TRACKING USERS ONLINE

HELLO EVERYONE!

I'M WORKING ON A WEBSITE AND I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO GET A COUNT OF USERS ONLINE(USERS THAT LOGGED IN) AND ALSO DISPLAY THEM.

CAN ANYONE HELP?

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE.

THANKS!

0
mkatakiti
3/28/2008 7:28:04 AM
asp.net.faq 380 articles. 0 followers. Follow

kindly must start a new post for this question

as this will create hustle n bustle in this specific post.

hope u understand

Saima Ghumman
--Mark the post as Answer if the Post helps you--
0
Sam
3/28/2008 7:45:02 AM

Membership.GetNumberOfUsersOnline();

so
lblUsers.Text = Membership.GetNumberOfUsersOnline().ToString();

will display the number of users currently logged in.

0
schuminator

Users Online and Anonymous User Tracking
Hi I want to implement AnonymousUserInfo in our Shopping Cart instead of using session.id. I'm not sure how to get the Anonymous UserId, can anyone help? Thanks Pete. Take a look at the code in Admin/Users/OnlineUsersDB.vb in particular the TrackAnonymousUser methodModules, Skins & Skin Objects @ www.smcculloch.net...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

track users who are online?
hi can anyone tell me,how to track the ipaddress of the users who are online in my website. can anyone give me da code for this and also can anyone explain me the procedure to do this.pavankumar Hi, have a look at this article: http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/041608-1.aspx In the article they track the current online users' "last activity" or on which page they are on. I'm sure you can easily modify it to track the user's IPPlease remember to mark this post as an [Answer] if you found it helpful. pavankumarkavety: ...

TRACKING ACTIVE USERS ONLINE
HELLO EVERYONE, I'M TRYING TO DISPLAY THE NUMBER OF ACTIVE USERS(USERS THAT ARE LOGGED IN) ON MY WEBSITE AND ALSO A POSSIBILITY OF DISPLAYING THEM ALL ON THE PAGE. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED. Well, the key to your requirements is the Application Object. Basically you need to increment a certain variable every time a user is visiting your site and everytime a user leaves. Of course the only way you know for sure is by means of sessions. In your Global.asax file, you have Two events that can help you achieve this. Session_Start and Session_End. You need to increment a ...

Tracking user online sessions
We've recently switched from InProc sessions to StateServer.  Our web application has an admin section built in which shows the number of users currently online. Since switching to StateServer (about 12 hours ago), the sessions aren't being reduced as they timeout.  Please see the below line from our web.config. <sessionState timeout="30" mode="StateServer" cookieless="false" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"/> Any ideas?  Also, does anyone have a tested solution for tracking not only how many users are onlin...

is there a tutorial how to track online user or guest?
Hello I'm currently searching for a tutorial of how to track user online, how many guest and how many members are online at a point of time, but I got no luck. I see this ASP.NET forum display how many visitor are online, it even show the name of every online members, which is great. I wonder how do they do this???.... ... If any one know where I can find this kind of tutorial, please let me know, I"ll appreciate.. Thank in advanceEvery Kiss begins with K. You can download the source code of the Forums. :) Also, Rob Howard explained a pretty good approach which I used on my ...

DNN 2.1.2 - Users online module
Guys i am using Company Name - Users Online module and the problem i have is that it does not show the "People Online" part, all counts are zero.. Do i have to update some code? There is a stored procedure that needs to be changed in v2.1.2 in order to make this work correctly, but I don't have it documented any more.  Suggest deep searching these forums - you might specifically look under the author's (Scott McCulloch) posts here (his forum user name is smcculloch), or maybe the forum on his site at http://www.smcculloch.net  Good luck!Sam TannerEasy Template Skin...

Track Logged in users Online, Requesting a FeedBack
Hello,I created my own method of tracking logged in users on my website and I would like to know your feedback and your inputs.The basic concept is that in each web request for the user (Application_EndRequest event) I'm updating the Last request date/time in a database table where i store the UserID - IPAddress - LastRequestTime.Now, when i wanna view the users online, i do that using a simple SELECT query to select the LastRequestTime between the current time and before 5 min.Please let me know your inputs about that and if there is another better solution. Thanks in advance  ...

Perl 6 User FAQ (perl.perl6.users) -- Version: 2006-05-17 b (s/user/users/)
===== Perl 6 Users FAQ (perl.perl6.users) ====== Version: 2006-05-17 b (s/user/users/) TABLE OF CONTENTS * About perl.perl6.users (and this FAQ) * About Perl 6 # True marketing hype, in both senses. :-) * General Perl 6 status # On the move! Picking up speed! * Latest Perl 6 developments * Perl 6 info and docs # For the few that will RTFM first. :-) * Where to get Perl 6 # <----- "I want it now!!" <----- * Useful Perl 6 modules * Perl 6 features in the latest Perl 5 * Perl 5 modules implementing Perl 6 features * Incremental m...

