Unable to install DNN 2.0.4 - SQL Server provider errors

I'm getting all kinds of errors when I'm trying to setup a new store.  Here are a few examples:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'ON'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlConnection connection, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters)
at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters)
at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText)
at DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider.ExecuteScript(String Script, Boolean UseTransactions)

ALTER TABLE dbo.FAQs WITH NOCHECK ADD CONSTRAINT
FK_FAQs_Modules FOREIGN KEY
(
ModuleID
) REFERENCES dbo.Modules
(
ModuleID
) ON DELETE CASCADE
NOT FOR REPLICATION

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'ON'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlConnection connection, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters)
at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters)
at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText)
at DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider.ExecuteScript(String Script, Boolean UseTransactions)

ALTER TABLE dbo.Profile WITH NOCHECK ADD CONSTRAINT
FK_Profile_Portals FOREIGN KEY
(
PortalId
) REFERENCES dbo.Portals
(
PortalID
) ON DELETE CASCADE
NOT FOR REPLICATION

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'ON'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlConnection connection, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters)
at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters)
at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText)
at DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider.ExecuteScript(String Script, Boolean UseTransactions)

And most importantly, when trying to create stored procs, I get an error that says "unknown column name" for SCOPE_IDENTITY
I searched for SQL server requirements for DNN but couldn't find anything. Excuse me if I am posting a redundant question, but I did search first and was unsuccessful.
I went through the provider source and changed SCOPE_IDENTITY() to @@IDENTITY and got rid of a few problems, but I'm not able to do a lot with the site. The DB gets populated with tables and stored procs (not all of them) and hte default portal is created, but the only two tabs that exist are "hom" and "admin" (and none of the admin subtabs are created). I am also unable to create any tabs as a result of these errors.
Thanks for your help guys!
0
grexican

I don't know what the problem really was, but I just discovered this nice lil thing MSDE (I'm sure some of you heard of it ;) hehe)  Anyway, I was trying to use a true SQL server and was just having way too many problems, so I got MSDE set up and working and _no_ problems (so far!)

Thanks to all that read this post. And anyone that wants to add to this I'd still appreciate knowing why I'm having such problems with a real (and separate) SQL server.
0
grexican

4.0.2 Installation-Server Error in '/dotnetnuke' Application.
After completed the installation of 4.0.2, I get the following error message when try to access the site.  Anyone has it resolved?  Please help. Thanks, -Newbee2000-   Server Error in '/dotnetnuke' Application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Source...

Error after upgrading from DNN 4.0.0 to 4.0.2
Hi, I've just upgraded from 4.0.0, and the upgrade process appeared to run OK. I had added the SiteSqlServer, ValidationKey and DecryptionKey settings to the new web.config file and I can get to the site OK, but... None of the module content displays. Each module says: An error has occurred.Error: <title of module> is currently unavailable. The titles are there, all the pages and menu items are there - just no content (text etc.) insode the modules. Any ideas? Thanks!http://www.matthewbarr.co.uk Solved this ourselves - we had a typo in one of the connection strings in web.conf...

Upgrading a DotNetNuke 4.0.0 Starter Kit based install to 4.0.2
Looking for advice on how to do this. Documentation doesn't cover this scenerio. My initial install was based on the great post http://forums.asp.net/1114393/ShowPost.aspx I have step 1. Backup everything. What next? I hope someone has done this. I'm just putting off having to build a duplicate environment to try copying the source over the top of my VWDExpress and recompiling....

Upgrading from DNN 4.0.0 to 4.0.2 #2
I have used the post at: http://forums.asp.net/1114393/ShowPost.aspx to install DNN4.0.0 and now I'd like to update to 4.0.2.  Should I use the same instructions to install over 4.0.0, or is there another process? Well, since I didn't get a response, I tried the instructions at that site. When running these, REPLACE EVERYTHING, and it upgrades your site just fine. If anyone has questions, ask me.  Mine went smoothly....

DotNetNuke 2.0.4 & .net fwk 2.0
Hi, I am trying to install DNN 2.0.4 on my machine but get below error when logging in on localhost/dotnetnuke (running sql). Any idea of what is wrong - could it be .net fwk v2.0 (which I am running for various reasons) that has new constraints?. ************************************************************** Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the followin...

