Specific User -> Administrator Roles & Authorized Roles

Hi All,
Has there been any discussion about setting up Administrator and Authorized Roles for, Tabs and Modules to based on a specific user?
I think it would be handy to have a specific user control a specific module or tab. For example, let say I want UserABC to have edit control of the links module without creating a special role for that user.
I would also see this being important if there is ever a file manager for specific users. For files they only have access to.
-- Ingram
0
ingram

Roles, roles, roles
Hey is it posible o have a role for a user to only update the content? I don't want that user to change skins or to make other admin changes... up I think if you allow a role to edit contents on a module level he wont be able to change anything else. Did you try that? cheers, erikErik van Ballegoij, The Netherlands if you allow a role to edit contents in a module lets say discussions module, then that role will be able to edit, delete the threads. so for a role to be able to add new thread only, do we need to write our own code?-keeara g------------------ keeara, see...

role-based authorization -- user role part is not working
Hi, I followed this link http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/SecNetch08.asp to setup role based authorization. However the 'isinrole' part didn't work. 'user.Identity.Name' works correctly. I set a few breakpoints and started debug. In the 'locals' window, under 'Me-User-..-ticket', there is nothing for 'UserData'. What did I do wrong? here is how I created the ticket. During the debug, I can see value for roles is correct ("0"). i used numbers for the roles not words. authTicket = New FormsAuthenticationTicket(1, username, DateTime.Now, DateT...

Role for Group Administration only works if user/role has too much eDir rights
BlankL.S., Been searching for a TID that describes what rights are needed for a user/role to administer group membership. Finally found TID 10064960. We use groups there where rights go beyond context level (not a whole context or users from several contexts. Step 1 in this describes what we want. Step 2 gives to much rights, because we have to give it at almost the top level. Now our config: Edirectory 8.7.3.1 (planning to update to 8.7.3.2 very shortly) running on netware 5.1SP7 and 6.5SP1 platform. With only TID step 1 rights granted the following happens. After adding a u...

Manage Users For This Role / Manage Roles For This User Question
In the roles/user management pages there is a link called Manage Users For This Role and Manage Roles For This User respectively. I want non Admins to be able to see these pages, and currently I have it so that they can see the manage users and manage roles pages. However, when a non admin clicks on Manage Users For This Role or Manage Roles For This User link it does not display the control, just an empty page. I can get around this by giving edit rights to the page, but I do not want them to have edit rights for the page. Any ideas? Thanks  ...

Roles
I'm using a CreateUserwizard control and in the code behind for CreatedUser event I am trying to add the following single line of code:  Roles.AddUserToRole ... etc. However, Intellisense does not show Roles. (I am seeing RoleServiceManager but not Roles) Any idea why? I have Visual Studio 2008 and the project is targeting .NET Framework V3.5. Also, I have <roleManager enabled="true"> in the web.config file. Intellisence will work automatically, There is no relation to web.config, if any problem use,using System.Web.Security; ...

Add Authorized & Administrator roles to announcements module
Hi there, I need to be able to sign up 'view' and 'admin' permissions in announcements module... So once user signs up, he will see only announcements he's authorized to view (and/or edit). This what I've done so far: --Added two more fields to Announcements table (AuthorizedRoles, AdministratorRoles) --Modified stored procedures --Modified code to update-add new announcements. **I cannot add new announcements correctly (there is no visible checkbox arrays) **When updating an existing item, cannot select authorized / administrator roles in checkboxes lists BUT can updat...

Create User control & User Roles
Hi there guys, I would like to know if it is possible to assign a new user a user role without using the website admin tool. The scenario is i have got a 'create user' page in my site's admin section but all I can do is just create a user and not actually assign roles to that user. Is there some way I can tweak the create user control to assign a role or some other way to achieve this? (any code in VB please) Thanks for the help  Matt Hi Matt,You can use Roles.GetAllRoles() to get all role list and use Roles.AddUserInRole to add user in role.Ahmed Abu Dagga Thanks for that Ahmed....

roles User.IsInRoles() and Roles.IsUserInRole()
Have some problems with roles    When I use  User.IsInRole("Admin") it retuns false even that it exists in the database and it appears when I run the code below. string[] test = Roles.GetRolesForUser();string hepp = "";foreach (string tst in test){    hepp += tst + "<br/>";} it returns Admin.with other words Roles.IsUserInRole("Admin") is true.Roles --> contains the roles but it is not transfered to User.   What am I doing wrong? Hur får jag User.IsInRole() till true? Can you post the code tha...

