Module to Module Communication

Does anyone have an example of how to implement module-module communication/event handling using DNN2?

I have tried to look through the portal code and try to figure it out for myself but not much luck :)

Tom Gruszowski
email: [MyUserName]@hotmail.com
0
tntomek

To answer my own question I found the following link. Any other resources and solid examples that anyone else would like to share?

http://xpdit.com/DeskTopDefault.aspx?tabid=1&BookID=13&ChapterID=69&PageID=242
Tom Gruszowski
email: [MyUserName]@hotmail.com
0
tntomek
4/22/2004 5:31:17 PM
I seem to remember an example on kodhedz.net
Matt Fraser
DotNetNuke Core Team
Liquid Platinum Technologies
LoanWeb
4Insurance
4Homes
0
liquidpt

modules, modules

Module in Module

Minimize module after inter module communication
Hi there, I want to have a  module which fires an intermodule communication event an collapses itself to minimize after that (or just before, in any case in the roundrtrip to the server). Something like a module for searching records > finding a record (showing in grid) > click by user on a specific record > onItemCommand grid fire module communication (other module on page takes over functionality) and collpase itself. that's the idea. Anyone? Thanks Walaca Nobody did this before? Can't believe it.... really nobody did a programmatically collpase (minimize/maximize)&...

Module Communicator & Module Listener
I all I have download and installed the DNN module template from Vicenç Masanas's website. I was able to use this template and created new module without any problem. I have noticed that there are two control templates one called Module Communicator, and the other one called Module Listener. Would someone please let me know what are some of the case one would use these template for? If these two template was to communicate to one another do they have to be in the same module? The bottom line is what are some of the benifits for using these two control templates? Thanks, Alan ...

What Module is DotnetNuke.com using for DNN3 modules?
The module used for the 3rd party DotNetNuke3 Modules is nice (needs a lot of improvement still, but worlds beyond what is "stock" ), and I would certainly like the opportunity to play with it a bit and consider it for my sites, however I can't figure out what they are using! Shawn: When you use a third party module on the dotnetnuke site, you should probably add a tag line IDing it to the bottom of it so that the rest of us can check it out! Thanks. That is Patrick Santry's Resource Directory Manager. I'm not sure what Patrick's plan are with this module in the future or ...

IMC/Communicating with Skin Modules from Standard Module
Is there any way to implement IMC with a skin module. Proper architecture would suggest that you implement the menu in a skin and not a module control. There is a requirement that a module must be able to communicate with the menu. Is there any way to implement this using if the Menu is in the skin? Or does the Menu have to be removed and placed in the tab? I tried adding the inheritance of IMC Listen to the Manue Skin module with no success. fyi... The wonderful KH skin allows for some very nice placement customizations. These should be included in core DNN (http://www.dnnski...

Hi how to combine .Net module and Java module?
Hi,   I have developed two modules one in ASP.Net 2.0 and another one in Java technologies, so how to combine both of these into one. Is there any technology for doing so?ThanksVishwanath  Well, not much as an expert in Java, but i came upon this article, and i guess it will help a lot http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=23883 Cheers !!!RegardsRamzi--------------------------------------------Dont Forget to mark the post as answered once replied. Hi, Also have a look at infoq.com there you will find articles related to ASP.net and Java combination...

Load module into module...
Is it possible to load a module into another module? I'm thinking in particular of the Internal Links Module available @ www.cortinc.com I use this module a lot and with a few enhancements it has served me well, however it has one flaw...each link only allows html data...because it is just a holder that loads the html from the db. It would be a great enhancement to be able to add other modules to these links i.e. announcements, news, pictures etc but they would in effect have to be loaded into another module. Any thoughts would be appreciated on how I should approach this or whether it...

Modules Containing Modules
I have no idea if this is possible or not, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Basically, what I need is a module container that can hold other modules. The reason is because on some views within my portal site, I need to have multiple regions (i.e. links, static text/html). I'm sure I can create different modules for specific scenarios, but this happens A LOT, so I'm hoping there's already something doing it. I have yet to dig into building my first module, so it may not even be a big deal. Has anyone attempted this before? If so, are there any public tools already published that I'...

