MS SQL Server to MS Access

I have DNN 3.x working with MS SQL Server.  Is there a prescribed way of converting to MS Access?
0
CJCody

Currently,  there is no DataProvider for MS Access from DNN Core Sad [:(]
0
IndianGuru

MS Access SQL migration to MS SQL Server TSQL
got some MS Access SQL Code that needs converting into TSQL: SELECT dbo_qryMyServices.FormsServiceID, dbo_qryMyServices.ServiceName, Sum(IIf(IsNull([CompletionDate]),0,1)) AS Completed, Count([pkServiceID])-Sum(IIf(IsNull([CompletionDate]),0,1)) AS Uncompleted, Count(dbo_MyServiceRequests.pkServiceID) AS TotalCount FROM dbo_qryMyServices LEFT JOIN dbo_MyServiceRequests ON dbo_qryMyServices.FormsServiceID = dbo_MyServiceRequests.PostType GROUP BY dbo_qryMyServices.FormsServiceID, dbo_qryMyServices.ServiceName ORDER BY dbo_qryMyServices.ServiceName; because it's Access and got V...

MS SQL Server 2005 to MS Access
Hello...I have one big problem with this kit: my hoster doesn't provide a MS SQL database support so i can't even try this example. It is possible to convert SQL Server database (mdf) to MS Access database (mdb)??  It's not easy to migrate this particular kit over to Access, as it relies on stored procedures, which Access doesn't support.  That means you would have to re-write the DAL at the very least.  You can replicate the basic stored procs as saved queries, but anything that returns a value, or contains any type of control of flow code (such as if... els...

MS Access, MS SQL Express, MS SQL when you should use wich version?
Hi, I'm planning to make a website for a in first part a small user group. There needs to displayed some data in the database.But because the hostings party advices Acces.I like MS SQL Express more, because the size of the visitors is getting very big. The meaning of the project is to make a big website for the complete country. But i can use Access, it works, but does anyone know till how much visitors you can use access, and MS SQL Express ?Of course MS SQL is very nice, but its also very heavy to get a licence.The website is made for free and we need to run it in spare time, also for...

MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000
We are migrating from MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000. We are using a Native connections and would like to know if there are any issues that we should be aware to do this correctly. TIA Adam Shepherd Are you sure about that? I have not experienced (or heard of) that kind of problem w/ 7.0. There are many other reasons why a table san is performed, but I don't think a numeric data type would cause it... Or are you talking about the PB problem of sending an Integer as 1. -- Kim Berghall Sisu Group, Inc. remove no_spam. no_spam.kberghall@sisugrp.com www.sisugrp...

Converting an OLE object from MS Access To MS SQL Server
I'm need to either: 1. access a OLE object (MS Word Doc) in MS Access. 2. convert an OLE object (MS Word Doc) in MS Access to MS SQL Sever. I've been having little luck with either. Any good suggestions or alternatives. Thanks In Advance, Mark S. Hi Ya Mark - I'm still plugging away here at the Access Group. Is your problem that you can't open the object from within Access? If not, perhaps you don't have the right MS software installed. I have had some problems opening Word95 docs that have been saved in Access from my Word97 PC. Is ...

Sybase SQL Anywhere, MS SQL Server 7, & MS Win2K Server
Can Sybase SQL Anywhere (or Adaptive Server Anywhere) and Microsoft SQL Server 7 run together on Microsoft Windows 2000 Server? ...

Migrating DotNetNuke 2.1.2 from MS Access to MS SQL
Hello, I've been using DNN for a while now and I've used it with MS Access data provider. Now I want to migrate to MS SQL Server 2000 without losing data and I don't know how to do that - after exportind Access database to SQL Server and changing the DefaultDataProvider DNN shows up as newly installed - without skins and any other content. Any suggestions? I could not find anything in the forums on specifics on how to do this, but this is how I did it. 1. Create a new blank database in SQL Server (i.e. DotNetNuke1) 2. Use DTS to import all tables and data from the access f...

(RAM) ms access ole object to MS SQL Server blob
Environment: MS Access 2.0 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Powerbuilder 8.02 Windows XP Problem: 1. I am trying to pipe data from an table that is in Access 2.0 into another table on MS SQL Server 2000. Although I have unique keys in the table and there is a blob defined in the SQL Server 2000 table the menu item that allows you to add blob fields to your pipeline is never available so I decided to write embedded sql data to update the blob data fields with the data in the MS Access table. 2. Okay so now I have the following script as a window function but when the selec...

