Best solution to convert pictures

Hi!

I am going to download pictures from a web with vb asp.net. It works. I am saving the pictures in my filesystem. The pictures can be in jpg or gif. But when or after I have saved the picture I´d like to create a thumbnail file and create a standard picture file with fixed height and so on. How do a convert pictures in VB asp.net? And can I avoid a separate component?

best!

/Staffan
0
gerlow
5/4/2009 10:28:41 AM
asp.net.drawinggdi 1803 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Do you want to upload images to an ASP.NET web application and create thumbnails?  If so, here's an article for you:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/netimageupload.aspx

Darrell Norton, MVP
Darrell Norton's Blog

DarrellNorton

Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Stu
Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Studio 2005. Then, he changed to another company. Now, I take over his job. Unfortunately, when I attempted to open that solution, Visual Studio 2005 prompted me the conversion wizard again to forced me to perform a conversion on the solution. Does someone know why?--Harish Patel www.MicrosoftSQLandASP.netpatelharish@gmail.com Hi, How many projects are in the solution, does it have UNLOADE...

Convert a VS.NET 2003 solution to VS.NET 2002?
Hi, I am working on my personal site now, but I only have an evaultion version of VS.NET 2003, so I want to convert it to an VS.NET 2002 solution. Is it possible to do that?Mikael Söderström Found it :) http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/20030425.aspMikael Söderström...

Converting a file based .NET solution to an IIS solution? Is it possible?
Is this possible?If so, how?  I noticed inside my properties page on my solution I saw a radio button that says : Use custon serverbut it is greyed out.The thing that is checked is right above and says : Use default Web serverWhat is considered the default Web serverTIAjonpfl You mean with Visual Web Developer/VS2005 and ASP.NET 2.0, I assume. Default web server on file-system based web application is the ASP.NET Development server bundled with VWD.  Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU...

Everytime I open my converted Wep Application VS2005 Solution File. VS 2005 attempts to convert the solution again.
1) Installed SP1 for VS 2005 OK. 2) Installed the UPDATE to VS 2005 OK. 3) Converted the VS 2003 project OK. 4) Rebuilt the project. 5) Converted the Web and WebServices project to "Web Application" OK. 6) Some files did not convert. 7) Saved and closed to project. 8) Attempted to open the project to correct errors etc. 9) VS2005 Conversion wizard comes up to RE-Convert the project again. Hi secannon, If Visual Studio 2005 starts the Convert project wizard, there must be some version information existing in the solution file or project file. For this issue, I recommend c...

Random Picture Code- How to convert VB.Net to C#?
I've got this code in VB.Net for displaying random pictures on ASP pages. I was wondering if someone could convert it to C# for me? Thanks- <% dim x(1000) 'The directory of all my pictures... Const mypath="/pictures" Set filesystem = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set folder = filesystem.GetFolder(server.mappath(mypath)) Set filecollection = folder.Files 'Step through the files list, keeping track of 'the number of files.... idx=0 For Each file in filecollection idx=idx+1 x(idx)=file.name Next 'Choose a ran...

What is best solution to convert all complex reports to web (output as pdf) ?
Hi all, We have already converted all our PB applications to web using Sun Java. But, we don't want to rewrite our datawindow based complex reports. What is the best solution you guys have developed to convert existing datawindow reports to web without re-writing and output as pdf file. Thanks Raj Thambusamy PB 9 and up include functionality to save reports as PDF using Ghostcript. We have also used Win2PDF as a faux printer to give print to file capabilities. Both of these would let you generate PDF's from datawindow reports. Doug Porter DailyAccess Co...

What is the best way to safely delete solutions created with VS.net 03?
Hi,     While not a pressing problem, I'd like to rid my system of VS.net 2003 solutions and projects that I know I will never need to access again.  These would be mostly developmental test solutions that I started to tryout something.  I'd like to clear them out before they become a problem.  I don't want to do something, though, that will make matters worse.     A search through the help files found info on removing and deleting projects, but not solutions.  Also, I'd like to be sure that all the files associated with those soluti...

CONVERT VISUALBASIC.NET TO C#.NET!
Hi theretrying to complete a login page.  The example I have is written in visual basic, can you please convert the following statement into C# for a submit button (transferring data to a database!!):Sub btnSubmit_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)   If Page.IsValid then      InsertGuestbookEntry(name.Text, email.Text, message.Text)      Response.Redirect("ViewGuestbook.aspx")   End IfEnd SubAlso, the following for retrieving data from a database into a drop down menu:Sub Page_Load (sender as ...

