Dynamic Data working against an ADO.NET Data Service

 Is there an example available of Dynamic Data using an ADO.NET Data Service?  I read there are prototypes of this in the works, are they available for review / use?

0
BurnChrome
12/1/2008 4:40:14 PM
asp.net.dynamic-data 1365 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Check out our Dynamic Data Futures for a prototype data source control for consuming ADO.NET Data Services. http://www.codeplex.com/aspnet/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=14475.

Scott Hunter
PM, ASP.NET Team, Microsoft
0
scothu

Dynamic Data over ADO.NET Data Service
I would like to create a dynamic data web site that does not have a database connection to the underlying database, but instead accesses the data through an ADO.NET data service.  Is this possible?  Thanks,Dennis If you look at the Dynamic Data Futures solution on CodePlex, it has an early version of something that does that.  Also, see this thread. thanks,David David,  That's exactly what I was looking for.  However, I am running into a problem when I try to develop my own dynamic data client site.  I created a dynamic data web site, added a referenc...

Dynamic Data with ADO.NET Data Services
Is it currently possible to use Dynamic Data with ADO.NET Data Services? I've had a play with this to see if this would work but I didnt have much luck. I ran the datasvcutil.exe against my service (which is a  ADO.NET Data Services on a LINQ to SQL model) but I ended up with a "The context type 'Entities.NorthwindDataContext' is not supported" message.  It seems to make sense that these technologies would work together...is there something else I am missing? Perhaps this functionality isn't supported yet? Thanks, Craig Hi Cr...

Dynamic Data And Ado.Net Data Service
Hi,I'm wondering if it is possible to mix up Dynamic Data and Ado.Net Data Service.I have found no information on google yet.Thanks for your replies, Hasan Yes you will be able to have a look at the Preview on Codeplext here the new Domain Service will allow this sort of thing see David Ebbo's and Nukhil Kothari's sessions at mix09 Microsoft ASP.NET 4.0 Data Access: Patterns for Success with Web Forms .NET RIA Services - Building Data-Driven Applications with Microsoft Silverlight and Microsoft ASP.NETSteve Seeking the elegant solution.[Oh! If olny I colud tpye!]c# Bits...

Dynamic Data with ADO.NET Data Services #2
I'm using the DynamicData Futures Preview 2 DLL's to create an n-tier Dynamic Data website using ADO.Net Data Services.I'm trying to add Many-to-Many relationship support using David Ebbo's article as a basis, but it would appear that the client-side model generated by DataSvcUtil.exe (Add Service Reference....) doesn't contain enough information to identify Many-to-Many relationships?For example, I have Contacts and Regions joined through a ContactRegion table.  EF models this correctly on the server and DataServices exposes it correctly - With a Contact having a Re...

Can I use ADO.NET Data Services with Dynamic Data Websites?
I would like to use Dynamic Data Websites with the proxy class generated from WebDataGen.exe.  Is this possible?  Also, does the SchemaCreator class support the Provider model? In the current CTP, Dynamic Data only supports Linq To Sql models.  In th next release, it will also support Entity Framework models.  However, it won't directly support ADO.NET data services, though we are looking at this scenario for a later release. thanks,David...

Dynamic Data SP1 chokes on Northwind and AdventureWorks using ADO.Net Entity Data Model
Now that SP1 is out, I'm trying out DD with ADO.Net EDM and ScaffoldAllTables=true. I am using Northwind first and AdventureWorks second in two separate websites as my databases. Both render the My Tables page correctly. When you drill down 1 or 2 levels deep, it bombs. Example: Using adventureworks db, click on address table, then click on viewEmployeeAddress in the first row. I get this: A property with name 'Address.AddressID' does not exist in metadata for entity type 'DDAdventureWx.EmployeeAddress'.Is this supposed to work with ADO.Net EDM "right out of the ...

data, data, data
Hello, I need some advice on the best method to keep a database updated in this scenario. I have a local Solomon SQL Server where we keep our inventory. I want to build an application that will be hosted at a remote hosting location which provides a SQL database. I want to build the application to allow clients to access the inventory items and make requests based on the remote SQL data. The order will be sent to our fulfillment department via email; they will fiill the request and ship.  I'm not sure the method to do this while keeping the data current on the remote and the l...

Dynamic Data WebSites Vs Dynamic Data Entities WebSite
Can anyone list some of basic differences between Dynamic Data WebSite and Dynamic Data Entities WebSite? When would you choose one over the other? Dynamic Data WebSites  requires a Linq to SQL data model. Dynamic Data Entities requires an ADO.Net Entity Framework data model.Rick -ASP.Net UE  My DD Blog  DD FAQ...