Delete Roles how affect Users in that roles
Dear all,  I know that Roles.deleteRoles(e.command.arguement). If deleted the roles, how the users if they belong to that roles. Would their roles also be dropped? I mean if looping the user roles. What will be the result. hi the delete will fails if there is a usrs assigend to the role , so before you want to delete the Role, you should remove the users from that role ,by using Roles.RemoveUserFromRole(UserName,RoleToDelete)   http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa478950.aspx http://forums.asp.net/p/1181608/2004433.aspxRegards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesi...

Creating User Account Without Default Security Role (Registered User Role)
  My DNN version is 3.1.1. The portal is set to Private Registration. Unauthenicated users have access to the basic pages of the site. We require my company's current customers to register and be approved to have access to all other pages that contain information restricted to them (the major part of the site). As you know, authorizing a user account applys the Registered User security role by default and this is how I control access to the customer areas.  We want to create a page that will be used by Marketing to allow potential customers by login to...

Problem : Get a list of user belonged to a role or to know if a user already has a role
What code can I write to know if a user belonged to a Role already ? and How can I get a list of a  user already in an existing role ? Please have a look at my code below : Protected Sub AddUsers_OnClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnAddUsersToRole.Click' I wanna add some code here to check if a user already belonged to a Role' Please insert your code here. Thanks a lot. ' A role must be selected If RolesListBox.SelectedItem Is Nothing Then Msg.Text = "Please select a role." Exit Sub End If ...

Populating roles and user/role mappings
I am using asp.net 2.0 and want to use role-based security using windows authentication and sqlserver.  I have setup my web.config to do this successfully and am able to add roles and user mappings via code.  However, at this point I don't want to build a page that allows the maintenance for this because I want to get this website done quickly, so I just want to input the roles and user mappings intially and have them stored in the database.  When the website is up, I will have to add users from time to time and possibly modify user/role mappings as w...

Membership and Roles
Hi all, Is there a way to allow the user choose a role from a selection you provide them with? e.g. I have 3 types of users: admin, contractor, and landlord. Of course I don't want them to be able to assign themselves admin role, so how would I proceed? (I'm using C# by the way) This is what I have so far. Please note "Roles...();" is where I am stuck: -within my aspx page i have: <asp:WizardStep ID="CreateUserWizardStep2" runat="server" Title="Contractor or Landlord?"> <asp:ListBox ID="ListBox1" runat=&q...

User & Roles ..
I have the following problem .... I has OS authentication activated, but when i try to access the server with any user i get an error, what can i do ..?? If you are running easerver under windows NT/2000 you can run the service under a domain admin account. After lots of back and forth communication with sybase, this was the only way to integrate NT or active directory into easerver servers security mechanisms. We were told by sybase that they do not intend to fix this because they dont see it as a bug but they way it is supposed to work. The only other solution is to u...

roles & users
Hi , i've learned that if you want to deny access in your website for some users or even for some roles you can do that in the authentication & authorization sections in the web.config file , but , to deny roles you have to have those roles first isn't it ? & you have also to know what is avaible for each role to know to who you will give each role how can i do that ? how can i create a role & for each role know what is avaible ? & how can i create a user & give him a role ? creating a user ok , but not in the web.config file , i want that user enter his own informatio...

Web resources about - Specific User -> Administrator Roles & Authorized Roles - asp.net.dotnetnuke

List of Administrators of Chandigarh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Netball administrator stole $209,000, court told
A netball administrator siphoned $209,000 of money earmarked for junior and social players into her own bank accounts because she felt the sport ...

Arthur Galan calls in the administrators
Myer was caught out by the appointment of administrators to Australian fashion label Arthur Galan, which it lured over from David Jones in 2011. ...

Yale president supports administrators involved in Halloween email - Business Insider Deutschland
Yale President Peter Salovey voiced his support of two administrators involved in a Halloween email controversy.

Fox Lake Cop Joe Gliniewicz Considered ‘Hit’ On Village Administrator
Months before an Illinois police officer staged his suicide to look like murder he tried to find a hit man to kill a village administrator he ...

L.A. Health Administrator Helps Prepare The Future Work Force
Jim Sherman, part-time faculty member at California State University Northridge, finds he receives a greater personal reward from teaching.

Officer tried to take out 'hit' on city administrator - CNN.com
... stage his suicide, apparently to avoid being revealed as a thief , but he made an inquiry about hiring a motorcycle gang to kill the city administrator, ...

College Administrator Shreds The Constitution On Hidden Camera
College Administrator Shreds The Constitution On Hidden Camera

How Network Administrators Can Ease the Inevitable Move to IPv6
The well of IPv4 addresses has run dry; IPv6 adoption is inevitable. Here's how network administrators can make this adjustment as easy as possible. ...

Forbes Career Opportunity: Windows Systems Administrator
Forbes Media’s Technology team is currently seeking a Windows Systems Administrator. This position is an integral part of an innovative team. ...