work with fonts

Hi,

I'm using gdi to write on a bitmap.
I have found how to write in bold, in italic
But how do you create a font with bold & italic ?

Font Mafont = new Font(FontChoisie, SizeChoisie, FontStyle.Bold);
0
kristouf
2/1/2004 10:58:07 AM
asp.net.drawinggdi 1803 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Well Fonts go by Bitwise operation. For info on it see

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemdrawingfontstyleclasstopic.asp
So if you want both, then your statement would be
Font Mafont = new Font(FontChoisie, SizeChoisie, FontStyle.Bold|FontStyle.Underline);
Hope it helps!

Sreedhar
http://www.w3coder.org
weblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti
0
sreedhark

Type.GetType does not work in VB.NET but works in C#. VB.NET gurus Please help
Friends,   I am an experienced C# programmer who is working on a VB.NET project now. I am writing different methods covering the following functionalities 1) Take a datareader as input and return an arraylist of class object2) Take an xmlnode (received from a webservice) as input and return an arraylist of class object. The methods are generic methods which take datareader/xmlnode as first parameter and classname (string) as the second parameter. This way it will work trivially. The schema of class object matches with the input (datareader or xmlnode)In C# I used to do th...

font!font!font!
Name: robbie Product: Firefox Summary: font!font!font! Comments: Firefox font is bad !Very bad! The only reason I don't want to use firefox is font problem . I know how to change the font on firefox but it just not good enough. Internet explorer font is excellent.It also the only thing better than firefox. Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Foxy/1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) ...

Why doesn't OpenType fonts work in .NET?
Why doesn't OpenType fonts work in .NET? I have installed them and they work in Word, in CSS stylesheets but not in .NET?Dim theFont As Font = New Font("MyOpenTypeFont", 20, FontStyle.Regular, GraphicsUnit.Point) ...

Increase Font/Decrease Font Does not Work!
Name: Noga Email: nmondalyatyahoodotcodotuk Product: Minefield Summary: Increase Font/Decrease Font Does not Work! Comments: CTRL++/ CTRL-- does not work. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0 x64; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061007 Minefield/3.0a1 ...

Call to non .net COM not working after .NET
I have developed small samples of ASP.NET and one of them I tried to call a standard COM (non .NET). I took the code out for now, but a call to that COM from traditional ASP application now does not work. Does anyone have an idea how to correct this?...

Help Me C# is working But VB.net Not working
Edited by SomeNewKid. Please post code between <code> and </code> tags. Pls, Help me, It is simple chat programe. My <IFRAME> src is calling the bellow event in C# it is working perfectly. private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { string sDealer=""; string sWrite=""; if ( Session["Channel"] != null ) sDealer = Session["Channel"].ToString(); Response.Write( "<meta http-equiv=\"Refresh\"content=\"4\">" ); sWrite=MyModule.MyChat.GetAl...

Access Net work mapped drive VB.NET
Hi I have a docuemnt mangemnt system coded in VB.NET. The system sometimes needs to get documents from Network mapped drive and shared drives. In development machine everything works fine. But when I moved the code to Test serever, it could not access the mapped drives. I tried all security settings. But still could not. I tried unc path, but it throws In valid user exception. Can anybody help m eto solve this issue. Thank you Jikk Hi Jikk, What login is your app running under? Whichever it is, it has to have permission to access the network, which ASPNET doesn'...

Which version of the .net framework works with VS.NET 2003
Can VS.NET 2003 run any version of the .net framework? I.E. - can this version run 2.0 of .net framework? Hi,VS2003 compiles for .NET Framework 1.1. Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU although vs2003 targets the 1.1 framework, in many cases, applications created with vs2003 will run on both the 1.1 and 2.0 framework.backwards compatibility was an important goal for MS when the 2.0 framework was being created.you would need to thoroughly test to be sure though.http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetdep/html/netfxcompat.asp?frame=true#"docum_topic3"...

Textarea font-family not working in ff3, working in ie
I have put a textbox in my page to show the text in a particular font and size: <TEXTAREA id=legacy_text name=TextToConvert rows=8 cols=80 style="font-family:Kruti Dev 010; font-size:18px;"></TEXTAREA> It is changing the font size to this one compared to the previous one (when this style was not there). However it is not showing the text in the textarea in that font. The same page is working flawlessly in ie6 showing the text in the textarea in that given font. that means that font name is correctly spelled and the font is installed on my xpsp3. W...

