ASP.NET 2.0 -

  Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";}

Hi,

I have a one prob.

I have used a downloadFile options on gridview and used ajax control Updatepanel,

When click on downloadFile then display ajax problem

Used asp.net 2.0,C#

kunal

0
kunal
4/13/2009 10:34:41 AM
asp.net.faq 380 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi kunal,

Controls that Are Not Compatible with UpdatePanel Controls

The following ASP.NET controls are not compatible with partial-page updates, and are therefore not supported inside an UpdatePanel control: Controls that are incompatible with partial-page rendering can still be used on a page outside UpdatePanel controls. Additionally, in some cases you can use the controls in a specific way to make them compatible with partial-page updates. For example, you can use the Login, ChangePassword, or PasswordRecovery controls inside an UpdatePanel control if you can convert their contents to templates. (If you are using Visual Studio, in Design view you can convert the controls by using smart-tag menu commands such as Convert to Template or Customize Create User Step.) When you convert these controls into editable templates, the validation controls that are used in the control are defined declaratively by using markup in the page. To make the validators compatible with an UpdatePanel control, set the EnableClientScript property of the validators to false. This disables the client script that would ordinarily be used to perform validation in the browser. As a result, during an asynchronous postback, the validators perform validation on the server. However, because only the content of the UpdatePanel is refreshed, the validators can provide the kind of immediate feedback that is ordinarily provided by client script.To use a FileUpload control inside an UpdatePanel control, set the postback control that submits the file to be a PostBackTrigger control for the panel.All other controls work inside UpdatePanel controls. However, in some circumstances, a control might not work as expected inside an UpdatePanel control. These circumstances include the following:
  • Registering script by calling registration methods of the ClientScriptManager control.
  • Rendering script or markup directly during control rendering, such as by calling the Write(String) method.

If the control calls script registration methods of the ClientScriptManager control, you could use corresponding script registration methods of the ScriptManager control instead. In that case, the control can work inside an UpdatePanel control.

The related tutorial: http://www.asp.net/AJAX/Documentation/Live/overview/UpdatePanelOverview.aspx

Best regards,

Zhi-Qiang Ni

Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as
Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
0
Zhi

Access .Net 2.0 Application from .Net 2.0 Web Site
I need to populate a specific form in a .Net desktop application from a .net web application.  Is there an easy way to go about this? Hi, Based on my understanding, you want to start an executable application from your ASP.NET websit, right? We can invoke Process.Start method (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx) to launch an executable application from ASP.NET application. Note: Please keep in mind, the ASP.NET application is running on the server, so it will start the executable application that exists in the server.   I look...

Clickonce deployment anyone (DW.NET 2.0 and .NET 2.0)?
I saw someone had posted a question about this already, and there were no responses. So I am hoping that this will get some. We had problems with the previous version of DW.NET 1.5 + VS2003 when attempting to deploy applications via a web server. So many problems that we eventually decided to run off a network drive (which is OK if your user base doesn't roam around the country). Anyway, we gave up on DW.NET, and started to use the datagrid control. Since then, much has changed. Our development team now has VS2005 professional and may start using DW.NET 2.0 (pending my inv...

.NET 3.0 or .NET 2.0?
I'm going to move my exiting software to .net soon. I'm just wondering if I should wait for the .NET 3.0 framework to be released or if I can start with the 2.0 now? I'd say you can go ahead and move your code to .Net 2.0 as .Net 3.0 uses the CLR version 2.0.Basically, .net 3.0 is .net 2.0 PLUS some new features for presentation (GUI), communication and workflow process.  So the compiler as well as the language features used by the 2.0 runtime will be the same in 2.0 and 3.0"Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experienc...

.NET 2.0 Data Connection (.NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider)
I have installed the .NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider, in the server explorer in Visual Studio 2005 I have tried to connect to this provider but I can not see it in the list. Is there something else you need to do to see this other than what is in the instructions or is this not supported yet? Hi Dean, I assume you mean ASE ADO.NET 2.0 Beta. I'm attaching the html readme for this product that you should have from downloading it. Are you talking about using Server Explorer to see the Provider? This functionality isn't working yet and should be available on GA or shortly ...

web.config problems when upgrading from .NET 2.0 Beta to .NET 2.0 release version
We uninstalled .NET 2.0 Beta and replaced it with .NET 2.0 release version.  And it messed everything up.  All applications now give weird errors indicating the lack of web.config files, despite the fact that they already have web.config files in place.  For example, the following error occurs even though the web.config file has <customErrors="Off">: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Will AJAX Extensions 1.0 (for .NET 2.0) be affected by .NET 3.0?
Hello all,I have a web server that has a couple of site running using .NET 2.0 with the AJAX Extensions 1.0 (but not the ControlKit) and I need to install another Web App site that uses .NET 3.0. I need to know if installing .NET 3.0 will affect the sites that currently use 2.0 and the AJAX Extensions 1.0 as these sites are live and any down time would get me in the @~!£$.If there are issues, are there any work arounds? Many Thanks in advance  The .net Framework 3.0 and 3.5 add features to the .net framework 2.0 so installing the additional framework should not cause any pro...

