Upgrade 1.0.10 to 2.1.2

I am preparing to upgrade a site from DNN 1.0.10 to 2.1.2

The site is hosted on a remote server using a SQL database and when I originally installed the 1.0.10 version I did a search/replace on all of the database install scripts - removing [dbo]. and dbo. This seemed to be the only way that DNN would install smoothly.
When I view the remote database using enterprise manager it seems that the tables and stored procedures are owned by either my user 'pkoanui' or 'dbo'
I foresee this being a problem when upgrading to 2.1.2. I have since performed fresh installs of other DNN 2.1.2 sites and noticed that with the new databaseOwner key in the webconfig file, all tables and stored procedures install properly (dbo user as owner).
I have read a lot of posts about upgrading to 2x a while ago and it seemed that there were many issues. I can uninstall all 1x specific modules with no problems but I would like to avoid as many hangups as possible.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to a solid process I can use to smoothly transition to 2.1.2?
Thanks a lot for any help in this matter.
--pkoanui
0
pkoanui

The 3rd party modules will provide the most problems.  If a module is using anything having to do with Users or Roles I would forsee an issue.  There is also an extra section in the web.config for a connection string for these legacy modules.  You must remember to set both connection strings correctly.

All core tables and sp's should have had dbo. in front of them by 1.0.10. Now, 3rd party modules did not always follow this practice.
Now, you can create the stored procedures with the dbo.storedprocedurename if they are not named correctly and this should all be fine.

Chris Paterra

0
thecrispy1

Upgrading from 1.0.10 to 2.1.2
I have a fairly standard install of 1.0.10 that I need to upgrade to 2.1.2. I haven't been able to find any documentation on this - is anyone able to point me in the direction of some? Anyway, I've put together the following steps: 1) Backup site, database 2) Remove all files from 1.0 installation, except Portals folder 3) Copy new 2.1.2 files into installation, maintaining Portals folder 4) Perform diffs on: web.config, DotNetNuke.vbproj.webinfo, DotNetNuke.sln. Merge applicable changes (connection strings, site URLs). 5) Browse to default.aspx Are these correct? Reason...

Upgrade from 1.0.10 to 2.1.2?
Hello, What's the preferred way to upgrade my existing implementation of 1.0 to 2.1? I have several portals, a number of third party components and numerous custom pages. Is there an automated (or at least semi-automated) upgrade procedure? Any information would be most helpful. Thanks, Rick Bump. Anyone??? Thanks in adavnce, Rick i would make a dev copy of your installation somewhere (dev copy of Database as well, never try to upgrade in place unless you want the sites to be down while you fix all of the problems, especialy if you have custom modules or third party m...

How to upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2?
I have 2.1.1 wokring fine and I have spent a lot of time making it just right but I want to make sure I have the latest & greatest so I am trying to get 2.1.2 to work so I can upgrade. When I try to set-up 2.1.2 I get a few errors such as: Could Not Load Skin: ~/Portals/_default/Skins/_default/admin.ascx Error: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40607\Temporary ASP.NET Files\dnn212\295dc47c\1861dacc\3z6nxty1.0.vb(159): error BC30560: 'admin_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'. Is there a simple way to upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2? RDD Iff you have not made any cha...

updated 1.2.2 to 2.0.1 but still shows 1.2.2
I just reinstalled the SBS 6 with the NW6 SP3 Overly cd and i put web access, iprint, dhcp/dns, naas on the initial install. I then proceded to upgrade edir to 8.7.1 ( i updated jvm and the other stuff that 8.7.1 required first) and everything went great. I then udated imanager from 1.2.2. to 2.0.1 and the install went as expected no errors or anything. Here is the problem when i surf to iManager with internet exploder 6 it shows me i am using 1.2.2. I read the instructions and they talk about some migrating but the direction don't match imanager 1.2.2 (i assume they are reffe...

From 2.1.2 to 3.1 or 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 to 3.1

Version 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 upgrade
Hi folks, I upgraded from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 last night. In case anybody wants it, I created a ZIP file containing the changed RUNTIME files - all you need to do is extract and ftp over the top of your 2.1.1 install - assuming you've NOT MODIFIED anything yourself... ;) Get the ZIP file here. Hope someone finds it helpful. joel joelblogs.co.uk...

