Edit control is not loaded in edit mode

I have a problem that the dynamic data field edit control (such as TEXT_edit.ascx) is not loaded when in edit mode. Instead, the normal view control is loaded (such as Text.ascx). In debug I can determina the page mode is truly edit mode. Please help!

0
qiuyl
9/2/2008 7:58:49 PM
asp.net.dynamic-data 1365 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Could you provide some more context: is this in a custom page with a custom column set or one of the default scaffold pages? Are you using a UIHintAttribute?

Make sure the names of the display and edit versions match.

Marcin Dobosz
SDE, ASP.NET Team, Microsoft
Read my blog
0
marcind
9/2/2008 9:33:01 PM

This is just a thought are you using Views rather than the actual tables in your model as this would cause this issue.

Hope this helps Big Smile

Steve Big Smile

Seeking the elegant solution.
[Oh! If olny I colud tpye!]
c# Bits blog
Oh, and don't forget to mark as answer any posts that help you Big Smile
0
sjnaughton
9/2/2008 11:12:28 PM

It is a custom dynamic field control in the default scaffold page. I used UIHint attribute. I am not sure what are the difference of the version of display and edit. I created them in the same project and I clean the compile and rebuild it and I hope it is the same version.

0
qiuyl
9/4/2008 1:58:07 AM

 No it is not from view. I use the actual table.

sjnaughton:

This is just a thought are you using Views rather than the actual tables in your model as this would cause this issue.

Hope this helps Big Smile

0
qiuyl
9/4/2008 1:59:26 AM

qiuyl:

It is a custom dynamic field control in the default scaffold page. I used UIHint attribute. I am not sure what are the difference of the version of display and edit. I created them in the same project and I clean the compile and rebuild it and I hope it is the same version.

What is the markup you used in your page and what kind of field templates do you have in your DynamicData\FieldTemplates folder?

Marcin Dobosz
SDE, ASP.NET Team, Microsoft
Read my blog
0
marcind

Getting data from controls in Edit mode, I'm confused about control access
I have datagrid with a few BoundColumns, and one TemplateColumn.In edit mode, while trying to save the new record (clicking on "Save")I want to get the new values, I figure out that for BoundColumn I need to get it by : ((TextBox)e.Item.Cells[0].Controls[0]).Text And for TemplateColum I need to do : (TextBox)e.Item.Cells[5].Controls[1]).Text Means, for boundcolumn I'm accessing the first control,and for templatecolumn, the second one.   am I right ? If so, why is that ?   Thanks !...

Multistep Insert/Edit for Dynamic Data Controls [Wizard or Tab Control functionality]
Hi, Do DDCs have support for multistep insert/edit of table/view data? By this I mean a kind of wizard or tab control functionality.   Thanks  AhmadUK Hi Ahmad- Currently the Dynamic Data Controls don't support a wizard or tab interface for table data manipulation.  Dynamic Data Controls currently support GridViews for delete and edit, and DetailsView for delete, edit and insert.  This is an interesting feature though and one we will consider for the future.  Thanks for your suggestion.Polita PaulusThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no war...

Cannot editing data in a data Control
I use VWD 2005 Express edition. I try to use a data control to insert and update data. I did the following steps: 1.In the Toolbox, from the Data group, drag a GridView control onto the page. 2. Right-click the GridView control, click Show Smart Tag, and then on the GridView Tasks menu, in the Choose Data Source box, click SqlDataSource1. 3. On the GridView Tasks menu, click Configure Data Source. 4. Click Next to advance to the Configure the Select Statement page of the wizard. 5. On the Configure the Select Statement page, click Advanced, try to select the Generate INSERT, U...

edit textbox for multiline data/word wrapping in edit mode
I have a textbox, that the data is long,so I want to wrap and allow for multi line mode. in this example, the data does not get displayed, when I remove the multiline textmode,the data is displayed. this is an editable datagrid. any suggestion on what I can do to get this to work. I have this set in the data grid properties: ItemStyle-Wrap=true EditItemStyle-Wrap=True actual column to be displayed: <asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText="Title Description"> <ItemTemplate> <asp:TextBox id="txttitledesc" cs...

Edit but no edit

To edit or no to edit
Jon, Can I edit, whatever I've written so far, so that it doesn't look like I wrote utterly crap?-) -- Pieter "Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates, Apache in house." -- Usenet signature Pieter Zijlstra wrote: > Jon, > > Can I edit, whatever I've written so far, so that it doesn't look like > I wrote utterly crap?-) Oh boy, the edit button vanished from the web-forum ... ;-) -- Pieter "Humor is also a way of saying something serious." -- T. S. Eliot (1888 - 1965) Pieter Zijlstra wrote: ...

Any trick to edit any colmun in a TListview control report mode? [Edit]
I mean every subitems from the list (report mode), not just the caption, editing done within the list itself. Or any third-party TListView derived from Delphi TListView that do allow it (not TVirtualStringTree). Thanks. <richard poulin> wrote in message news:104692@forums.codegear.com... > I mean every subitems from the list (report mode), not just the caption, > editing done within the list itself. How to use the Build-in Editor of TListView to Edit SubItems http://cc.embarcadero.com/Item/23873 -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) > {quote:title=Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:...