Font font = new Font
i am not sure if when i use   Font font = new Font("Free 3 of 9", 16); // Free 3 of 9 is a bar code Font   in my code if the end user does not have that font will it still reder corecly if i use it on a dinamicly generated grephic you know the code will allways work I supose you're trying to create an image with a barcode to print it and then read the barcode. Read this article. If your ASP.NET server has the font installed and you create an Image using that font, the client machine doesn't have to install it. I tried that some time ago, but the barcode...

Working
I have two servers running NW65sp4A (different trees). I initially installed BM3.8 patched to sp4 with VPN services ( Firewall services to follow after I know I have VPN working). My problem is that it appears to be working but its not working. I can open my Windows Explorer (from the SLAVE side network) and reach the MASTER, authenticate and open files. The MASTER NRM VPN monitor shows 1 (one) Active Connections 0 (zero) Packets Received and lots of Packets Sent. The VPN Member List Status shows both servers as �Being Configured�. The Audit Log has two recurring RED entrie...

Does DW.Net 2.5 work with .Net 3.0?
Thanks It will work with .NET 3.0 but it uses .NET 2.0 classes. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase On 12 Sep 2007 10:39:02 -0700, "luiz silva" <luiz.silva@turner.com> wrote: >Thanks > ...

Code works with .Net 1.1 but not .Net 2.0
Can anyone offer any suggestions as to why this code would work under .Net 1.1 and not .Net 2.0? I listed the error I receive below, also. Line 865. Thank you, Public Function GetAge(ByVal Birthdate As System.DateTime, _ Optional ByVal AsOf As System.DateTime = #1/1/1700#) _ As Integer Dim iMonths As Integer Dim iYears As Integer Dim dYears As Decimal Dim lDayOfBirth As Long Dim lAsOf As Long Dim iBirthMonth As Integer Dim iAsOFMonth As Integer If AsOf = "#1/1/1700#" ...

Will DW.Net work with VS.Net 2005 Express ?
Will it work with .Net 2005 Express or do I need the full versions? Somebody asked this question on 1/3/06 and it went unanswered. Thanks, Roland But AFAIk in the beta NG Dave answered it ;) The problem is that during the setup it won't be registered in the IDE, but one can add it by hand, this should do the trick. On 20 Feb 2006 07:31:41 -0800, in sybase.public.datawindow.net Roland Smith <topwiz@adelphia.net> wrote: >Will it work with .Net 2005 Express or do I need the full versions? > >Somebody asked this question on 1/3/06 and it went unanswered. ...

Web resources about - work with fonts - asp.net.drawinggdi

Font - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the traditional meaning of "font". For the electronic data file, see Computer font . For other uses, see Font (disambiguation) ...

Facebook Testing Different Fonts For News Feed
When Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg introduced the social network’s redesigned News Feed last March , he repeatedly referred to ...

Facebook tests different fonts for News Feed
... test discovered by Fast Company shows that designers are doing what they can to make this true. Facebook is toying with using serif fonts on ...

Google Fonts (@googlefonts) on Twitter
Web developers, keep yours eyes on the progress of new web font features with caniuse.com ( caniuse.com/feed.php?

If you're developing web apps, you're nuts if you aren't using Font Awesome. Seriously.
... our work is totally text and structure. Adding a bit of graphics is like adding spice to a sauce. And they're fun! We're lucky because Font ...

What font is best for resumes?
Arial &amp; Times New Roman are typical fonts used in resumes. However, I read a resume writing handbook in which the author claimed that Times ...

Quick Fonts - Add cool style fonts and words to create a pretty photo caption on your pictures on the ...
Get Quick Fonts - Add cool style fonts and words to create a pretty photo caption on your pictures on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Google's brand new logo: consumers, not fonts, the real challenge
Sydney Morning Herald Google's brand new logo: consumers, not fonts, the real challenge Sydney Morning Herald ANALYSIS. Return to video. Video ...

Swiss Font Legend Adrian Frutiger Dies at 87
... typesetting during his long career. Besides his well-known Univers family of sans serif typefaces, Frutiger designed over 50 other fonts like ...

Comic Sans: The Perfect Font For A Subpoena… If You’re As Dumb As This Clerk
Welcome to Montgomery County, Texas the town(s) that fonts forgot.