Migrating from source version to install version of DOTNETNUKE

Hi all,

I have 3 dotnetnuke sites which are running on the DotNetNuke Source package (Version 3.2.2).Each of these sites has its own set of folders(DotNetNuke folders) and the respective databases. Now i would like to migrate them to the Install package.

I wanted to know as to how i can do this without disrupting the existing functionality of these sites.It would be very helpful if someone who has already tried this can give the exact approach to be followed.

Thanks in advance.

0
dotnetdudette

The easiest way would be to install the install version into a new folder pointing to a temporary DB, then install all the modules that you have on your current live version into this new version.

Make a backup of your current DB (just in case).

Then copy your web.config from the live version to the new install version folder.

This will connect your new install version site to your current DB which should run smoothly if all the modules are installed.

This way, you will still have your source version folder if you need to copy anything else over, and a copy of your old DB just in case things don't go as smoothly as they should.

John M.

DotNetNuke Module for Performance
0
J7Mitch
4/25/2006 3:16:22 PM

Hi J7Mitch,

Thanks a lot.I followed your steps and the sites work just fine.

Thanks again. :)

0
dotnetdudette

(Screenshots) My experience installing the source version of DotNetNuke 4
Here is my experience installing a fresh copy of the source version of DotNetNuke 4. This is for installing the "source version" not the "install version"(because you do want to make modules and give back to the community, right?). 1. Download "DotNetNuke 4 Source" from DotNetNuke.com 2. Unzip it to "C:\Inetpub\Dotnetnuke4" 3. (and here is why I decided to post this because all of this is not obvious) First I have to install ASP.NET 2.0 (if it is not already installed, then reboot my machine) Next I have to go into IIS server configuration I Right-Click on "Default Web Site" an...

how to create an install version from source-code version?
hi all: I modified something in the source version, and I want to build a deployment version from it.what effect I want is like the install version offerred in www.dotnetnuke.comI do not want put the behind code to server.I have tried to make a web install project in visualstudio.net, but after building, I just got a .exe file without the UI part code.please tell me how to get a correct web install version.  thanks!   I just can create a install file for the project dotnetnuke. but it failed. you can use the nant build scripts. ...

Has DotNetNuke only a VB version? Whether a C# version?
I want to use DNN build a Portal. But I'm good at C# instead of VB. So I'm searching a C# version. And, is there any other good FREE and OPEN SOURCE Kit for a Portal? Except IBuySpy Portal. Thank you. check rainbow...a couple of forums down form this one..... for c# check DotNetNuke.dk for how to write modules in C# Bert You can also, take what's in DNN, and develop your own modules using whatever language suits you. The great thing about this ASP.Net framework is that it does not limit a developer to a language, and neither does DNN. It would be great to hear about other dev...

.NET 2.0 version of Dotnetnuke?
So, is there any word on when a .NET 2.0 version of DotNetNuke will be released? Sometime after .NET 2.0 is released.-Tony ValentiPowerDNN Hosting is the bestEliminate DNN Startup Lag...

Problem Installing DotNetNuke Version 3.1.0
Hello to everybody, I am very new on DNN and I have a problem at the very beginning, yhat is installation.What I have done step by step is;1. First I downlod the DNN 3.1.0 and extract.2.Then rename the folder as "SAGENET" and copy it to the wwwroot under c:\inetpub3. Open the IIS manager and do right click on the "SAGENET" folder to access the properties. After that I create an application named "SAGENET" again.4.Then I open the security properties of the "SAGENET" folder from the c:\inetpub\wwwroot and add ASPNET acoount with full control on that folder.5.After that I open the SQL Serv...

Error:....database 'DotNetNuke' cannot be opened because it is version 611. This server supports version 607 and earlier.
Anyone have any ideas on this one. searched the forum but didn't see it. thanksMark ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProviderSystem.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The database 'DotNetNuke' cannot be opened because it is version 611. This server supports version 607 and earlier....

Open Source Project: Join team to finish existing C# version of DotNetNuke
Hi all, I have a complete working private portal that is more or less a C# version of DotNetNuke V 1.x . I am not saying it is a clone of DNN, it is really the best of my ideas and all the best ideas and modules from DNN combined into one. It is similar to DNN, but also has some differences. Recently I have been toying with the idea of opening it up and creating an open source project/community around it. I know that many people have inquired about c# versions of DNN and I don't think DNN really wants to manage two branches of the project. Also the DNN guy is a VB guy. I wa...