Export, import of data between SQL SERVER and MS Excel, MS Access through code
Dear All, I am trying to export data from sql server 2000 to MS Excel 2007 and also to import data from EXcel to Sql Server 2000 using DTS. I searched the Internet but all the articles is about using the wizard. I want to Invoke the DTS API and do the job. How to invoke the DTS API in order to do this? Is using DTS the best method especially when it comes to exporting/Importing bulk records ie about 2,00,000 records in a single shot. Similarly I need to do export/import between SQL server 2000 and MS Access 2007. Pls suggest the best method to do this so that the solution can handle bul...

Paging records in SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2000, MS Access and MySQL
As a Web developer, you should know by now that using the default paging capabilities of ASP.NET Webcontrols like  DataGrid and GridView is NOT recommended, simply because with every roundtrip to the data-server, you get ALL the records ALL of the time. This is fine perhaps for very small databases (the kind, say, a Microsoft programmer would use to develop a new feature), but in the real, ugly world outside, databases tend to have tables with several tenthousands of records. Hence the need for custom paging in a WebControl. Custom paging poses 2 problems : How to get a page of re...

PB 6.5, MS SQL Server 7.0 and MS Access 97
Since we installed MS SQL Server 7.0 (which updated our Data Access Drivers), we are no longer able to reference Access 97 from PowerBuilder. I get an error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range Any idea what might be going on? Thanks, Cliff Different ODBC drivers are not compatible. There is an updated ODBC patch for PB 6.5 on the SDN, that might solve your problem. Else you'll probably have to reinstall Access 97 (and risk braking SQL Server 7). -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Cliff Koehler wrote in message <3Cb...

Help with obtaining MS SQL Server and MS Access license for new hosting operation
Hello Everyone,We're in the process of starting a new web hosting business for the ASP.NET and Classic ASP marketplace.We're confused as to how to acquire MS SQL Server 2000 and MS Access 2000 licenses.  We want to offer our customers the choice between using MS Access or MS SQL Server.  Can we just buy MS Access and use it or is there a specific license under the SPLA?Any information to help our research will be really appreciated.Thanks.Anthony. Can we just buy MS Access and use it or is there a specific license under the SPLA?You need to do NOTHING for access. Access RUNTIME (...

Web resources about - MS SQL Server to MS Access - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Price Drop: MyAudioStream Pro UPnP audio player and streamer: gather your music collection from your ...
MyAudioStream Pro UPnP audio player and streamer: gather your music collection from your PC, NAS, UPnP servers, Windows Media Player or iTunes ...

Intel Rising; Street Likes Stable Outlook; Server Cracks Appear
... ( MU ) might not move fast enough with the “ 3D Xpoint ” technology the two are developing. Some cracks are appearing in Intel’s server market ...

Dell announces Datacenter Scalable Solutions server line
In an effort to expand its share of the server market, Dell has announced today that it will be launching a new line of servers targeting companies ...

Bloodborne servers taken down for 'emergency maintenance'
An exploit and other "serious issues" have been detected.

Latest Windows Server 2016 beta shows off Microsoft's new containers
Microsoft launched the fourth technical preview for the next version of Windows Server on Thursday, giving the public access to its new Hyper-V ...

Senator Wonders If Hillary Is Covering Legal Expenses For Tech Firm That Managed Her Email Server
Senator Wonders If Hillary Is Covering Legal Expenses For Tech Firm That Managed Her Email Server

Quanta, Wiwynn see more orders from server clients for 2016
Quanta Computer and Wiwynn, a server subsidiary of Wistron, are expected to land more cloud server orders from their clients in 2016 as Internet ...

Server Files Sexual Harassment Complaint Against Pigalle Restaurant
... restaurant Pigalle is being accused of sexual harassment by a waitress , who says that management implied her jeans were "too much." The server ...

System Vendors Unveil ARM-Based Server Offerings
At SC 15, five companies announce servers running on Cavium's ThunderX SoCs, while Applied Micro announces new interconnect for its X-Gene chips. ...