upgrade problems from 3.1.1 to 3.2.2

I just unzipped to the dir and ran the web page.  Are there any web.config setting i need to change?  It went throught the update process and said successful but then I go to the page I just get :

An error has occurred.
An error has occurred.

and the url looks like this http://localhost/LNL/Default.aspx?tabid=36&error=Object+reference+not+set+to+an+instance+of+an+object.&content=0

www.jiltedcitizen.com
www.livegreenforum.com
0
JiltedCitizen

Did you do anything with the web.config in your directory? Save it as a backup and rename the releas.config file as the documentation suggests?
ChrisHammond.com
Engage Software
0
christoc
1/8/2006 9:09:51 PM

Experienced exact same error message and url description at wh4l when trying to go from 311 to 322

Didn't resolve switched back to 311

Curous to know possible solution

Roy www.haygood.com

0
haygood
1/9/2006 12:03:48 AM
Same here (WH4L) and have tried hard to resolve it with no luck. Upgrades on other installs/boxes work fine, thought it may be a permissions prob at WH4L when running upgrade.
Regards, Nick

Free Css Skins! | nuke.nickclements.net
0
nbc
1/9/2006 1:18:24 AM

I had my hosting service upgrade my install from 3.1.1 to 3.2.1.

It went ok with a BIG gotcha.

All the passwords were reset!

See this post if you are upgrading from 3.1.1 to 3.2.1

http://forums.asp.net/1119368/ShowPost.aspx

Dave
www.dnnPhotoGallery.com

Dave Wilson
www.DNNPhotoGallery.com
0
DaveInTx
1/9/2006 11:32:29 AM

Upgrades to 3.2.1 seem to go OK, its 3.2.2 that has the odd problem. And if my hosting company updated my DNN without reading the docs I would be pretty unhappy!

It seems that if you have a problem with an upgrade it is quite likely due to an existing situation such as invalid users or skins that previously wasn't critical.

Regards, Nick

Free Css Skins! | nuke.nickclements.net
0
nbc
1/10/2006 2:35:02 AM
nbc wrote:
... And if my hosting company updated my DNN without reading the docs I would be pretty unhappy!

That's putting it midly!

I can't believe they fumbled so bad either.

Dave
www.dnnPhotoGallery.com

Dave Wilson
www.DNNPhotoGallery.com
0
DaveInTx

From 2.1.2 to 3.1 or 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 to 3.1

Any problem upgrading from 3.1.1 to 3.2.2 directly?
 Hi, I'm planning on moving up to version 3.2.2 from 3.1.1 and want to make sure it's ok to make this jump and not go step by step.  Any there any reasons to take it one step at a time?  Any major pitfalls I should know about in doing the upgrade? Thanks No problem.  You can do it directly. DNN will automatically handle each step for you.John M. Use the new web.config (release.cofig) and transfer the relevant setings from the old web.config.  Some folks made the mistake to reuse existing web.config.  Otherwise, it should be fairly problem free. I ...

Having problems loging in after upgrading from 2.1.2 to 3.1.1
Ok i have done the upgrade from 2.1.2 to 3.1.1 the installer did its magic and i got the click here to access your portal/site which means the upgrade went well... but now i get this error on my homepage A critical error has occurred.Multiple controls with the same ID 'ctr' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.Can some one help me out and explain what this means???? Has any one seen that before ??? ... The other thing i cannot log into the site either ... when i login it takes me back to the home page and i dont have the control panel or anythin...

Bug DNN 3.1.1 Upgrade from 2.1.2 -> 3.1.0 ->
Somewhere along the process, (I missed when) a portal upgrade created a problem with portal creation. The site is created fine, but the password for the admin is never correct. I have to use host to correct it. Anyone faced this ?Do you know the truth when you hear it? are you using the same hash keys in your web.config? this got me one time-DarrenNeese.com-DNN ROCKS!-DeveloperSchool.com Thanks, this helped me narrow it down and realize it was possibly the upgrade from DNN2 to DNN 3. Since there are no hash keys in DNN2 because it uses an encryption key, how did you solve it?Do you know ...

Differences DotNetNuke 2.1.2 and 3.1.3
Hi all, I am currently in a research fase about DotNetNuke. I have been searching a lot to find differences between DotNetNuke version 2.1.2 and DotNetNuke version 3.1.3. On the website DotNetNuke.com is much information about DotNetNuke 3.1.3 and how good it is and where to use it for, but not really some list about what functions it has. There is a list of bugs that are known and solved etc. at support.dotnetnuke.com but not a list with it's functions and possibilities. About DotNetNuke version 2.1.2 is really not much information to find. Every page I find tells DotNetNuke v.2...

Error in Upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.2.2
Upgrading a 3.1.1 version to 3.2.2 logged this error in the script for 3.2.1 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: CREATE UNIQUE INDEX terminated because a duplicate key was found for index ID 4. Most significant primary key is '3785'. Could not create constraint. See previous errors. The statement has been terminated. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlConnection connection, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQ...

