one module to control another module

I would like to have one module that controls another module.  that is I want to have a list of things and then the user clicks on one of those things I want another module the image module or something that display an image with that thing.

I preferrabely would like to use the modules that come with dotnetnuke. Is there a way to accomplish this (to parameterize a module).
thanks,
dan
0
hungarianguy

....and in the darkness bind them.
0
evilbirdz
3/7/2005 8:43:32 PM
something like the link module but I do not want the navigation to the link to appear on a different page and i still want to have the links available.
0
hungarianguy
3/7/2005 8:49:03 PM
Inter module communication between modules in DNN? Nothing built in that I know of (unless they snuck something into DNN3 that I've missed). However it can be done. Kodhedz has a fairly good explanation of how to do it (I think, I've never tried to do it myself).
GMSS DNN
0
mikeh36
3/7/2005 8:56:40 PM
how about just the regular modules is there one module that display a list of links and let's you click at the links and has a different part where it displays what you have clicked.
0
hungarianguy
3/7/2005 8:58:12 PM
The Inter-Module Communication (IMC) system is built into DNN (and has been for some time) but none of the core built in modules currently use it.   The example at kodhedz does give a good example of how to use the built in interfaces however.
Jeremy White
Webstone, LLC
My DNN Blog
0
jwhite
3/7/2005 8:59:17 PM
You can achieve this by using XMod.

There are a few examples at this link
Leif
0
leiner
3/7/2005 9:01:31 PM
The module developer guide in the documentation folder gives a very good description and example.

Rick
Rick Hodder
http://www.rickhodder.com
0
rickhodder
3/8/2005 1:03:40 AM
Ive got a problem when I'm trying to use 1 module as module communicator while two others is listening for communicator. The compilation run well but after I load the page contain those 3 modules, I've got this message "The delegate must have only one target." So my conclusion up to now, is that this module communicator only works with only 1 listener.

Is my conclusion right?any suggestion?
0
funky81
3/8/2005 2:38:50 AM
Is it true that this IMC only works if we using only 1 communicator and 1 listener at 1 page? coz, i got this message when I tried to implement listener more than 1.

"The delegate must have only one target."
Can anyone clarify this? Thx
0
funky81
3/8/2005 2:48:15 AM
"The module developer guide in the documentation folder gives a very good description and example. "

I would argue strongly against this statement, i think the documentation on IMC in the developers guide is incomplete at best.
0
cusTom3
3/21/2005 8:09:12 PM
The manual describes how not to use it and briefly on what it's methods are.  But where is it.  that example would come in handy right about now.

One thing that was mentioned was that the data was shared via event bubbling.
Maybe that is the key.
0
jhenak
3/22/2005 10:52:50 PM
http://authors.aspalliance.com/bbilbro/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=1&tabid=7&ArticleID=6

Here is a good article on it
0
jhenak
3/23/2005 12:36:30 AM
This article seems to apply to IBuySpy, how applicable to DNN is it?
SquadEngine for game squad and clan hosting
GravityPoint for all other group portal hosting
TungstenTech: DNN Site
0
Nocturnal
3/23/2005 6:07:01 PM
When you finally find the right namespace it is correct.

DotNetNuke.Entities.Modules.Communications
Could be spelled wrong, use intellisense to verify.
It doesn't give specifics on dnn, and I ultimatley gave up. I could not seem to raise the Event, and would always get an object reference error. I'm using the oldschool URL Parameter method to pass data, ewe.
0
jhenak

Dot Net Nuke (DNN)
Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-b...

Navigating from one module to another module
Grettings, I am running into a little situation that I am hoping someone can give me a hand with. Currently I have 2 modules. Module A and Module B. Both consist of the base .ascx page and an edit.ascx page. What I would like to be able to do is have a linkbutton at the bottom of the Module A edit.ascx control, that links to Module B base .ascx control. Then on Module B .ascx you could follow the UI flow to the edit.ascx control of Module B. The problem I am encountering is this: NavigateURL does not seem to handle loading module instances that HAVE a moduledefid ...

DotNetNuke: How to view user control Module by giving control Key in module definition
 I'm not viewing the usercontrol page when I'm giving Control key name in the module definition. but its shows if not giving control key name.I want to navigate from one user control page to another page module..I've written the coding as shown in below.. Response.Redirect(Globals.NavigateURL(PortalSettings.ActiveTab.TabID, "ControlKeyValue", "mid=" + ModuleId.ToString())); Its showing blank page when I'm executed...can anyone help me to solve this problem..?Thanks in advance..!Muthupandian ...

Changing the Module control displayed from another module
What is the best way of changing the control shown by a module from another module?For example, having a module with a link called settings that causes the setting control to load on another module on the same page.  I don't believe the intermodule communication will work as the message is not available util the page_load event, which is after the system has determined and loaded a control already.Thanks...