Upgrading Enterprise Library 1.0 to 2.0 and Active Reports 1.0 to 2.0
Upgrading From ASP.NET 1.0 to ASP.NET 2.0   The following document describes the solutions to the problems in upgrading from Enterprise Library 1.0 to Enterprise Library 2.0 and Active Reports 1.0 to Active Reports 2.0.     Backup all your files, even if you have source safe.   Follow the instructions by Microsoft for upgrading.  http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/migration/upgrade/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/webprojectsvs05.asp   Upgrading to Enterprise Library 2.0.  Visual Studio 2005 automatically re-references Ent...

Bug DNN 3.1.1 Upgrade from 2.1.2 -> 3.1.0 ->
Somewhere along the process, (I missed when) a portal upgrade created a problem with portal creation. The site is created fine, but the password for the admin is never correct. I have to use host to correct it. Anyone faced this ?Do you know the truth when you hear it? are you using the same hash keys in your web.config? this got me one time-DarrenNeese.com-DNN ROCKS!-DeveloperSchool.com Thanks, this helped me narrow it down and realize it was possibly the upgrade from DNN2 to DNN 3. Since there are no hash keys in DNN2 because it uses an encryption key, how did you solve it?Do you know ...

Smoke [5.10.1] perl-5.10.1-1-gca8de22 FAIL(m) linux 3.2.0-1-amd64 [debian] (x86_64/2 cpu)
Automated smoke report for 5.10.1 patch ca8de220718ba91d5a5fdd9779497cd5b0250258 perl-5.10.1-1-gca8de22 gateway: AMD Athlon(tm) Dual Core Processor 4850e (AuthenticAMD 2400MHz) (x86_64/2 cpu) on linux - 3.2.0-1-amd64 [debian] using cc version 4.6.2 smoketime 1 minute 53 seconds (average 1 minute 53 seconds) Summary: FAIL(m) O = OK F = Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X = Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness ? = still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - = unknown or N/A c = Configure, m = make, M = make...

Upgrade to DNN 2.1.2 from DNN 1.0.10 loses portals
In the recent upgrade attempt (I ended up restoring) I was able to successfully install the software, but in the process I lost all the portals which had been previously defined in the DNN 1.0.10 version. They flat out were gone. In the upgrade process I followed the instructions in the readme file, basically laying down the new DNN files over the old, and re-enabling my Connection String. Wondering, Will Did you have any content in your default portal? RegardsRegards, Nick Free Css Skins! | nuke.nickclements.net  Create a test portal (named test!) with the DNN2....

Upgrading from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi,We write ASP.NET applications for a large UK organisation for which we have two servers - a dev server and a live intranet server.  I would like to convince management to upgrade the .NET framework from 1.1 to 2.0 (and incidently VS2003 to VS2005).If we install the new version of the dotnet framework, will there be any issues with our existing 1.1 applications?  If so, what will the issues likely to be?Your help is greatly appreciated.Ryan Penfold, Truro, UK. Two versions can coexist, so you shouldn't have any issues. So far we have not had any real issues with asp.net 1.1 a...

Upgrade from 10.2.0 to 10.2.1
I have a clean install of SLES 10 SP2 and ZCM 10.2.0. I used System Update feature to download the 10.2.1 patch. After deploying it gives me the message "An unknown error has occurred during the deployment. Check the system-update.log on the device for details.". Where can I get this log file? I also found that the directory /var/opt/novell/log/zenworks/system-update/f21b64b2105ae69c883df8fe135e7e23 is empty. Is it normal? Thank you. -- anthonychee ------------------------------------------------------------------------ anthonychee, It appears that in the pas...

Web resources about - Upgrade 1.0.10 to 2.1.2 - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Windows Anytime Upgrade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Windows Anytime Upgrade (WAU) was an upgrade method offered by Microsoft and selected licensed resellers to users who intended to upgrade their ...

President Obama's Facebook Page Upgrades To Timeline
Yes, we can upgrade to timeline. U.S. President Barack Obama's Facebook page has the new layout.

Four Reasons to Upgrade to the New Share Dialog for iOS
... as friend tagging and privacy controls. 2. A faster and more native sharing experience Pinterest and popular iOS game 4 Pics 1 Word upgraded ...

More Streams: Facebook to Upgrade App Directory, App About Pages Soon
Over 50,000 applications have been added to the Facebook application directory since it first launched two years ago, and Facebook says it’s ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh Laura Tobin @ Lauratobin1 2m The only way to get through today is chocolate, I'm going to start small with baby & upgrade ...

Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... Flickr. We noticed that you may be using an unsupported browser. All the basics will still work, but to get the most out of Flickr please upgrade ...

ModBook Upgrade by TechRestore - YouTube
http://www.techrestore.com/ - TechRestore Video - Here is the world's first Modbook upgrade video - TechRestore stop-motion style, of course! ...