No Communications from DotNetNuke... where to get the software?

Who do you have to bribe to get a copy of the software?  I joined
their membership to be able to download DotNetNuke and have been
waiting quite a while for what I assumed would be an automated response
with the account verification.  I still can't get the softare and
still can get the program.

I'm a nat's whisker from walking away completely.  I mean, if they can't reliably get a new member signed up and the software distributed, what kind of Customer Service to they have and will have if I ever DO get the software.

Add to that, I spent the $50 for the unlimited downloads from TrainCert.net to learn the DotNetNuke programming... not that any of it is helpful WITHOUT the software.

I'm obviously a little frustrated. No email reply, no phone call, nothing... I'm just swinging in the breeze our here.

Any suggestions?

GoPC

0
GoPC

You could just download it directly from SourceForge.

Ryan

Ryan Olshan
ASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET
http://ryanolshan.com

How to ask a question
0
StrongTypes
6/1/2006 10:55:10 PM

GoPC - I would say you're one of the lucky ones - Like ME - (core team member) who's mail server has blocked mail from maximum asp - it's been very frustrating for alot of people who are in the same situation of not getting email - It happens periodically - but I'm still trying to work out which email addres to use.

It happens from time to time.. and I know even with my own mail server for my clients - and it's EXTREMELY frustrating.

But you've got a link now so you should be set.

Nina Meiers

Nina Meiers

Free Skins & Containers by Nina Meies
0
xddg
6/1/2006 11:14:13 PM

GoPC:
[...]

GoPc, if you mean public downloads they're all on the downloads page .If you're a benefactor who gets early access, you can find the details in the benefactors release discussion forum

Cathal

0
cathal
6/2/2006 7:13:30 PM
Hi

Try this link http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=77052 for direct download
0
IndianGuru
6/3/2006 8:48:52 AM

You may just have been caught in the email issues they recently had. Check out the note at:

http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Community/ForumsDotNetNuke/tabid/795/forumid/65/threadid/29950/scope/posts/Default.aspx

Don't walk away. It's a nice product, but plan on spending some time getting to learn it!

- J

0
John