Migration from .net Version 1.4 to .net 2005
Hello sir, I am a beginner in .net programming, i have a problem pls help me to sort out this the question is given below. A web application developed using c#.net version 1.4 while converting this application into .net 2005, what happens to "project name.DLL" and "projectname.PDB", Is this file not required Thanks in advance alex malayil   Hi Alex, By default with VS 2005 Web Site Projects, a projectname.dll file isn't created when you do a build.  Instead, you should select the Build->Publish Web Site menu option to compile and generate a built solution. Hope this ...

DotNetNuke C# Version
Hi, Where can i find DotNetNuke C# Version? Thank you in Advance.. Take Care, Pravin.Best Regards,PravinMCSD.NET [C#] Pravin, There no C# version of the DNN core framework. Modules however can be written in C#. Check out this thread view post 278045.Josh Weinstein DNNSkins.com 4Birckhead Consulting Services Oh oh, here we go again... ;-)...

old version of dotnetnuke?
Our website was built using the 2002-2005 version of dotnetnuke.  Nowadays at the DNN website the directions, tutorials, etc., look totally different.  I was asked to use image as a background for text in a module.  So I have 2 questions:  Is there a way to access old documentation and tutorials?  OR does anyone know how to do this in old fashioned terms?  Thanks!Stansburg Do you know the version number for your DotNetNuke?  There were quite a number of versions released between 2002 and 2005, so a version number would really help.  If you go ...

upgrade from 4.0.1 install version to 4.0.2 install version, how?
Hi, I have a workable, clean 4.0.1 installed version of DNN running and am trying to upgrade to 4.0.2. i tried to follow the instruction on the documentation unzip the DNN_402_Install and put in corresponding directory in 4.0.1's website, run up the website and upgrade it. but it keeps hung up on the upgrade screen and going nowhere.  what files exactly should i extract and place in where, any special commands for running this upgrade? thank you very much in advance.  ...

having 2 version
Name: elvio Email: elviojrathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: having 2 version - english version and portuguese version Comments: I ´d like to know if it is possible to have both the English version and the Portuguese version at the same time Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pt-BR; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071008 Firefox/2.0.0.8 ...

Powerbuilder after migration from 9 version to 11 version
Hi All, After migration from Powerbuilder 9 to Powerbuilder 11.1 version. I'm facing below errors. Errors: ====== DSEAPSRV.PBL(dse_n_cst_filesrvmac).2: Error C0001: Illegal data type: n_cst_filesrvmac DSEAPSRV.PBL(dse_n_cst_filesrvwin16).2: Error C0001: Illegal data type: n_cst_filesrvwin16 DSEAPSRV.PBL(dse_n_cst_platformmac).2: Error C0001: Illegal data type: n_cst_platformmac DSEAPSRV.PBL(dse_n_cst_platformwin16).2: Error C0001: Illegal data type: n_cst_platformwin16 DSEAPSRV.PBL(dse_w_changepassword).dse_w_changepassword.dse_changepassword. 7...

migrating perl from version x to version y
Can some one tell me if there is an easy way generally speaking to migrate one version of perl and the modules installed under it to another version? Also, in this specific case I want to go from 5.00503 to 5.8.0 The wrinkle is that the box that needs to be upgraded does not have http/ftp access to the world and can only be accessed through several hops from inside our network. If this were a file system I needed to move, I could simply tar it up and move it over. Is there something similar for perl? Links/docs are appreciated. Thanks! richf On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 10:56:09A...

Web resources about - Migrating from source version to install version of DOTNETNUKE - asp.net.dotnetnuke

DotNetNuke CMS Is Now DNN Evoq
DNN Evoq available in the cloud via Windows Azure

DotNetNuke Brings Open Source Social To Windows
Social features added to both the commercial and free community editions of the open source content management system for the Microsoft.NET platform. ...

Winner and Still Champ, DotNetNuke
By popular demand, DotNetNuke, which built an open source empire on the Microsoft .Net platform

DotNetNuke: An Open-Source CMS ... For Microsoft Web Sites
Version 7.0 of DotNetNuke, an open-source content-management system that you've probably never heard of, is now released and bringing enterprise-level ...

DotNetNuke acquires software firm iFinity to beef up its Web content management platform
DotNetNuke (DNN), the Silicon Valley company behind a popular Web content management platform for Microsoft .NET, this morning announced that ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

Harrison Jones - LinkedIn
View Harrison Jones's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Harrison ...

Talk:Web application framework - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If I may be so bold , this article would benefit from a total rewrite; in its current form the article provides little information and, I suspect, ...

Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > Home
Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club LORDS RACEWAY IMAGE GALLERY All the colour and ...

Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > Home
Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club VICTORY FOR ARCHIE Star striker scores first ...