Editable/Not Editable
Hello All, I have some webform(.aspx page) in which i have some controls (for input) and i would like to make that screen editable/not editable based on some condition. how can i do that.  the whole intent is user can read the information but can't change.  shiva kumar If you want to make the controls editable/non-editable, you can set their ReadOnly property to true or false accordingly. What exactly do you imply by making the screen editable/non-editable?Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! i mean to say i would like to show the current values but user should not mod...

Cannot editing data in a data Control
I use VWD 2005 Express edition. I try to use a data control to insert and update data. I did the following steps: 1.In the Toolbox, from the Data group, drag a GridView control onto the page. 2. Right-click the GridView control, click Show Smart Tag, and then on the GridView Tasks menu, in the Choose Data Source box, click SqlDataSource1. 3. On the GridView Tasks menu, click Configure Data Source. 4. Click Next to advance to the Configure the Select Statement page of the wizard. 5. On the Configure the Select Statement page, click Advanced, try to select the Generate INSERT, UPDAT...

GridView control enters edit mode only when I click Edit link twice
Hi all..I have a GridView control in an ASP.NET 2.0 page. I added a column that contains edit, update, cancel buttons. Because I did that, I had to handle RowEditing event or an exception was thrown.Well... this is the body of the RowEditing event:protected void gvParametros_RowEditing(object sender, GridViewEditEventArgs e){      gvParametros.EditIndex = e.NewEditIndex;}The fact is that when page is loaded and I click the edit link, page is refreshed but GridView doesn't enter edit mode. When I press edit link again, GridView enters edit mode.Any help to solve this behavior w...

how do I write data to a formview control in Edit Mode?
In my database I have a text field that displays a comma separated string of departments. I want the formview, when in edit or insert mode, to show a checkboxlist control for each department. If a user clicks on checkbox items 1 and 2, then I should be able to create a string in my code "item1, item2" and then somehow write that string back to the bound field in the database. I have NO IDEA HOW TO DO THIS AND IM GOING NUTS!!!!!! I haven't been able to find much help online and I have posted alread to this forum...  Can someone please help me figure out how I can accom...

Gridview Edit go to new page and enter Edit mode on a formview control.
Okay, so far I have the edit button go to a page called update.aspx. And have the ID selected. However, I don't want it to be in selected view, I want it to go to the update.aspx page in edit mode not selected mode. Is this possible? You can add one hyperlink and set its path to update.aspx?Id=(selectedId)on update.aspx read Id's value from querystring and do updation - Hardik (Software Developer,Surat,India)Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you. You lost me at the "do updation part" so far I have a the EDIT link go to ...

Problem with editing in my project: When i have a lot of data the editing rows mode go wrong.Why?
I'm a new bie so my programming mode should be stupid for other programmers, but this is very important for me. Here my problem.. When I have a datagrid with 2 - 3 records, all my functions goes ok, but if I have a lot of records (20000 for example), and a lot of pages, the row edit mode don't UPDATE the DB with the Text.box.Text value.Is it a limit.Do u have experience with it? THIS IS IMPORTANT 4 ME ..Thanks fot your opinion... Here my code... -------------------- <%@ Page Language="VB" Debug="True" %> <%@ import Namespace="System....

I need to create an edit type control for editing about 800 characters of data. How do I set this up?
 I need to create a web application. The web application will have a web form. On the web form, there will be a large text box type control that will allow people to enter in about 800 characters of text into the text box. Once the text has been entered, the application user will press a "Save" button, and the text that was entered will be written to a database table. Subsequently when the application user opens the application, the web form will be populated with the data that was initially entered, and the user will be allowed to enter in or edit the data before saving it ag...

Web resources about - Edit control is not loaded in edit mode - asp.net.dynamic-data

WA bushfires: Firefighters work through the night to control several blazes
Firefighters in Western Australia are working through the night to control and contain several blazes.

Alaska Marijuana Control Board votes to allow consumption in retail outlets - Alaska Dispatch News
The Alaska Marijuana Control Board voted Friday to allow consumption of marijuana products in retail stores across the state. But social clubs, ...

69 percent of users would bypass security controls to win a big deal
When faced with the chance of clinching a major deal people are willing to throw security controls out of the window. This is according to research ...

MAZEL TOV, HILLARY: Clinton Wins Gun Control Award From Major Anti-Bill of Rights Group
... restrictions on the freedoms protected by the Constitution is not a sign of character, but a clear indication of blind adherence to a gun control ...

Obama to Veto Bill Requiring Background Checks On Syrian Refugees; France Demands Tighter Controls, EU ...
... does not call for ending the refugee program or require religious screenings, as some Republicans have demanded . France Demands Tighter Controls, ...

Lawyer: Jamar Clark had control of police officer's gun
Lawyer for a Minneapolis police officer involved in fatal shooting of Jamar Clark said Clark had control of a cop's gun during a scuffle in which ...

Brussels Pushes Gun Control In Wake of Paris Attacks
Europeans double down on gun control after terrorists murder defenseless civilians

Control Your HTPC With Scavenged IR Parts
If you’ve built yourself a home theater PC, one of your highest priorities is probably coming up with a convenient control solution. The easiest ...