Infinite redirect loop after upgrade from DotNetNuke 3.1.1 to 3.2.1
After upgrading from DotNetNuke 3.1.1 to 3.2.1, I cannot access any of the DNN sites. Each access never completes. I checked all my aliases. They seem fine. I access my site via http://localhost/site or http://machinename/site and it fails. Of course, it all works under 3.1.1 (and prior versions). Anyone else experience this problem? Know of a fix? ...

DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.3 Upgrade Error
Hello, the upgrade said it was successful and to click here to launch the portal. I did and received the following error message. Please help. Server Error in '/psg' Application. A column named 'SkinSrc' already belongs to this DataTable. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.DuplicateNameException: A column named 'SkinSrc' already belongs to this DataTable.Source Error: An unhandled e...

Problem upgrading 3.2 site to 3.2.1
I tried upgrading my site from 3.2 to 3.2.1 and I get the following error page.  I also have another site where I was not doing an upgrade and I get the same error.  My sites are being hosted.  Any ideas? Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: ?Source Error: Line 256: <add assembly="System.Enterprise...

Never done upgrade before. Have a 2.1.2 site w/many custom (purchased) modules, some of which are no longer supported. Don't see *any* info in 3.1 install docs for 2.1.2 upgrade?
Hey folks: I'm about to try something very scary, and I've spent the last 5 or so hours reading DNN 3.1 docs and doing searches here (sure which the search worked better, like allowed sort by date??).  Anyway, I don't see *any* info on updating a 2.1.2 site to a 3.1 site.  The only examples all have machine key stuff and other stuff that's not an issue (or is it?) w/2.1.2 Here's the situation: 1 I have localhost access to the site via remote desktop 2. I have disconnected backed up data and log files and reconnected 3. I have made a copy of the virtual folder. No...

[ANN] Release of Bugzilla 3.0.1, 3.1.1, 2.22.3, and 2.20.5
--Sig_nEH4Ypdt2vWEVOYyO6=XaoK Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Today the Bugzilla project has four releases! 3.0.1 is the first bug-fix release for the 3.0 series. 3.0 was very stable, but 3.0.1 adds a lot of little polish fixes that greatly improve the experience of using Bugzilla. 3.1.1 is our first development release toward Bugzilla 3.2. It has a huge number of new features, but is EXTREMELY UNSTABLE. It has not been tested, and should not be used in a production environment. It may fail in critical ways, or destro...

HELP !! : Problem with login after upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.2
Hi all, i have made an upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.2 and all seems to works. I can navigate in all my pages without problem. BUT when i try to logon using my host's password (or admin's password) i cannot reach to login. And this happened to ALL my users !!! What can i do ?? Thanks Stefano I am in the same boat as you Stefano. It has only happened to 1 out of the 3 I upgraded, but something is definitely wrong. I just hope I do not have re-install everything.DNN 2.X Installation Guide  CamberGoose wrote:I am in the same boat as you Stefano. It has only happened to 1 out of t...

Upgrade DotNetNuke from 3.1.1 to 3.2.0 issues
I upgraded my dotnetnuke from 3.1.1 to 3.2.0.  I was successfully upgraded one of my server with no problem. But when I upgrade my local dev box, I have problems.  After I run the http://localhost/dotnetnuke/install/install.aspx?mode=install on my local box, the upgrade from my local host (the html page) indicated that it's upgraded successfully.  But once I click on the access my site link, I lost all the menu. Event when log on as host account,  I lost the admin as well as the host menu.  I opened the C:\dotnetnuke\Solutions\DotNetNuke.All.sln and rebuild al...

Web resources about - upgrade problems from 3.1.1 to 3.2.2 - asp.net.dotnetnuke

The problem with the RBA's terms-of-trade forecasts
Most commodity markets have proved too reactionary to offer much insight into future price developments.

6 problems with the Moto X Play and how to fix them
... every other smartphone and tablet out there, the Moto X Play is not without its issues. Which is why, we've rounded up some of the common problems ...

Apple is working on an iOS app for troubleshooting device problems
... with knowledge of goings-on at Apple’s Infinite Loop HQ,” the in-development application asks customers “basic questions to boil down the problem” ...

Sleeping in on weekends linked to health problems
... morning snoozes (however glorious they may be). Sleeping late on days-off—and other sleep-time adjustments—are linked to metabolic problems ...

Report claims Samsung Galaxy S7 will fix the biggest problem with the Galaxy S6
... Samsung ditched microSD support on the Galaxy S6. Well according to a new report on Monday, Samsung will fix the bigger of those two problems ...

DeAndre Hopkins Having No Problem with Darrelle Revis, Burns Him for 61-Yard TD - Bleacher Report
Many believed Houston Texans wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins would be stranded on Revis Island this Sunday. He hasn’t been—at all...

This is not just some oddity from Ottawa: Yoga really is a cultural appropriation problem.
Here 's a story from Canada. At the University of Ottawa, the Centre for Students with Disabilities has decided to end its program of free yoga ...

Oil Patch Problems: Rigs Down 60%, Production Down 3%, $40-$50 Price Doesn't Work
... has not hand a monthly close below $40 since mid-2004. And $40 to $50 is not even profitable, putting producers into a bind. Oil Patch Problems ...

E. Coli Isn't Chipotle's Only Problem
Brand perception was way down even before the latest outbreak.