Going from one Custom Module to Another Customer Module
I am having trouble going from one module to another module. My source module contains a calendar user control (Brainjar's better calendar).  In the day_render event of the calendar control, I add a label to each day and set the text property to an href tag: <a title="Drinks with John" href="http://localhost/DotNetNuke/TestPage/PrototypingEventListing/tabid/54/Default.aspx?itemID=54&status=calEvent">John </a> I am trying to leave the module with the calendar to go to another module's view control.  This link takes me to the view control of the new mod...

accessing one modules data from another module
Hi -Is there an easy way to access the DAL of one module from another module?or, to ask a more direct question:Is it possible to get a list of files uploaded to DNN from the file uploader without going into the DB directly? I don't SEE anything that leaps out and says "do it like this" and I'm relatively new to DNN module development in general (like a month - I'm just starting to get comfy with some of this stuff)...Any thoughts or pointers?Thanks!--woody--woodyC. Woody Butler You can get the file list with the following method: DotNetNuke.Common.Globals.GetFileList(/*some params*/) HTH...

modules, modules

Module in Module

Modules inside another modules
Hi! I'm trying to know if it's possible to have a module inside another module (graphically)... or does exists an editable "container module" which could contain another ones? Thanx, Cro www.snowcovered.com   has what you want ... look at 3.x new releases .. or somebody whill post the exact name ... Like this? http://www.snowcovered.com/snowcovered2/Default.aspx?tabid=166&CatalogItemID=1441UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not! Hi, I have just such a module at http://www.dnnstuff.com/  Richard EdwardsAvail...

Accessing a module from another module
HI, I have two modules on a tab. One module is the navigation module written by me and the other is the XML/XSL standard module from the examles. I want to be able to select a particular combination of XML/XSL files depending on the navigation by the user. It it possible to do this ? Thanks Rohit one way: use cookies. give every page a response.cookies["NavXML"].value = x; where x = int id# of what ever xml thing you want to display. then do an if / then statement to display the xml. if (request.cookies["NavXML"] == 1) { show xmlcombo1 ...

want to call one c#.net function in one user control from another user control
hi i have two user controls info.ascx and personal.ascx i have a function like in info.ascx i have a function like showdetails() {   } now i want to access this function from personal.ascx can i do this ? thanks in advance. shwetaThanksshwetaIn a day when don't come across any problem -you can be sure that you are traveling in wrong path  you should better create a class where you will define the "functions" that you need in both files. declare "static" the function and call it like nameofclass.nameoffunction In a web project you can...

DNN: Switch from one page to another inside a module control
If one module have some control then i know how to switch from the inside of one control to another by keeping other area same. But if one control have more than one page, then I'm not finding any way to move from one page to another page, but still I will in the same control. See below for more details: I have one file Setup.ascx and another file Display.ascx. So when user will click "Add"(some key) from top left corner of the module then "Setup.ascx" control will appear and when user will click one button from "Setup.ascx" page then this area will r...

Slider control not rendering on DotNetNuke module control
Dear friendsI'm developing a website using DotNetNuke and asp.net and using a Slider control of the latest source there. I'm phacing a problem that its not rendering when I run the website. Here is a code: <ajaxToolkit:SliderExtender ID="SliderExtender1" runat="server" BehaviorID="Slider1" BoundControlID="Slider1_BoundControl" Maximum="100" Minimum="-100" Steps="5" TargetControlID="Slider1"> </ajaxToolkit:SliderExtender> <asp:Label ID="Slider1_BoundCont...

Two Module views for one module
I have a DNN 2.0.4 module which has one single module view and one edit view. I already upgrade it to DNN 3.0. Now, I want to enhancet further by adding a new view module to it, so I can have the option to choose which view module to be shown on my home page, or I might show them both. Is it possible to make both views exist in one module difintion ? and they both use the same edit module ? Fayez Mutairi Saudi Aramco I have been campaianing for this for a while (http://forums.asp.net/916913/ShowPost.aspx) To me it makes perfect sense because I have this setup (in real life ex...

Web resources about - one module to control another module - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Otway fire still out of control but no threat to Falls Festival
Firefighters are battling to contain an out-of-control Great Otway National Park fire ahead of an expected hot and windy weather spike on Christmas ...

Review: Sugr Cube, the cute wooden portable AirPlay speaker with gesture controls
... rarer, pretty ones even rarer and the Sugr Cube goes one step further in its bid to stand out from the crowd: it offers gesture-based control. ...

You can control this family’s Christmas lights over the Internet
... Horrible disaster waiting to happen? You be the judge. You've never met Ken or Rebecca-Ellen and you probably never will. But you can control ...

This is how Amazon is taking control of delivery – and taking it away from UPS
As Amazon searches for ways to speed up delivery, the company this year made big strides toward cutting out the middle man and establishing a ...

The 10 Dumbest Gun Control Political Cartoons of 2015
Perhaps not just 2015. Maybe the dumbest of all times . Say, you mean stricter gun control laws will stop terrorism? No one tell the 300+ victims ...

You can control this family's Christmas lights over the internet and the results are mesmerising
... as they see fit. Visitors are greeted with a live webcam of the Fairbanks, Alaska house — pictured above — as well as a bank of controls for ...

Afghan officials: Key district besieged by Taliban still under state control
"Taliban rumors that they have captured the district are not true," says local official trapped for 3 days before government reinforcements arrived ...

Fox 'News' Blabbers Outraged Over 'Liberal' NBA Gun-Control Ad
It seems pretty political to one of Outnumbered's hosts, Andrea Tantaros, that the NBA would dare make an ad sponsored by gunsense advocate, ...

NBA Stars Come Out In Support Of Gun Control
NBA Stars Come Out In Support Of Gun Control