Security on Discussions Module and Module Move not working, HELP!

I am using DNN 3.2.  My disucssion module allows users to edit not only their own dicussion items but other registered users items as well.  Is this how it is suppose to be?  I assumed it would only allow them to edit their own.  Has anyone encountered this problem?  Is this a bug?

My other problem is when I try to move a module by clicking any of the move actions, nothing happens.  The screen doesn't even postback?  Anyone know a fix for this.  The setup went as planned.  However I am using ASP.NET 2.0 in IIS.  The file manager wasn't workign properly so I switched it to 1.1, which fixed the file manager.  I feel like that had something to do with the module moving also?  Ugghh, Help is much appreciated.  I do not want to have to recreate all of my content for the love of DNN Gods.  Thanks in advance for any help!

0
craig

I can't answer your question about the Discussion module, but the move action failure is a known issue in 3.2.1 and 4.0.1. Dragging and dropping will work, however, so you can still move modules around the page.
0
Sellitna

modules, modules

Module in Module

HELP! how can I fix security settings on discussion module
Hi,I added a discussions module on my website and I setup that every registered users can modify it.There is a big issue:every registered users can modify or reply a previous item but DELETE it too!!!the not registered user can display the item discussions but no reply it.Is there a middle view?I would like that registered users can add new item discussion or reply  the previous items but do not delete them!ThankS!...

Help moving modules
Hi dotnetnuke experts, I have added two modules of mine in Dotnetnuke4.0.1 using StarterKit.The problem i am facing now is that i am not being able to move my modules to different panes(i.e. the inbuilt functionality Move to LeftPane,TopPane,Bottom Pane etc) not working.This case is not only with my custom modules but also with inbuilt modules like Link module,Html module etc.Is it due to some shortcoming of DNN4 or StarterKit or will i have to configure anything else.Rest all functionality is working fine.Even no postback takes place when i try to move module to another pa...

Help Moving modules
Hi dotnetnuke experts, I have added two modules of mine in Dotnetnuke4.0.1 using StarterKit.The problem i am facing now is that i am not being able to move my modules to different panes(i.e. the inbuilt functionality Move to LeftPane,TopPane,Bottom Pane etc) not working.This case is not only with my custom modules but also with inbuilt modules like Link module,Html module etc.Is it due to some shortcoming of DNN4 or StarterKit or will i have to configure anything else.Rest all functionality is working fine.Even no postback takes place when i try to move module to another pane...

Help with Discussion Module
Am I doing something wrong? The only way that I see that people can participate in the discussions module is to give them editor privlages. Which allows them to do a whole lot more than just participate. Any ideas? Don't mess with the privileges at all. Registered users can reply to a thread already. I'm sorry, but... same problem here - I don't have a clue about registered users replying to threads. I run v1.0.10d and registered users don't have reply/post button. Oh, ok, I've found the answer by myself: edit module settings, then "Roles that can Edit Content"! Sorry...

Help Cannot remove Forum Module and LoginRedirect module
Please Help, i'm trying to remove the DNN forum module, and i get this error DefaultDataProvider: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke.SqlDataProviderInnerException: Invalid File or Directory attributes value.Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Invalid File or Directory attributes value. ---> System.ArgumentException: Invalid File or Directory attributes value. at System.IO.File.SetAttributes(String path, FileAttributes fileAttributes) at DotNetNuke.Modules.Admin.ModuleDefinitions.EditModuleDefinition.cmdDelete_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of i...

What Module is DotnetNuke.com using for DNN3 modules?
The module used for the 3rd party DotNetNuke3 Modules is nice (needs a lot of improvement still, but worlds beyond what is "stock" ), and I would certainly like the opportunity to play with it a bit and consider it for my sites, however I can't figure out what they are using! Shawn: When you use a third party module on the dotnetnuke site, you should probably add a tag line IDing it to the bottom of it so that the rest of us can check it out! Thanks. That is Patrick Santry's Resource Directory Manager. I'm not sure what Patrick's plan are with this module in the future or ...

Hi how to combine .Net module and Java module?
Hi,   I have developed two modules one in ASP.Net 2.0 and another one in Java technologies, so how to combine both of these into one. Is there any technology for doing so?ThanksVishwanath  Well, not much as an expert in Java, but i came upon this article, and i guess it will help a lot http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=23883 Cheers !!!RegardsRamzi--------------------------------------------Dont Forget to mark the post as answered once replied. Hi, Also have a look at infoq.com there you will find articles related to ASP.net and Java combination...

