Can I use ADO.NET Data Services with Dynamic Data Websites?

I would like to use Dynamic Data Websites with the proxy class generated from WebDataGen.exe.  Is this possible?

 Also, does the SchemaCreator class support the Provider model?

0
ryanhaney
3/9/2008 7:18:34 AM
asp.net.dynamic-data 1365 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In the current CTP, Dynamic Data only supports Linq To Sql models.  In th next release, it will also support Entity Framework models.  However, it won't directly support ADO.NET data services, though we are looking at this scenario for a later release.

thanks,
David

0
davidebb

Dynamic Data over ADO.NET Data Service
I would like to create a dynamic data web site that does not have a database connection to the underlying database, but instead accesses the data through an ADO.NET data service.  Is this possible?  Thanks,Dennis If you look at the Dynamic Data Futures solution on CodePlex, it has an early version of something that does that.  Also, see this thread. thanks,David David,  That's exactly what I was looking for.  However, I am running into a problem when I try to develop my own dynamic data client site.  I created a dynamic data web site, added a referenc...

Dynamic Data with ADO.NET Data Services
Is it currently possible to use Dynamic Data with ADO.NET Data Services? I've had a play with this to see if this would work but I didnt have much luck. I ran the datasvcutil.exe against my service (which is a  ADO.NET Data Services on a LINQ to SQL model) but I ended up with a "The context type 'Entities.NorthwindDataContext' is not supported" message.  It seems to make sense that these technologies would work together...is there something else I am missing? Perhaps this functionality isn't supported yet? Thanks, Craig Hi Cr...

Dynamic Data And Ado.Net Data Service
Hi,I'm wondering if it is possible to mix up Dynamic Data and Ado.Net Data Service.I have found no information on google yet.Thanks for your replies, Hasan Yes you will be able to have a look at the Preview on Codeplext here the new Domain Service will allow this sort of thing see David Ebbo's and Nukhil Kothari's sessions at mix09 Microsoft ASP.NET 4.0 Data Access: Patterns for Success with Web Forms .NET RIA Services - Building Data-Driven Applications with Microsoft Silverlight and Microsoft ASP.NETSteve Seeking the elegant solution.[Oh! If olny I colud tpye!]c# Bits...

Dynamic Data working against an ADO.NET Data Service
 Is there an example available of Dynamic Data using an ADO.NET Data Service?  I read there are prototypes of this in the works, are they available for review / use?  Check out our Dynamic Data Futures for a prototype data source control for consuming ADO.NET Data Services. http://www.codeplex.com/aspnet/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=14475.Scott HunterPM, ASP.NET Team, Microsoft...

Dynamic Data with ADO.NET Data Services #2
I'm using the DynamicData Futures Preview 2 DLL's to create an n-tier Dynamic Data website using ADO.Net Data Services.I'm trying to add Many-to-Many relationship support using David Ebbo's article as a basis, but it would appear that the client-side model generated by DataSvcUtil.exe (Add Service Reference....) doesn't contain enough information to identify Many-to-Many relationships?For example, I have Contacts and Regions joined through a ContactRegion table.  EF models this correctly on the server and DataServices exposes it correctly - With a Contact having a Re...

Dynamic Data SP1 chokes on Northwind and AdventureWorks using ADO.Net Entity Data Model
Now that SP1 is out, I'm trying out DD with ADO.Net EDM and ScaffoldAllTables=true. I am using Northwind first and AdventureWorks second in two separate websites as my databases. Both render the My Tables page correctly. When you drill down 1 or 2 levels deep, it bombs. Example: Using adventureworks db, click on address table, then click on viewEmployeeAddress in the first row. I get this: A property with name 'Address.AddressID' does not exist in metadata for entity type 'DDAdventureWx.EmployeeAddress'.Is this supposed to work with ADO.Net EDM "right out of the ...

Dynamic Data WebSites Vs Dynamic Data Entities WebSite
Can anyone list some of basic differences between Dynamic Data WebSite and Dynamic Data Entities WebSite? When would you choose one over the other? Dynamic Data WebSites  requires a Linq to SQL data model. Dynamic Data Entities requires an ADO.Net Entity Framework data model.Rick -ASP.Net UE  My DD Blog  DD FAQ...

