Edit control is not loaded in edit mode

I have a problem that the dynamic data field edit control (such as TEXT_edit.ascx) is not loaded when in edit mode. Instead, the normal view control is loaded (such as Text.ascx). In debug I can determina the page mode is truly edit mode. Please help!
0
qiuyl
9/2/2008 7:58:49 PM
📁 asp.net.dynamic-data
📃 1365 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 5 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 894 Views

Could you provide some more context: is this in a custom page with a custom column set or one of the default scaffold pages? Are you using a UIHintAttribute?
Make sure the names of the display and edit versions match.

Marcin Dobosz
SDE, ASP.NET Team, Microsoft
Read my blog
0
marcind
9/2/2008 9:33:01 PM

This is just a thought are you using Views rather than the actual tables in your model as this would cause this issue.
Hope this helps Big Smile

Steve

Seeking the elegant solution.
[Oh! If olny I colud tpye!]
c# Bits blog
Oh, and don't forget to mark as answer any posts that help you
0
sjnaughton
9/2/2008 11:12:28 PM

It is a custom dynamic field control in the default scaffold page. I used UIHint attribute. I am not sure what are the difference of the version of display and edit. I created them in the same project and I clean the compile and rebuild it and I hope it is the same version.

0
qiuyl
9/4/2008 1:58:07 AM

 No it is not from view. I use the actual table.
sjnaughton:

This is just a thought are you using Views rather than the actual tables in your model as this would cause this issue.

Hope this helps Big Smile

0
qiuyl
9/4/2008 1:59:26 AM

qiuyl:

It is a custom dynamic field control in the default scaffold page. I used UIHint attribute. I am not sure what are the difference of the version of display and edit. I created them in the same project and I clean the compile and rebuild it and I hope it is the same version.

What is the markup you used in your page and what kind of field templates do you have in your DynamicData\FieldTemplates folder?

Marcin Dobosz
SDE, ASP.NET Team, Microsoft
Read my blog
0