Sorting of modules in the Organize Modules section does not work
Hi, It seems to me that sorting of modules in the Organize Modules section (TabLayout page) does not work. After clicking any of the Up or Down arrow buttons, the sort order does not change. Is it a known bug or is it a problem only on my server :-( ? TIA, Marek I have some more info concerning this problem: I found out that due to unknown reason, the PortalCfg.xml configuration file contains attribute ModuleOrder="998" for several modules. How this could happen? You may be better posting this question in the specific forum for the Portal Starter Kit HTH D...

DNNMasters Module Level Security Provider was released today. Free source for developers that want to implement additional module actions security!
Module source is free, upon request, for developers that want to implement this functionality in their modules. Introduction DotNetNuke provides rich set of API for security. The Core Team had done its work and had implemented full set of Microsoft Membership provider. This is the base for security provider, which can be applied at tab and module level. What does it mean for end user? Basically, user running latest version of DotNetNuke is able to restrict access to selected pages and/or modules on them. Restriction means, that page is or not visible or editable for u...

Discussions Module
Once a Discussion Topic is created a user, I thought other users will not be able to edit or delete that topic; they can only "reply" to that topic. To my surprise, when I login as a regular 'Registered User', and open an existing Discussion Topic posted by the Administrator, I am able to see options like "Cancel, Edit, Reply, and Delete". When I "edit" the topic, it actually changed the Topic losing the earlier version altogether. Normally this previlege should be given only to the Administrator. I am wondering how a normal 'Registered' user is able to "edit, and delete' operations. Is...

Security exception with help module
Security exception with help module when running DotNetNuke as a sub directory application (ex: localhost/DotNetNuke). Problem & solution. PROBLEM Security exception throw with help module when running DotNetNuke as a sub directory application (localhost/DotNetNuke). Exception thrown: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed.    at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Ch...

To module or not to module that is the question
Howdy List,=20 Bit of a quandry here. I have a script that does everything it's supposed to. It's basically like this: ---------------------- Configuration variables here: Program flow here with a single print statement after=20 it figures out what it's doing based on the configuration and user = input. ------------------ Now I need to use this same script lots of times so I already have = differen configurations saved as different modules then in the script = all I have to do is: ------------ In One.cgi: use Special::One; # this brings in all the configuar...

Web resources about - Security on Discussions Module and Module Move not working, HELP! - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Wikipedia:Arguments to avoid in deletion discussions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The following are a list of arguments that can commonly be seen in deletion discussions for templates , images , categories , stub types , redirects ...

Facebook To Stream Panel Discussion Focused On Mobile App Install Ads
Mobile application developers looking for better ways to promote their apps can learn more about Facebook’s mobile app install ads during a live ...

Vaccines do not cause autism - a list and discussion of studies
This list is a co-work of Allison and our good friend, Luci Baldwin: Vaccines do not cause autism. Multiple studies in multiple countries over ...

[...] Discussion in Facebook Groups and Pages is Public and Searchable, Inside Facebook [...]
While discussion on Facebook Pages has always been publicly accessible to the world and indexed by search engines like Google, wall posts and ...

Front - The best stories and discussions in Kinja
The best stories and discussions in Kinja

Through The Fence Baseball - Baseball news, discussion, rumors, and stats from around MLB.
Baseball news, discussion, rumors, and stats from around MLB.

Celebrating God's Sovereign Grace: A discussion site.
A Christian site that focuses on Celebrating God's Sovereign Grace; the Supremacy of God; and the sufficiency of Christ, the Cross, and the Gospel. ...

Discussion with Chris Hughes on how the Obama campaign has used technology during DNC in Denver - Flickr ...
A documentary on Facebook airing on CNBC Jan 6, 2011 is using one of my photographs of Chris Hughes (who is interviewed) when he was working ...

Radicalisation: the tone of Muslim community discussion must change
Young Muslims can be sucked into extremism without their realising it.

"Why only two very similar voices for this issue. Where are the 5 or 6 perspectives that normally appear ...
"Did the Times previous editorial advocacy result in excluding women (or men) who have a differing perspective? Surely there are more than two ...