Just a quick note to say 'thanks'

Cheers guys for adding this forum - I'm convinced it'll be well used once the holiday period is over and people come back to their consoles

quick plug too - my site has a basic GDI article on thumbnailing which I'll be updating soemtime soon - link below fellas. btw ASPAlliance.com has a great section on this.
RTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadable

Jason Brown - MVP, IIS
0
Atrax
12/28/2003 6:27:03 AM
asp.net.drawinggdi 1803 articles. 0 followers. Follow

damn this is excellent, that GDI+ got seperate forum.. woot.. hey can u get me the link for thumbnailing thing?
Microsoft India Community Star
0
dhavalhirdhav
12/28/2003 2:27:26 PM
Yes, aliance has a some great articles on this!

Check below article on thumbnail at aspalliance http://authors.aspalliance.com/chrisg/default.asp?article=130
This is by Chris, he has some more articles on GDI+, if you are intrested check them also!

Sreedhar
http://www.w3coder.org
weblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti
0
sreedhark
12/28/2003 6:56:28 PM
mine's here :

http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/infinitemonkeys/articles/asp.net/994.asp
bit of a rough cut, but that was the idea, really. A sort of dip-your-toes-in article
RTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadable

Jason Brown - MVP, IIS
0
Atrax
12/29/2003 7:14:52 AM
You can find a similar approach in my latest MSDN.be article via this link: http://www.microsoft.com/belux/nl/msdn/community/columns/desmet/httphandler.mspx. It uses HTTP Handlers to create photo albums.
Bart De Smet [MVP]

Visit www.msdn.be, www.bartdesmet.net
0
bdesmet
1/2/2004 12:27:26 PM
Yes, thank you for this forum!!
"I have 10 years experience using XML, Server 2003, and .NET. I will work for $10 an hour. I have been programming professionaly for 15 years (even though I'm only 23). I was the second person to walk on the moon." - I'm sick of seeing resumes like this.
0
busdriver

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

My remote site will not log-in or successfully create an account, it says 'RUNTIME ERROR' 'Server Error in '/' Application' (does work in local) PLEASE HELP! thanks
Hi, I have VB2005 and i made a form using the video from 'Get Started' and I used the default wizard (ie: Login, Create Account...) When i publish via frontpage i use 'FTP' first and then 'Frontpage or Sharepoint Services'. Note my host is ASP.net 2.0 enabled and Frontpage Server Ext. 2002... When i open my site www.thegamehouse.co.nz and go into create account, I create an account but when i click 'Create' it loads real slow for 10 secs then says the following: (Actual Error) Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the...

'''

'File' 'Edit' 'Bookmarks' etc just disappeared
Name: Robert Email: muiporueatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: 'File' 'Edit' 'Bookmarks' etc just disappeared Comments: Can't find 'em, don't know how to get 'em back. Had to de-install Firefox totally and re-install from scratch. What happened? Who the f__k knows, except that I'd bet the farm it has something to do with WinHosed 7 Decimate -- M$' latest and most fragile, bloated self-mutilating 64-bit SOS* ever to be late seeing the light of day, bless M$ black hearts. Pray the first nukes of the Apocalypse drop in...

Reporting on 'Comments:' rather than 'Notes'
Hi, Environment: PowerDesigner 9.5.2.889 EBF2 I'd like to generate a report which picks up my documentation from the entity's General tab rather than the Notes tab. I tried using the Table -> Table Description item however this maps to the Notes tab. Any hints? -- Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc http://www.blueoakdb.com Pablo, You'll find comments for a table (or entity, etc.) inside the 'Card' report item associated with the table. The 'Card' item contains several properties of the table; you may want to right-click it and select Layout to unselect some of those. Rick > Hi, > > Environment: PowerDesigner 9.5.2.889 EBF2 > > I'd like to generate a report which picks up my > documentation from the entity's General tab rather than > the Notes tab. > > I tried using the Table -> Table Description item however > this maps to the Notes tab. > > Any hints? > -- > Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc > http://www.blueoakdb.com Rick Bell wrote in news:400ec815.4abb.846930886@sybase.com: > Pablo, > > You'll find comments for a table (or entity, etc.) inside the > 'Card' report item associated with the table. The 'Card' item > contains several properties of the table; you may want to > right-click it and select Layout to unselect some of those. Rick, Thank you for ...

'IN' Clause or 'OR'
Hello, [1]: select * from TABLEA where COL1 IN('value1','value2''valu3'....) [2]:select * from TABLEA where COL1 = 'value1' OR COL1= 'value2' OR COL1='valu3'. TABLEA is a huge table and it has non-clustered index on COL1. Among the above 2 queries, which query will give me the better performance or fast response and WHY? What is the difference between 'IN' and 'OR' clauses as for as Sybase Optimization is concerned. Which is the better one to be used on huge tables. Thanks. Mac An IN list is treated as a series of OR clauses. There's no diff between the two as far as the optimizer is concerned. Eric Miner Sr. engineer Optimizer Group Ma wrote: > Hello, > > [1]: select * from TABLEA where COL1 IN('value1','value2''valu3'....) > > [2]:select * from TABLEA where COL1 = 'value1' OR COL1= 'value2' OR > COL1='valu3'. > > TABLEA is a huge table and it has non-clustered index on COL1. Among the > above 2 queries, which query will give me the better performance or fast > response and WHY? > > What is the difference between 'IN' and 'OR' clauses as for as Sybase > Optimization is concerned. Which is the better one to be used on huge > tables. > > Thanks. > Mac ...