New module
Module: ITSCS Manage Users 2.0.0 For DNN 1.0.10e and DNN 2.0.4 (with source) ITSCS Manage Users PRO v.2.0 allows for enhanced bulk and individual management of users and roles in DotNetNuke single or multi-portal setup. This Module is a must-have tool for portal administrators with large numbers of users and roles - especially in multiportal setups. Now you can: Search user database by: - Login, - First Name - Last Name - Email - Created Date - Authorized/not authorized - Portals (global search if user is host or portals that the user is admin...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Parser Error during Installation of DNN 4.0 on Win2k Server
I'm receiving this error below when attempting to install DNN to www.redbook1876.com  Anyone have any ideas on why this is happening?  Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Stream is not a valid resource file.Source Error: Line 1: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> Line 2: <locales> Line 3: <inactive>Sou...

DNN 2.0.4 to 2.1.2
I have recently upgraded to 2.1.2 on my test box and am getting an error... Whenever I try to edit the module settings for any module I get the following: Error loading module DotNetNuke.ModuleLoadException: Unhandled Error Adding Module to ContentPane ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.Skin.InjectModule(Control objPane, ModuleSettings ModuleSettings, PortalSettings PortalSettings) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DotNetNuke\admin\Skins\Skin.vb:line 574 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- Have any of you seen...

Problem after moving a DNN 4.0.2 installation to a new server
Hi, I moved my DNN 4.0.2. installation (DB & website) to a new server. After updating the configuration (connection strings, site URLs) everything seemed to work.But now I have one problem: it seems that the group membership does no longer work. When I assign a user to a group (e.g. "DevTeam") he still can't see pages/tabs which should be visible to users of that group.After looking at the database, it seems that everything gets stored correctly in the following tables: Users, Roles, UserRoles, TabPermission. But it seems that the tables aspnet_Roles, aspnet_UsersInRoles, etc. ar...

Error when updating 2.0.0.4 to 2.0.0.5
Name: Romain Email: romanolematfreedotfr Product: Firefox Summary: Error when updating 2.0.0.4 to 2.0.0.5 Comments: I had an error when updating 2.0.0.4 to 2.0.0.5 (french version). Some files where not found and the install program launched itself in loop. I had to download new version from website and install it to fix the problem. Firefox rocks ! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.8.1.5) Gecko/20070713 Firefox/2.0.0.5 ...

Upgrading from DNN 4.0.0 to 4.0.2
I have used the post at: http://forums.asp.net/1114393/ShowPost.aspx to install DNN4.0.0 and now I'd like to update to 4.0.2.  Should I use the same instructions to install over 4.0.0, or is there another process?...

Server error NET 2.0 : parser error
hi,I am getting the following server error in the browser when running c:\inetpub\wwwroot\mukera2\default.aspx :------------------Server Error in '/mukera2' Application.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Alex.Global'.Source Error: Line 1:  <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs" In...

unable to install update 2.0.0.4
Name: James Tyler Email: jimnhelenathotkeydotnetdotau Product: Firefox Summary: unable to install update 2.0.0.4 Comments: tells me it has downloaded update after each use of program but then says it was unable to install. Have tried on 5 occasions. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

Web resources about - Unable to install DNN 2.0.4 - SQL Server provider errors - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Provider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Providers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jeppe Federspiel and Rasmus Stabell started as musicians playing drums. Years later, they joined forces to form Providers, an urban production ...

Facebook App Provider North Social Is Already Thinking About The Holidays
Facebook application provider North Social used its iFrame Editor Facebook app to create a quiz for its Facebook page, with a surprise at the ...

Rail provider Aurizon dealt another blow with train derailment in Queensland
Aurizon's miserable end to 2015 has continued, with a major train derailment in Queensland injuring three and spilling large quantities of sulphuric ...

Childcare provider C&K will not ban unvaccinated children as new government laws come into effect
Queensland's biggest childcare operator will not make use of a new power to ban children who are not up-to-date with their vaccinations.

Apple, Google among streaming providers NFL is expecting to bid on Thursday Night Football
... information about Apple , Google , and Apple TV continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple, Google among streaming providers ...

STC becomes first service provider in MENA to deploy Cisco VPC technology
STC becomes first service provider in MENA to deploy Cisco VPC technology Arab News RIYADH: Saudi Telecom Company (STC), the largest telecommunication ...

Public option and provider reimbursement nudges
On Twitter, there is a long and productive discussion about provider pricing and the recent study on commercial payer rate variations. Part of ...

Salesforce: Bulls Love Purchase of App Provider SteelBrick
... has acquired startup SteelBrick , one of its application partners, for $360 million in stock. SteelBrick has billed itself as the largest provider ...

Cable providers still have no answer for Netflix as cord-cutting accelerates
While cable providers over the past few decades have grown fat off of exorbitant cable packages that overcharge and under-deliver, the rise of ...