.NET 2.0 and .NET 3.0 Running parallel
Are there any known issues for both of the frameworks running in parallel on same machine Also searched on the web but would like to know complete reference, before I dirty my hands on the 3.0.Any help is appreciated.regardsRaheel Hussain--------------------------------Blog: http://www.dnfug.com/web/blogs/raheel/URL: http://www.raheelhussain.com/--------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. The 2.0 and 3.0 frameworks don't run separately, they run together.  Think of .NET 3.0 as an extension of 2.0, ...

Custom Paging .Net 2.0 to .Net 3.0
 I have a web app written in VS 2005 that uses griviews with custom paging and sorting done as follows. <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="rec_id" BorderColor="White" BackColor="White" BorderStyle="Ridge" BorderWidth="2px" CellPadding="3" CellSpacing="1" GridLines="None" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True" PageSize="20" OnSorting="Gvemp_sort&q...

How can i upgrade my project from .net 2.0 to .net 3.0
I have been developing my project in .net 2.0 and and its already deployed for testing. Its not yet in use but its already deployed for testing purposes. Then i realised that i already have .net 3.0 installed both on my developement computer and on our production sever posiibly through these microsoft updates because i did not install .net 3.0 manually, i just found them in the installed programs. So how can i configure this project and all the applications that i will develop in future to use .net 3.0 instead of 2.0 that iam currently using. Basically what i want to do is move my applicati...

.NET v1.1 SP1 and .NET 2.0 beta 2
Hi all I want to install VWD and .NET 2.0 beta 2 on the same machine that I am using Delphi.NET and .NET v1.1 SP1. I am considering jumping from Delphi to C# and this is an ideal way to do it. I do however have too many web applications on the v1.1 framework that are published on servers that do not support 2.0 as yet. Can these 2 versions of the framework co-exist so I can carry on in Delphi with existing sites but start new ones in VWD? I did take the chance on one of my machines and both VWD and Delphi seem to compile their respective web apps okay. I have not tested deplo...

Web resources about - ASP.NET 2.0 - - asp.net.faq

ASP - Wikipedia
ASP may refer to: Electronics Analog signal processing, processing electronic signals that represent continuous variables by use of analog circuitry ...

ASP World Tour (@ASP) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here ASP World Tour @ ASP Planet ...

Easy Background Tasks in ASP.NET
As I work on the badge implementation for Stack Overflow, I needed a way to call the code that detects and awards the badges out of band. Traditionally ...

ASP.NET MVC Part 2 by .NET Girl - YouTube
This video continues our series about MVC (Model View Controller) which is the latest popular web programming technology for .NET developers. ...

高性价大变焦头 腾龙18-200mm亚马逊促销_腾龙 AF18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 XR DiII LD Asp[IF] MACRO(A14)索尼卡口_数码影像报价-中关村在线
腾龙AF18-200mmf/3.5-6.3XRDiIILDAsp[IF]MACRO(A14)索尼卡口是大变焦比镜头开发的先锋企业-日本腾龙公司针对索尼数码微单相机系列E卡口而开发研制的新产品。为配合E卡口相机所搭载的对比度检测AF方式,镜头AF驱。

Legacy iPhones Biting Apple in the ASP
... the option of purchasing past-generation and lower-capacity devices, Apple is gradually compressing the iPhone’s average selling price (ASP). ...

Apple's capacious iPhone 6 models to drive higher sustained ASPs, analyst says
Based on unlocked iPhone price checks, Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster believes Apple's latest handsets will see higher sustained ASPs thanks ...

Microsoft takes ASP.NET MVC into the open with community patches and bug-fixes
Scott Guthrie, Vice President in Microsoft's Developer Division, has announced that ASP.NET MVC and related Microsoft projects will now be developed ...

iPhone 4 ASP is $600
As a footnote to the unlocked iPhone 4 story, it's worth noting that the average Apple store pricing for UK and France is around $824 (assuming ...

STX FYQ1, Q2 View Disappoint: ASPs at Risk, Says JP Morgan
Analysts are starting to crank out their responses to disk drive maker Seagate Technology‘s (STX) fiscal Q1 report this morning, which missed ...