'b'..'a'

'or' or 'union'

Net security is everyone's problem not just Microsoft's, says Ballmer
Speaking at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington DC, Microsoft chief executive Steve Ballmer declared that responsibility for cybersecurity falls on everyone---users, software vendors, and government agencies. Mr. Ballmer did not outline any new security initiatives, but continued to promote the upcoming Windows XP Service Pack 2, an update to the company's server operating system, and future versions of Internet Explorer that will block pop-up ads and unauthorized downloads. Mr. Ballmer outlined active protection technology, designed to stop worms...

'To', 'CC', & 'BCC'
Name: Dick Tracy Email: philipdottracyatoptusnetdotcomdotau Product: Thunderbird Summary: 'To', 'CC', & 'BCC' Comments: I have just started using Thunderbird and while I find it quite excellent- I suggest having a button to add addressees to 'BCC' as well. Currently each 'BCC' addressee has to be selected manually. I send e-mail to quite a number of people at a time and I do not wish to readily spread others addresses easily. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0....

'Value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
I'm attempting to invoke with parameters:  Dim thing2 As New mydelsubPBStep(AddressOf pbStep) Me.Invoke(thing2, "setMax", dt.Rows.Count)      <---- this is where the error occurs   the delegate looks like this: Private Delegate Sub mydelsubPBStep(ByVal mode As String, ByVal value As Integer)   the function it's calling looks like this:Private Sub pbStep(ByVal mode As String, ByVal value As Integer) Select Case mode.ToLower Case "clear" ProgressBar1.Value = 0 Case "step" ProgressBar1.PerformStep() L...

EXEC sp_msforeachtable 'sp_spaceused ''?'''
What does the following SQL code mean?  EXEC sp_msforeachtable 'sp_spaceused ''?'''Johan TheunissenMCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006==============================Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer". JohanNL:sp_msforeachtable This is the name of the SP that resides in the master database.  This SP executes one or more commands for a table. JohanNL:sp_spaceused This is the command that you want to run for each of the tables residing in your current database.  As you might have understood so far, that this is again a...

Value of type 'System.Net.Mail.MailMessage' cannot be converted to 'System.Net.Mail.AlternateView'

Quick question: '1.28' * '2.56'
--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline Imagine: pugs> '1.28' * '2.56' 3.2768 What is (or should be) going on here here? [1] role NumRole { method infix:<*> returns Num (NumRole $x, NumRole $y: ) { ... } } Str.does(NumRole); [2] multi sub infix:<*> (Str $x, Str $y) returns Num { ... } [3] multi sub prefix:<+> (Str $x) returns Num { ... } multi sub infix:<*> (Num $x, Num $y) returns Num { ... } multi sub infix:<*> (Any $x, Any $y) returns Num { +$...

Parameter and trait questions
I'm working on enhancing Perl6::Subs[*] to support more parameter traits than just C<is required>. I have some questions about parameters and traits. (These questions all apply to pure Perl 6, which I know I won't be able to translate completely, but I want to know which target I'm missing.) * Given a parameter C<Array @a>, it's obvious I'm not allowed to C<push @a,1>, because I didn't say C<is rw>. But am I allowed to C<@a[0]++>? How about C<@a[0][0]++>? How deep is read-only-ness? * Similarly, how deep is th...

Thanks for Re: code fon 'Enter' or 'Tab'
Hi, Nick, Thank you very much for answering my question. Your code is exactly what I am looking for, it really helped me to solve my problem. Thanks a lot. Jessica ...

LINQ -- how to do where x in ('a', 'b','c')
How do I write a LINQ expression that does the following: select * from SomeTable where SomeColumn in ('a', 'b','c')  Jay There is no IN operator in LINQ (yet), but you can use Contains instead: http://www.devauthority.com/blogs/jwooley/archive/2007/08/06/69922.aspx Jos...

Parameterprefix ('@', ':', '?') with MySQL (lite) over odbc
Hi! I cant get my gridview to work with a deletecommand with a parameterprefix. I use a mysql lite installation. If a change my deletecommand to a specific id that exists in the DB everything works properly but not with @original_id (or @id). Been stuck on this for ages so I really apprechiate help. Code: asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AllowSorting="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False" CellPadding="5" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" EmptyDataText="Det finns för närvarande inga kurser att boka." ForeColor="#333333" GridLines="None" Font-Size="Small" Width="688px" Horizon...

'NMDayTim', 'Psock' , 'NMTime' , 'NMFtp' can not be opened.
hello, my colleague have developed an application under c++ builder 5. so now i should undertake it and optimize it. last days i have installed the C++ Builder 2010 testversion to get some experience on it, because i have not used it before. when i try to compile the old project in C++ builder 2010, comes some Compile errors. Also, there are some Includes like 'NMDayTim', 'Psock' , 'NMTime' , 'NMFtp' in this old Project. they can be found and compiled in the old c++ Builder 5. but not in c++ builder 2010. so i want to know do i solve this problem or go...

Select where column IN ('DC123', 'WQ242', 'GT654', 'EL982', ......);
Which will be faster given that the list of IDs can be quite large (hundreds or thousands of IDs)? For count = 1 to rows ls_ID = dw_1.GetItemString(count, "id") dw_2.Retrieve(ls_id)//RetrieveStart = 2 Next OR Or modifying the select statement... select column1, column2.....where ID IN ('DC123', 'WQ242', 'GT654', 'EL982', ......); Ido you can also used an argument of the type string array with your datawindow : string ls_id[] For count = 1 to rows ls_id[count] = dw_1.GetItemString(count, "id") Next dw_2...

Web resources about - Just a quick note to say 'thanks' - asp.net.drawinggdi