URL Forwarding with cloaking,,,

I have setup URL forwarding with cloaking on my domain name but have found the login page will not work on DNN 3.0.10.  Any idea's on how fix this.

the url is: http://www.cfx.co.nz
Sorry off topic.
Wab
0
wab

The login is loading for me.

If this is still an issue, try moving to 3.0.11.
Next, it might be friendly URL's, not sure exactly what you are doing here.

Chris Paterra

0
thecrispy1
2/24/2005 4:50:22 AM
Hi there,

I have turn Friendly URL's off but still to no avail. What I'm trying to do is log into the website.
If you login using the following profile you will see what I mean
user: test
pwd: test
http://www.cfx.co.nz
It just takes you straight back to the login screen.
If you login using the actual address http://203.79.71.42/cfx it will let you in?
0
wab
2/24/2005 5:06:20 AM
Sure your aliases are properly defined? (view post 837266)
Scott Willhite
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly... what is essential is invisible to the eye.
~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
0
mrswoop
2/24/2005 5:34:06 AM
I'm sure the aliases are setup correctly, I have also upgraded to 3.0.11 but to no avail.

The aliases I have setup are:
localhost/cfx
203.79.71.42/cfx
www.cfx.co.nz
www.cfx.co.nz/cfx
203.79.71.42
203.97.91.19 - I added this one because this is the server doing the URL forwarding.
Anymore help would be greatly appreciated.
Wab
0
wab
2/24/2005 9:58:55 AM
How is the URL forwarding being done?
Scott Willhite
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly... what is essential is invisible to the eye.
~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
0
mrswoop
2/24/2005 12:52:15 PM
This is how the cloaking works...

Cloaking creates a HTML "frameset" document which includes a single frame which refers to the URL you are redirecting traffic to. Technically this is not a 'redirection', but it achieves the same affect while allowing you to hide (to some degree) the actual URL. While this solves the primary disadvantage of the first method, it adds a layer of complexity by introducing a frameset.
0
wab
2/25/2005 12:45:27 AM

The problem is that cookies are blocked on medium security because of the cloaking.
If you are using IE you can look at the bottom right of the browser and you will see an eye with a red mark, click on that to allow the cookies.
This probably isn't going to be too friendly for your users.
John M.

DotNetNuke Module for Performance
0
j7mitch

Url Forwarding and cloaking making Ajax stop working?
Hi,   I have a site that has some Ajax enabled functionallity. One of the pages, which works perfectly when directly accessed, e.g. "mydomain.com/about.aspx" has UpdatePanels doing partial postbacks. The problem arises when I use my second domain e.g. myseconddomain.com, to point to the about.aspx directly through Url forwarding with cloaking turned on. When I go this route the updatepanels stop working and everything I click does a full postback. Is it the cloaking or the fowarding itself that is causing the problem?  ...

URL Rewrite with URL Rewriter for .NET
 I am trying to set up the URLRewriter for .NEt and am having trouble setting it up.The code I have in my web.config has all the code in the right place and The following is the URL rewrite rules:<rewriter>            <rewrite url="/forums/(.+)/$" to="/forums/ViewForum.aspx?forum=$1" />            <rewrite url="/forums/(.+)/(.+)/$" to="/forums/ViewTopic.aspx?forum=$1&topic=$2" />      &nb...

URL forwarding
Can I & how do I setup DNS to do a URL forward? I need to redirect my internal users to a specific (external) URL if they only put the server name in. Thanks DNS (in any flavor) does not do URLs. It only translates host names to IP addresses and vice versa. But maybe if you provide exact details of what you are trying to do, we can still find a way to get there. bd NSC Volunteer SysOp ...

[url][/url]
I want to use this function [url][/url] when posting a link in my guestbook, the code is not working fully, thats why I want you to help me out with the last bit. Thanks As an example, when I want to post a link I save [url]http://www.asp.net[/url] this in the database. Then when the guestbook is getting it from the database I want it to replace it to a link. But something is wrong with the code.....can you help please. RS("post").Replace("[url","<a target=""_blank"" href=").Replace("[/url","</a").Replace(&q...

Forwarding URL
When I forward a link to our intranet page to view a document, an additional "http://" is added to the front of the link, rendering the page inaccessible. (Ex: http://http://xxxxxxx.) Recipient receives a "Page cannot be displayed" because system is trying to connect to only the first "http://" and not the entire URL. However, there are some people who receive it okay. This just started two days ago. I had been able to forward the Intranet URL with no problems up until then, and our home office indicates no procedures have changed. We are usi...

