamaddress@spam.com, > Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at > the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? > To control what? NAL? - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officiall...

Command line commands
Within a PowerBuilder application, how do I create an association so that all files with no extension are opened with notepad? I am using InsertFile command. I know we can use the command line 'assoc' command but I don't know how to include it in PowerBuilder code. I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 Thanks Mangala You could probably do that with the run function. However, you should be careful because most directories don't have extensions. I don't know what kind of behavior that will cause. Mike ...

How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS
I am developing an extension that processes some command line options. I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this: > ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2 I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time (paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no luck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if invoking of chatzill...

How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS?
I am developing an extension that processes some command line options. I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this: > ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2 I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time (paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no luck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if invoking of chatzill...

TFS Command Line Get Command
Hi Can you pls help me how to pull the latest version or label from the TFS through Command Line. I went through the msdn documentation. I am not able to get a clear picture. I am expecting some command with example where I can pass the server name, Credentials and sourcepath and Destination path. Basically I want to pull the get latest to a local path which  will be specified in the command line utility. Hope so I am clear.  Pls help me.RegardsFinny  You can use tf command line utilityThis utility can be found in C:/ProgramFiles/Microsoft Visual Studio (9 or 8...

How to run DBISQL command from command prompt
Hi, I would like to send some select statement by using dbisql command. In turn by using that command I would like to open the ISQL window by running the SQL what I am sending as argument. When I try to run the DBISQL command it is running in command prompt itself and result set is displaying in the command prompt. Could someone tell me how to open the ISQL window and run the passing statement Any hint will be appreciated Karthik What database? For ASA, you can just launch dbisql with -c {connection info} <sql statement> -- Chris Keating Sybase A...

KDE4 icons and command line commands
I'm running Suse 11.3 with KDE4. I have an icon in my Kickoff Application Launcher for xterm. When I click on the icon, it apparently executes the command /usr/bin/xterm which generates a large window with a large font. I would like to get a smaller window with a smaller font. I know how to do that on a command line but to execute the command I need to _already_ have a window open so I can run the command. So how do I (a) add a new icon to the KDE launcher which generates the command I want or (b) change the existing icon so that it executes MY command and not the basic...

command line commands passed to perl script?
Hi all, Sorry, should have added this to my last email. Does anyone know how to pass values to a perl script through the command line? Do you use param as in CGI scripting/ I want a user to be able to specify certain parameters for the perl script (in case they want to run an overnight scheduler on it). Eg. testscript.pl /? gives you help or testscript /a gives you another capability... Ben __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? New Yahoo! Photos - easier uploading and sharing. http://photos.yahoo.com/ Nameofperlscript command1 command2 command3 Params s...

command-line commands within a Perl script
Hi, I have a directory with several subdirectories, each full of several dozen Word files. For each subdirectory, I need to run the checksum app against all of that directory's files and output a file into that directory with the checksum results. How can I do this? I'm very unfamilar with running command-line commands from within an Perl script. I know to change directories, you can do something like this: $changeDir = "cd ".$startingDir; system($changeDir); but what about retrieving the list of subdirectories from the starting directory? How can I do this? ...

Command line "move" command?
I have a question about possibly setting up a Cron job to move files. First some background. Netware 6.0, Groupwise 6.5. We are using Gwavasig to append a signature to our email messages. Some of our email messages seem to get stuck in the Gwavasig "send" directory, particularly when we send out large numbers of messages (like our monthly client mailout) . However, if we move these files from "send" to "receive" they all go out with no problem. I would like to automate this so that any remaining messages are moved automatically once or twice a day. S...

Execute a Command at command prompt on a remote server
I am working on a remote machine. Is it possible for a web application to execute a command prompt command on a server and get the output for the command prompt from the server to a file or a string in my machine? If so, what command can be used for this? Say suppose I want to execute a COPY *.* from a directory to another directory on the server through my web application and get the output in my machine to a string. Is this possible? First is it possible to execute this command through my web application? My user accoount has full access to the server. Apart from the ...

Thinking in commands, developer tools command line
Joe Walker has been building a great "modern command line" for developer tools. You can see it right now in Nightly by setting devtools.gcli.enable to true in about:config. When you do so, you'll see the Web Console's JavaScript command line change to a tool-oriented command line (which means: designed to be very quick to type). You can still run JavaScript by hitting { (curly brace) This has the potential to be an amazing feature... but it needs commands. I started a wiki page: https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevTools/ThinkingInCommands I'm interested in hearin...

What are command line commands to detach and attach a db
What are the command line commands to detach and attach a database? My copy of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express has stopped working. So I need to detach the database using the commands.Thank youJackxxx Is this what you are looking for: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224071Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! sp_attach_db sp_detach_dbBeware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. (Donald Knuth)...

Web resources about - Cool command line prompt command - asp.net.free-for-all

Command - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Adele eclipses Taylor Swift to take command of the pop world
Adele Adkins is the first person to top the ARIA singles and albums charts in the same week since Swift exactly one year ago.

Mercedes S-Cabrio commands 11 percent premium over coupe
Filed under: Mercedes-Benz , Car Buying , Convertible , Luxury Mercedes released pricing for the new S-Class Cabriolet in Europe, which tells ...

Alabama Probate Judge Faces Conflicting Commands In Same-Sex Marriage Cases
A federal judge refuses to put an order striking down the state's ban on same-sex marriages on hold. Mobile County Probate Judge Don Davis now ...

North American Aerospace Defense Command Tracks Santa’s Flight « CBS New York
The North American Aerospace Defense Command is continuing its tradition of telling youngsters the location of Santa Claus on his annual storybook ...

IDG Contributor Network: Monkeying around on the bash command line in 2016
... quick-witted, optimistic, ambitious, etc. So, let's see what quick-witted, optimistic, ambitious things we can do to monkey around on the command ...

Germany’s Second In Command Denounces Saudi Funding Of Radical Islam Abroad
Germany’s Second In Command Denounces Saudi Funding Of Radical Islam Abroad

Officer who shot 12-year-old Tamir Rice claims he aimed for toy gun, gave verbal commands
... I was focused on the suspect," Loehmann wrote. "Even when he was reaching into his waistband, I didn't fire. I still was yelling the command ...

Disney Channel Commands Biggest Cable Crowd In Total Day For 2015
Disney Channel today boasted it had edged out Nickelodeon as the No. 1 ranked cable TV network in total viewers for total day for 2015. Disney ...

Volvo Updates Its Car Control App With Voice Commands
Volvo owners will be able to turn on the heat, lock the car and other tasks using voice commands through a smartband for the first time.