Converting from vb.net to c#.net
Hello I have recently purchased VBGolds RawDataPrinter which should allow users to print directly to label printers on our network directly from a c# web form.  Unfortunately they only supply vb.net examples and I have need of c#.  The component has been installed on our web server.  This is some code that they have supplied as examples in vb.net   "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >"Head1" runat="server&qu...

.net 3.5 convert to .net 2?
 how can i convert in Web Developer 2008 .net framework 3.5   to .net 2 ? KAHREDEN HAREKET ENGELLENNEMEZ  Hi,If you have not used any .NET 3.5 controls, you simply need to remove all references to .NET 3.5 within the web.config. I hope this helps, if it answers your question, don't forget to mark it as such for those who come afterwards.Regards,Gareth ChidgeyManaging DirectorPushInternet Ltd  ok.how  can i create new web site in web developer 2008 at .net framework 2  .    KAHREDEN HAREKET ENGELLENNEMEZ  try this http://we...

Convert VB.Net application to C#.net
Haican any one help me to convert VB.Net application in this link to C#.net http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=6718&lngWId=10RegardsAnu Palavila  Regards Anu Palavila Use this Free Conversion tool - http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/vb-to-csharp/  ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips Other Code Convertors (convert VB to C# and C# to VB) http://converter.telerik.com/ http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/ http://www.dotnetspider.com...

convert c#.net page to vb.net
ok I have an entire page in vb.net and now I want to integrate some code from another page but it written in c#.net what is the easiest way to convert c#.net to vb.net I tried using www.kamalpatel.net/ConvertCSharp2VB.aspx but it only gave me errors here is what I am trying to convert let me know if you have any ideas http://www.nomorepasting.com/paste.php?pasteID=20953 With Alex Lowe's translator ' Messages Private NoFileMessage As String = "No file selected" Private UploadSuccessMessage As String = "Uploaded Sucess" Private NoImagesMessag...

how to save the picture in the picture box in vb.net?
hi,       I want to save the picture which is there in the picture box. The picture is there in form and it also contains text.   Regards sandeep   hi,  You can use the Picturebox1.save option to save the image in the picture box. cheers mate vijayvijay hi thnks for ur rply  i hv tried that but its giving the error that "object reference not set to an instance". Regards sandeep...

Web resources about - Best solution to convert pictures - asp.net.drawinggdi

Solution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In chemistry , a solution is a homogeneous mixture composed of only one phase . In such a mixture, a solute is a substance dissolved in another ...

An overnight solution to Melbourne's housing squeeze?
One day a Melbourne&nbsp;apartment&nbsp;building had six storeys. The next day it had eight.

Olympic tournament a nightmare for clubs, but no easy solution at hand
Spare a thought this Christmas and New Year for Melbourne Victory coach Kevin Muscat and his Brisbane Roar counterpart John Aloisi. It is hardly ...

Why Canada's refugee plan falls well short of a real solution
Simply picking the cream of the crop from the world's swelling refugee population and bringing them to rich countries like Canada fails to deal ...

Audiodraft Offers A Custom-Made Solution For Advertising And Music Industry
Music represents a major part in the success of a commercial clip or a movie, and AudioDraft from Helsinki offers a tailored solution – no matter ...

Tuesday Evening Open Thread: Spoiler Solution
... and yet you’re considerate enough to avoid dropping spoilers on those of us who haven’t seen it yet. We appreciate it! But here’s a solution ...

Cuban migrants: Pope Francis urges quick solution
Pope Francis calls on Central American countries to show generosity in dealing with the plight of thousands of Cuban migrants stranded in the ...

Two must-have MacBook power solutions for up to 76% off
Nothing good last forever, and that includes your MacBook Air power adapter. That’s why we make sure to grab an extra whenever it’s on sale—like ...

Afghanistan: Another Broken Obama Promise; Taliban Poised to Retake Sangin; Money Trail Shows Billions ...
... offer only criticism without an alternative plan. I happen to have the very face-saving plan the president needs. Mish 5-Point Proposed Solution ...

Steve Harvey announced the wrong winner in the Miss Universe contest and now Trump has a solution
Steve Harvey made a big mistake during his hosting duties for Miss Universe 2015. The television personality and comedian announced the wrong ...