New Portal Always Redirects to Default DotNetNuke Portal. Please Help...

I recently moved my portal up to WebHost4Life.com

Everything has seemed pretty smooth, but I recently tried creating a new portal www.newportal.com (just an example). But when I try to go to that url in IE or FireFox, it keeps redirecting me to the default portal. I know the domain is correct because I placed an image in the images directory and was able to browse to that image and it displays.

I'm currently using 3.1.0.

What preventing my aliases from working?

Please help.

Thanks.
DJ

0
dedjer

For a new domain www.newportal .com you need to create an application in wh4L control panel which is $15/year.

Does it work with sub-domains ex www.yourportal.com/newportal  ?

Cheers

Leif
0
leiner
7/11/2005 6:26:52 AM
Actually all other domains and sub-domains work without having to pay extra. WH4L allows for unlimited domains and sub-domains.

Today I was able to create new portals and they redirected no problem. I wonder if the server was just acting flaky last night.

Who knows.

0
dedjer

Error-Creating Portal: DotNetNuke Default Portal
When I put out my DNN3.0.11 on the virtual sapces,I can't creat default portal,which error got from Installation Status Report. Am i have'n got the power to create the folder? Can i creat portal by manual? Thank you for your help....

Need some help please
 I can not create new portals no-matter the "template". This is an updated site from 3.0.10 to 3.0.12. I also can not access several other "Empty" portals on this install. Errors as follows. I could really use some help on this. Thanks! Server Error in '/' Application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object refere...

DOTNETNUKE integration with other portal technologies such as WebSphere portal
Does anyone know if there is anyway a portlet (WebSphere Portal - WSP) and module (DOTNETNUKE - DNN) be used seamlessly across the 2 portal technologies?  Does DNN support WSRP or JSR168 standards?  I work for a company that has introduced both DNN and   WSP.  We are now considering which technology should persist or can both.  Thank you for your comments. I think they're two different types.  That will limit the interoperability.  You can certainly customize some web services, or simply IFrame each portal's content in the other...  If...

Question about portal aliases (redirecting to default portal)
I have just installed and started working with DotNetNuke 3.1.1 and have two different portals I am trying to create and have the following issue with Portal Aliases.  Occasionally when I add a portal alias it appears not to work and instead when I go to that alias it redirects me to the Default DotNetNuke 3.1.1 portal (which I have not changed since installation).  I've ensured that IIS has virtual directories that corospond to those aliases and that they are pointing to the DotNetNuke 3.1.1 installation directory.  I have tried removing the aliases and readding them a number...

new parent portals redirect to main portal. Why?
I have a server that has many domains (separated by name not IP) on it and I am tiring to share one DNN install base across many different domains.  What is weird is that this worked for 2 of my domains then after that all the others I tired to add redirect back to the first domain I installed DNN on. This is what I have running on 3.0.12 www.siteA.com/DNN --->d:\DNN ----- Parent site --- WORKS ---First one I installed. Not the IIS Root site just the first one I installed DNN on. www.johnsite.com/DNN --->d:\DNN ----- Parent site --- WORKS  --- separate ...

New to DotNetNuke
I am having some trouble setting this up. The following message appears in the browser (http://localhost/dotnetnuke)Please help. Brian Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: ? Source Error: Line 196:    <add assembly="System.Enterp...

Going to a sub portal always redirects to the root portal
Whenever I try and visit a sub-portal, I always get redirected to my main portal. Let me explain...I successfully got DNN 3.1 up and running next to my DNN 2.1.2 installation. That is, I have a single web site at my hosting company called WWW.MYSITE.COM. All of my client domains have aliases that point to this directory "web site" on my server. Under this directory I have a DNN 2.1.2 (WWW.MYSITE.COM/DNN212) installation and a DNN 3.1 installation (WWW.MYSITE.COM/DNN31). I've set it up this way because my hosting company's DNS servers point all URL aliases to WWW...

New DotNetNuke Portal Dashboard Module
We are proud to announce our latest module creation, the Portal Dashboard. Have you ever wished you could easily keep track of all the vital statistics about your portals including numbers of users, top pages, top affiliates and much more?  Or, how about define your own queries to capture statistics about your portal?  On top of all of that, wouldn't it be great to be able to save snapshots of the statistics and export them to excel over time?  All that and much more is now possible with our latest module, the Portal Dashboard.  Key features include: Includes over 30 s...