AT& T, Verizon to Refrain From Tracking Users Online
"AT&T and Verizon, two of the nation's leading Internet service providers, pledged yesterday to refrain from tracking customer Web behavior unless they receive explicit permission to do so. The announcement, made at a Senate committee hearing, represents a challenge to the rest of the Web world, where advertising is commonly delivered by companies that record a consumer's visits across multiple Web sites. The practice, known as "behavioral targeting," is largely invisible to customers and generally done without their consent. "Verizon believes ...

What mechanism is the CSK using to track current online users and location
Just wondering if the CSK is using a Sessions Database. Just looking into how to emulate the Who is Online module and wondering what the actual tracking mechanism being used is.  AngeloA No, CSK doesn't use a sessions table, the community_users table has a LastActivity field but doesn't save the sessions state. But it's a good question, how to emulate the Who is Online mode. Well, my first thought would be to update the users module to the membership/role model of asp.net 2.0 that offers that functionality with a simple method call. Anyway, I have my doubts about the conveni...

OLAP (OnLine Analytical Processing) support free c# dll for web users tracking
hi to all In our application i need to track how many users hit,how long time users are there in website and produces reports based on OLAP. i need free dll for this kind of application. please guide me. give me Url please. by Devan.G...

Users online shows users from differnt portal
Accidentely I fugured out that the Users Onlien module will display the last signed-up user from any portal that is routed through the same installation of dnn. Is this a know bug or a feature?Cheers, PhilippDesktopmodules@Portalfabrik  ::  DotNetNuke Hosting@Portalfabrik Are you meaning for sub-portals and such? -Tony Valenti-Tony ValentiPowerDNN Hosting is the bestEliminate DNN Startup Lag Yep subportal b will see any new user from subportal a in the users online module in subportal bCheers, PhilippDesktopmodules@Portalfabrik  ::  DotNetNuke Hosting@Portalfabrik bumpedCheers, P...

How to List out Current Log on Users
Dear All,              I want the efficent way to display Current Log on Users - Users in online.  If u store session of all user in database then u can easily get the online user by checking the session state stored in database.  Add the Login info in the database . Check this info regularly after some time interval and show on the page Thanks & Regards Sandeep If you want something you never had, do something you have never done! Try storing the online persons count in the Application State Aminhttp://3...

Web resources about - TRACKING USERS ONLINE - asp.net.faq

Tracking ship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Missile Range Instrumentation Ships , Range Ships , or Tracking Ships , are ships equipped with antennas and electronics to support the launching ...

Facebook Urges Dismissal Of $15B Internet Tracking Lawsuit
Facebook is seeking the dismissal of a $15 billion lawsuit that accuses it of secretly tracking its users’ Internet activity after they leave ...

Outrage sparked by Daily Telegraph use of employee-tracking devices
Britain's Daily Telegraph newspaper has quickly removed tracking devices from journalists' desks after a backlash from unions and staff.

iHome unveils new SmartPlug model w/ power consumption tracking, remote control support
... , Bluetooth , and iHome continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "iHome unveils new SmartPlug model w/ power consumption tracking, ...

Movesum step-tracking app connects how you move with what you eat
... SeeSo will tickle your funny bone . Movesum Lifesum - Healthier living, better eating, more movement Pedometer++ Moves Movesum step-tracking ...

Media-tracking app spies on opt-in users to learn how much Netflix we watch
... nature of online video streaming. According to a Variety report , the executive unveiled a boatload of data that it sourced from a media tracking ...

Google Apps Script: Tracking add-on usage with Google Analytics
... for every call to Analytics (both on the client and the server side). Custom Dimensions & Metrics In add-ons, we usually rely on event tracking ...

Uber Reaches Accord With New York Over Tracking Rider Data
Uber Technologies Inc. agreed to take steps to protect its customers’ data after public outcry over a geo-location tracking system referred to ...

German period tracking app Clue has over 2.5 million active users — but it's still not sure how it's ...
... its launch in Berlin, and now has over 2.5 million active users. Even Apple came to her for help with its own software. Clue is a period tracking ...

Some Drivers Don’t Want Insurance Companies Tracking Them, Even If It Means Discounts
... to resolve insurance claims. Another insurer or driver could also try to subpoena that information in a legal matter. Car Insurers Find Tracking ...