How I modify the Defualt Url in DYnamic Data? Can I use Dynamic Data in a SUB FOLDER? Help
I am using Dynamic Data to manage the ADMIN section of my EXISISTING website.   So the site structure is: Root..... Pages.aspx, Default.aspx, more pages\Admin Folder.... Deafult.aspx, more pagea. Here is the Problem, when I visit the Defualt.aspx in Admin folder (WHICH I HAVE REPLACED with Dynamic Data pages) it loads the Deafult.aspx in the ROOT folder.I want to be able to set the Page that loads when the Dynamic Data sample is used. That is, I want to be able change the STARTING PAGE of a DYNAMIC DATA website. For example, say I have a Page in my Admin Folder named, Welcome.aspx...

data, data, data
Hello, I need some advice on the best method to keep a database updated in this scenario. I have a local Solomon SQL Server where we keep our inventory. I want to build an application that will be hosted at a remote hosting location which provides a SQL database. I want to build the application to allow clients to access the inventory items and make requests based on the remote SQL data. The order will be sent to our fulfillment department via email; they will fiill the request and ship.  I'm not sure the method to do this while keeping the data current on the remote and the l...

Preview Release of Dynamic Data and Dynamic Data Website Wizard Available
Today we are releasing public updates to Dynamic Data and some new tooling support called the "Dynamic Data Website Wizard". These new releases are available for anyone to download the code gallery site at: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/dynamicdata. Through this new site we will be able to release more frequent updates of these features. We would like to continue to have feedback on these new features via this forum. Here is a direct link to the download: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/dynamicdata/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=853 One of the very cool new features is th...

Missing Dynamic Data Website and Dynamic Data Web Application templates
 I have installed VS 2008 SP1 and .Net 3.5 SP1 but I still don't see the Dynamic Data Website and Dynamic Data Web Application templates when I try to create a new website or web application. Hi, when you choose to add a new project make sure that the targeted framework is indeed 3.5 and that you select the C# or VB.NET root node or in the Web node. Normally they should be in there. When I installed it on one of my laptops I didn't see them either. I didn't check the 3.5 framework and apparently it stood on 3.0 causing me to go like  until I found it. ...

Adding ColumnOrder in my Metadata from Dynamic Data Futures to my existing Dynamic Data website
Hi,I currently have a dynamic data website (I did not use the dynamic data wizard) and would like to order my columns in my metadata file that I created.  When I put [ColumnOrder(x)] above one of my fields ie. public object Product { get; set; }  I get these errors: The type or namespace name 'ColumnOrder' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)  and  The type or namespace name 'ColumnOrderAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)  The  ...

ODBC and ADO.net for dynamic data on report
I've been using code like this from my page with the crytalreportsviewer in order to make the data dynamiccon.ConnectionString = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("mycon").ConnectionString da.SelectCommand.CommandText = "Select * from tab1" con.Open() da.Fill(ds, "Tab1")ds.WriteXmlSchema("C:\website\...\default.xsd") ds.WriteXml("C:\website\...\default.xml")myReportDocument = New CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument()myReportDocument.Load("C:\WebSite\...\sample.rpt")   myReportDocument.SetData...

Web resources about - Can I use ADO.NET Data Services with Dynamic Data Websites? - asp.net.dynamic-data

Website - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is a set of related web pages typically served from a single web domain . A website is hosted on at least one web server , accessible via a network ...

Motherfucking website
This. ∞ Read this on The Loop

The phony mask of company websites
Blogs from reporters and editors from Automotive News.

Hillary Clinton called for "resolve" in "depriving jihadists of virtual territory... websites, social ...
But : As soon as Twitter suspends one account, a new one is created.... [And] of the top five encryption apps recommended by the Islamic State, ...

This useful website shows you which of your Facebook friends like Donald Trump
FriendsWhoLikeTrump.com is a website that exists for one reason: to show you which of your friends on Facebook have "liked" Republican frontrunner ...

Feds probe whether San Bernardino attack's explosives are linked to al-Qaida website, source says
Investigators are trying to determine whether explosives left at the scene of the mass shooting in San Bernardino on Wednesday that left 14 dead ...

San Bernardino Terrorist’s Politics Were ‘Very Liberal,’ According To His Dating Website Profile
Farook described himself as "somewhat cautious," "somewhat reserved," and of "average" sociability, mood and tolerance.

Twitter's website supports all the new emoji
Twitter now supports all the new variations of emoji for Unicode 8 (the version found in iOS 9.1) on Twitter.com. So if you're tired of giving ...

Content Theft Websites Delivering More Than Just Content
New research shows a thriving $70 million a year market for malware delivery on content theft Websites.

100 Best Websites For Entrepreneurs
Think you’re prepared to start up, staff up or scale up? These 100 websites can help guide you with some valuable insight in your entrepreneurial ...