Dotnetnuke portal
Hi, Can someone describe/ give a definition of what a dotnetnuke portal is/ does?? redmike55 Hi Redmike55 Check out this section "Introduction" on the dotnetnuke site. Leigh PointerUser Group Champion » Evangelising DotNetNuke Everywhere « By the way , the dotnetnuke.com site has taken a giant step forward with the latest updates. Jan O Jan O www.olsmar.com Has the description changed? DNN is now a content management system .. and it mentions nothing about being a portal system. Maybe it has always been that way. If not, that concerns m...

New Release: BGI SCORM LMS Portal v2.5.0 - New Certification Manager with WYSIWYG Certificate Designer
Brisinger Group, Inc. is very pleased to announce the release version 2.5.0 of its award winning DotNetNuke (DNN) Integrated SCORM Learning Management System (LMS) - BGI SCORM LMS.  Version 2.5.0 is a major mile stone for the LMS with a number of great new enhancements and a new certification management module which includes a WYSIWYG Certificate Designer, the ability to assign certificates to successfully completed courses and exams with a PDF Download of the certificate for printed certificate.  Below is a list of the updates, enhancements, and additions to this new version of t...

dotnetnuke parent portal Creating Help Required
Hi Guys I Have develope a portal using dotnetnuke CMS, I have make my portal the child of dotnetnuke portal,Now i want to make my portal as a parent portal(from child to parent).How can I do that,and also tell me how can I upload my portal(I mean which file to be upload besides database). Plz help me Guys.Thank in Advance, take care all of u. Waiting ur response. imho, very easy. Add an additional portal alias. If its not where it should be, make a template of it. Go to host >> portals to do this. This creates a dnn / template file for you. Upload this to the ~/po...

dotnetnuke portal alias adding help required
Hi guys i have develope a child portal with the Name "cui" under dotnetnuke.I access my portal with the url "http://localhost/dotnetnuke/cui/default.aspx".I have also added two alias for my Portal which arelocalhost/dotnetnuke/cuilocalhost/cuiCan I access it with different Url like the followinghttp://localhost/cui/default.aspxhow can I do that.Plz help me guys.it is very urgent.Looking ur responses. Thank in advance.take care,Bye. I'm no expert, but I don't think this will work because the way IIS (or any web server) handles the http header.  In your situation, dotnetnuke web ap...

Dotnetnuke parent portal creating help required
hi Guys I Have develope a portal using dotnetnuke CMS, I have make my portal the child of dotnetnuke portal,Now I want to make my portal as a parent portal(from child to parent).How can i do that,and also tell me how can i upload my portal(i mean which file to be upload besides database). Plz help me Guys.thank in Advance, take care all of u. Waiting ur response. Hi, You may have gotten a better response if you posted in the getting started forum.I'm not sure if I understand your questions 100% so fogive me if my answers don't fit.Child to parent - Simply go to the admin setting ...

New to DotNetNuke and am having major install problems. Please help.
  I keep on getting the same error and for the life of me i cannot figure out what i am doing wrong. I go to "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files and there is no \root\ file.  Can someone please help me. This is the error from the page. Server Error in '/' Application. Access to the path "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\3075c8b2\50ae88e3" is denied. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information a...

Web resources about - New Portal Always Redirects to Default DotNetNuke Portal. Please Help... - asp.net.dotnetnuke

DotNetNuke CMS Is Now DNN Evoq
DNN Evoq available in the cloud via Windows Azure

DotNetNuke Brings Open Source Social To Windows
Social features added to both the commercial and free community editions of the open source content management system for the Microsoft.NET platform. ...

Winner and Still Champ, DotNetNuke
By popular demand, DotNetNuke, which built an open source empire on the Microsoft .Net platform

DotNetNuke: An Open-Source CMS ... For Microsoft Web Sites
Version 7.0 of DotNetNuke, an open-source content-management system that you've probably never heard of, is now released and bringing enterprise-level ...

DotNetNuke acquires software firm iFinity to beef up its Web content management platform
DotNetNuke (DNN), the Silicon Valley company behind a popular Web content management platform for Microsoft .NET, this morning announced that ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

Harrison Jones - LinkedIn
View Harrison Jones's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Harrison ...

Talk:Web application framework - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If I may be so bold , this article would benefit from a total rewrite; in its current form the article provides little information and, I suspect, ...

Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > Home
Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club LORDS RACEWAY IMAGE GALLERY All the colour and ...

Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > Home
Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club VICTORY FOR ARCHIE Star striker scores first ...