A Module inside a Module ??
Hi DNN Community, I've developed a DNN module (let's call it module X) which is included in my DNN website as a private assembly. However, I'l like to add a scrolling marque usercontrol to my module X. As a start, I purchased a scrolling marquee module from snowcovered which works great as a stand alone module. However, I'd like to modify this module so it fits into my module X. Can anyone explain to me how to do this, and if there is any source code available where I could see how this is done. Thanks in advance, Brad How about putting a placeholder control in your module X then...

How to load modules into modules
Title says it all. I want to load (custom) modules within a custom module. But I havent the slightest idea how to do that. Any suggestions? thx Like this: Dim _MyControl as _MyControl _MyControl = CType(Me.LoadControl("MyControl .ascx"), MyControl) ParentControl.Controls.Add(_MyControl) Leigh PointerUser Group Champion » Evangelising DotNetNuke Everywhere « The method LoadControl works, if your loaded custom module doesn't need do raise PostbackEvents :-( If you need that... Than this way is impossible for you. I will post how to do it right in...

sub modules, loading custom modules into a parent module
GreetingsI am creating a support system module which will require the ability to add sub modules. For example, there is an admininstrators section in which suport requests are administered, anwsered, solved etc.There is to be another function in the admin section of the support module in which admins can upload a new support form template module, ie, say an admin wants to set up a form for users to lodge a request for new hardware, the form will display all required fields, graphics, validation etc for that request. Another support form template might be to have a new user set up on the acti...

Modules within Modules
I purchaced the Internal Link Navigation from Snowcovered a while back and have modified it so I can insert user controls in the child-level pages. However, if I try to insert a IBS module, it returns an error because the IBS modules use desktopcontols.vb to pull properties for the module from the database and I haven't set that up properly. When I look at the code in tablayout.aspx.vb I have a hard time sorting through it. Any ideas? Do you want to post your mods to Internal Link Navigation - I have done a fair bit of work with that so may be able to help Or email the code to me Dav...

To module or not to module that is the question
Howdy List,=20 Bit of a quandry here. I have a script that does everything it's supposed to. It's basically like this: ---------------------- Configuration variables here: Program flow here with a single print statement after=20 it figures out what it's doing based on the configuration and user = input. ------------------ Now I need to use this same script lots of times so I already have = differen configurations saved as different modules then in the script = all I have to do is: ------------ In One.cgi: use Special::One; # this brings in all the configuar...

Web resources about - Module to Module Communication - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Communication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
) is the activity of conveying information through the exchange of ideas, feelings, intentions, attitudes, expectations, perceptions or commands, ...

VoIP Business, VoIP Technology, VoIP Security - Fierce Enterprise Communications
Visit FierceVoIP for the latest updates in VoIP business, unified communications, VoIP technology, mobile VoIP, VoIP security and more VoIP news. ...

Mobile News Online - The UK's leading mobile communication industry news site
This month, thousands of students will be starting university for the first time. Some will need new phones. Mystery Caller is on the case to ...

Apple Taps Grey's Tor Myhren to Lead Marketing Communications
Tor Myhren, Grey Worldwide chief creative officer and New York president, will be leaving the agency to join Apple as its VP-marketing communications, ...

Importance of Communication with Backers of Your Project
Issue that many consumers face when backing up the project that is still in development is the lack of communication from company's side, where ...

Hillary's communications director Jen Palmieri sounded utterly terrified facing questions from George ...
Palmieri should have been perfectly prepared. She's the communications director so she should be an ace at communications. She knew the precise ...

Uber hired a new director of communications from Google, and she's cleaning house
A second round of layoffs has hit Uber's communications and policy team, Business Insider has learned. Combined with an earlier round of layoffs ...

Communication is a problem that can’t be fixed
... you’d like to make the most of in the coming year. I’ll bet that one of the things that just crossed your mind was fixing “the communication ...

A Worthy Replacement For The Electronic Communications Privacy Act
The Email Privacy Act seems to be a welcome step forward in protecting our privacy without hobbling law enforcement

Adelphia Communications Founder Seeks Early Prison Release For Medical Reasons
Imprisoned Adelphia Communications founder John Rigas is seeking an early release for medical reasons. The 91-year-old Rigas was sentenced to ...