searching for a help system module

is the new dnn help system as module available? after the old (think the one by speerio) also never was published :(.
we really need such a module in our current project ... does someone know where to get the/ such a module?
0
bbhermann

bbbherman - I hear you - I've been racking my brain trying to work out what module I could use to sort of emulate a help / knowledgebase module so I can get my articles online in a manageable way - as my previous attempts have been rather dismal when it comes to managing it.

I spoke with Scott McCulloch last week - he believes he might be able to assist me in working the articles module of his to work in a similar format.

I've also been working with the willowtree knowledgebase module but there is a bug in it and it uses the old ftb editor still so that's not going to suit - and i have worked with the efficion articles module but found that didn't quite do as I wanted although it was a good module as well.

I've looked at sigmapro products - from http://www.onyaktech.com (hope that's right) but found it was more project based for me and task based and is possibly more likely more like a help based app. I know on snowcovered there's one too - but I haven't tried that - my money runs out trying all these things and finding they don't do the job..

So perhaps if there are some hidden gems we dont' know about - they could magically make their way back here.. so we could also learn more...

Nina Meiers

Nina Meiers

Free Skins & Containers by Nina Meies
0
xddg
9/30/2005 7:51:29 AM
if you read this blog post http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Community/Blogs/tabid/825/EntryID/166/Default.aspx, it seems all you have to do is wait till Philip Beadle returns to Australia...

cheers,

erik
Erik van Ballegoij, The Netherlands
0
ErikVB
9/30/2005 7:56:02 AM
That doesn't mean it will be available for sale - it's for the dnn site - from what I understood - but then again - I could be wrong.

Nina Meiers
Nina Meiers

Free Skins & Containers by Nina Meies
0
xddg
9/30/2005 8:04:29 AM
you are right... there is no talk about a public release... however, as far as i understand dotnetnuke subproject policies, all subprojects will be released under the BSD licence. Judging from this page: http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Default.aspx?tabid=850, there is nothing about this project being a private DNN project... so i assume it will be a public project.....

cheers,

erik
Erik van Ballegoij, The Netherlands
0
ErikVB
9/30/2005 8:13:26 AM
Erik - I stand corrected  - you are right - I hadn't seen that and so I asked Scott W and he's confirmed - that yes it's in the vault - not neatly packaged for public download so when Phil comes back then it will be a project.

Thanks for bringing this up and I can stop looking - I can't see how I could miss that - but I do remember it was a quick link and discussion before Phil went away and I've been busy getting my own work done.

Nina Meiers
Nina Meiers

Free Skins & Containers by Nina Meies
0
xddg
9/30/2005 8:21:35 AM
I tried one of the Help Desks off of Snowcovered.com. I am more than a little displeased at the bugs it has coming out of the box. These are game breaking can not deploy to a customer bugs. Be careful what you buy.
Steven Owens
SOwens Technologies...we make the net move
0
sowens
9/30/2005 12:10:04 PM
you might look at the CBC Content By Condition or whatever - you could build a good drill down type of help system with that

Its a thought

Dylan Barber
read my stupid blog http://codemypantsoff.com
Pants Optional!