ODBC and ADO.net for dynamic data on report
I've been using code like this from my page with the crytalreportsviewer in order to make the data dynamiccon.ConnectionString = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("mycon").ConnectionString da.SelectCommand.CommandText = "Select * from tab1" con.Open() da.Fill(ds, "Tab1")ds.WriteXmlSchema("C:\website\...\default.xsd") ds.WriteXml("C:\website\...\default.xml")myReportDocument = New CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument()myReportDocument.Load("C:\WebSite\...\sample.rpt")   myReportDocument.SetData...

.Net 3.5 ADO.Net Data Service & Ajax
 Hello, I was trying to use the example in the following video and I keep getting "Server Method "Categories" failed" error. I have .Net 3.5 SP1 and VS 2008, is there any workable example out there? I also added the Entity Data Model. http://www.asp.net/learn/3.5-SP1/video-239.aspx  I really like the way how you can access data in the database using javascript. Any help on this code? thx Default.aspx     <input id="ButtonQuery" type="button" value="Perform Query" onclick="return ButtonQuery_oncli...

Dynamic Data with ASPNET Data Service-Nullable Fields
 Hi,Firstly if this has been asked before, my apologies, but the forum search feature seems to be on holiday or strike today I have downloaded the  Dynamic Data Futures samples and am looking at the Dynamic Data site using the ASPNET Data Services provider and I have a stupid question/problem:Problem: All fields seem to be being treated as required, even if they are nullable??Example:Open the DD site, navigate to the Suppliers Table, click edit, make no changes, then click update. You get a validation message for each blank field saying that it is required.Checking the schema (edm...

Preview Release of Dynamic Data and Dynamic Data Website Wizard Available
Today we are releasing public updates to Dynamic Data and some new tooling support called the "Dynamic Data Website Wizard". These new releases are available for anyone to download the code gallery site at: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/dynamicdata. Through this new site we will be able to release more frequent updates of these features. We would like to continue to have feedback on these new features via this forum. Here is a direct link to the download: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/dynamicdata/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=853 One of the very cool new features is th...

Missing Dynamic Data Website and Dynamic Data Web Application templates
 I have installed VS 2008 SP1 and .Net 3.5 SP1 but I still don't see the Dynamic Data Website and Dynamic Data Web Application templates when I try to create a new website or web application. Hi, when you choose to add a new project make sure that the targeted framework is indeed 3.5 and that you select the C# or VB.NET root node or in the Web node. Normally they should be in there. When I installed it on one of my laptops I didn't see them either. I didn't check the 3.5 framework and apparently it stood on 3.0 causing me to go like  until I found it. ...

System.Data, Is ADO.NET is the best way to access data
   Can any one give me simple example on how to open a cursor to get data and field names and types. Is this the best way?  The System.Data namespace provides access to classes that represent the ADO.NET architecture. ADO.NET lets you build components that efficiently manage data from multiple data sources.  Is this a good example.  Is this efficient?  How do I also print the field names?  Please help DataSet GetData(String queryString) { // Retrieve the connection string stored in the Web.config file. String connectionString = ConfigurationManager...

Web resources about - Dynamic Data working against an ADO.NET Data Service - asp.net.dynamic-data

Dynamics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Brownian dynamics , the occurrence of Langevin dynamics in the motion of particles in solution (e.g. a grain in water, as was first seen by Brown); ...

Datacenter Dynamics
Datacenterdynamics for data center information, conferences, news, videos, whitepapers and reports globally

Dynamic Chiropractic - chiropractic, news, articles, research & information for chiropractors - Find ...
Dynamic Chiropractic - chiropractic, news, articles, research & information for chiropractors - Find a Chiropractor

Paul Melville: a dynamic talent taken before his time
What might have become of a popular young cricketer with the world at his feet?

Walmart's Everyday Low Prices Face Amazon's Dynamic Price Push
... low prices" strategy is becoming an everyday price-adjustment strategy. In what seems to be a direct response to Amazon's sophisticated dynamic ...

Mea Culpa: Confidence Proceedings Edition: I Really Do Think Dynamic Scoring Is a Bad Idea
... *Brad DeLong noted that when he was a Treasury political appointee, one of the Treasury career staff economists lectured me him about dynamic ...

dynamic billboards to up your photo game
NYC is one of the most photographed places in the world, especially this time of year. And while Instagram has made every one of us feel like ...

SNL perfectly captured the dynamics of the Republican presidential race
The "Saturday Night Live" recap of the latest Republican presidential debate reflected fairly accurately the state of the GOP primary. Beck ...

Yolanda Foster explains her divorce: ‘chronic illness changed our dynamic’
... is extremely challenging, not only for the person that’s sick, but also for the caregiver,” Foster admitted. “It for sure changed the dynamic ...

CES 2016 TV tech: 4K yawns, high dynamic range dawns
... Show in Las Vegas this January, TVs with 4K resolution are old hat. So what's new hat? The next-generation TV technology known as high dynamic ...