VS.NET 2003 Project Templates for DotNetNuke from dnnjungle.vmasanas.net
First, many thanks Vicenç Masanas for provide the free template.  Your tool has help many of us to speedup the development effort.Questions:1.  After install the template, there is option to generate DNN Module Communicator and DNN Module Listerner.  Anyone try these?  Any sample code to show how they suppose to work?2.  There are CodeSmith template to generate Info, Controller, Data Provider, SQL DataProvider.  These template go against table only.  Is there away to generate code from a view or store procedure?It is a free tool so one should not ...

Dotnetnuke & IIS. URL's getting redirected to http://localhost/dotnetnuke
I'm on Win XP Pro.  When using dotnetnuke, I have created a second and a third portal.  The url to http://www.localhost/dotnetnuke works fine, the url to http://www.localhost/secondportal works fine, but when I try to create a third portal, the url http://www.localhost/thirdportal gets redirected to http://www.localhost/dotnetnuke.  I have set up everything properly in IIS, and have specified all the same things inside of dotnetnuke on my third portal as compared to my second portal.  What is causing this redirection?  Even if I delete the third portal fr...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

NES URL forwarding
Trying to get it working following http://www.novell.com/documentation/lg/nw6p/adminenu/data/a2fesyp.html I have it set to forward to fixed URL, but after server restart going to the page that is supposed to forward I get 404 Any ideas? Thanks Seb Sebastian, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.j...

URL rewriting in .net
Hello,I wish to rewrite url with username. Currently my url looks like this: http://www.abcdefg.com/logged.aspxi wish to change it to http://username.abcdefg.com or http://www.abcdefg.com/usernamewhere username is the name of logged in user.Can someone help with this thing?thanks in advance.  Hi You can present the http://www.abcdefg.com/logged.aspx?username=angler in this form:  http://www.abcdefg.com/angler   Here is a good article about how to serve extensionless URL from ASP.NET. Hope that's exactly what you want. http://msmvps.com/blogs/omar/archive/2...

404
Hi Folks, Does anyone know of a module that will allow me to have a look up of obsolete URLs that need to be redirected to new URLs for a specific portal ID? Thanks, Wylie ...

.NET url filter
Im new to .NET and was hoping someone could jump in and help as this should be pretty simple.I am looking to have links driving to my site like: http://site.com/foohttp://site.com/barhttp://site.com/foobarWhat i want to do is have a filter that catches these urls and executes a page (http://site.com/some.aspx). I would want the original url to stay in the address bar and the filter class to pass some vars to the destination page http://site.com/some.aspxI have read a little about Application_BeginRequest and ashx but these seem to mainly just redirect to another page. Any ideas wou...

forward with a GCI to an URL

URL rewriting in .net
 Hi Is URL rewriting and URL mapping same in .net 2.0 Kindly adviceRegardsKaranRegardsKaran GuptaFor .net,Javascript and Sql server articles and interview question visithttp://guptakaran21.googlepages.com/main URL Rewriting is the process of intercepting an incoming Web request and redirecting the request to a different resource. When performing URL rewriting, typically the URL being requested is checked and, based on its value, the request is redirected to a different URL. Url Mapping provides a simple way to map a long URL to a short URL with the help of <urlMap...

Web resources about - URL Forwarding with cloaking,,, - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Call forwarding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Call forwarding , or call diversion , is a telephony feature of some telephone switching systems which redirects a telephone call to another ...

Facebook Messenger For IOS Adds Groups, Message Forwarding
Facebook released version 4.0 of its Messenger application for iOS , and the major additions were the ability to create groups , and the ability ...

Choice urges IP spoofing for better IT prices - Parliament, House, prices, iTunes, guide, US forwarding ...
Consumers should spoof their IP address and use US forwarding addresses to beat high IT prices in Australia, consumer advocacy group Choice said. ...

Martin Taupau email mix-up highlights legal risks of forwarding misdirected message
An incredible email mix-up gave a Canadian theatre critic a cracking NRL scoop &ndash; and potentially a legal headache.

VPN Routing & Forwarding Instance_网络子站_IT专家网
VRF-VPN路由转发实例(VPN Routing & Forwarding Instance) VPN Routing & Forwarding Instance

Facebook Messenger updated to version 4.0 with groups and message forwarding
... 4.0 Groups: Now you can create groups for the people you message most. Name them, set group photos and keep them all in one place Forwarding: ...

Facebook Messenger For IOS Adds Groups, Message Forwarding - SocialTimes
Facebook released version 4.0 of its Messenger application for iOS , and the major additions were the ability to create groups , and the ability ...

Sprint StarStar Me offers vanity phone numbers and controlled call forwarding
Sprint has kicked off a new add-on service today called StarStar Me. For $2.99/month, subscribers can register a new number that's accessed by ...

Facebook Messenger 4.0 Features Easy Group Creation And Message Forwarding
... , its messaging-focused app, to version 4.0 on iOS. Facebook Messenger 4.0 introduces a couple of significant new features: groups and forwarding. ...