Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

Hello,

I have installed DotNetNuke on my computer and did everything they said in the Configuration.
But when I want to start http://localhost/DotNetNuke I receive an error:
Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
What is this. There is a Datavbase called DotNetNuke in SQL-Server

gr. miles
0
nooby

You have to have a user assigned to the database and use those credentials in you connection string (web.config)...
~Chris

Net Data Design
706Horsman.us
0
cjsmitty
2/16/2004 12:42:33 PM
This is a sql/msde authentication issue. Your web.config is using windows authentication, but your user context does not have the necessary permissions for the database.

If you wish to use sql authentication, and think that the sa account is setup with a blank password, if you're using MSDE, the version you have may have defaulted to windows authentication.
You can include the change for the changed sa password in the setup.exe parameters e.g
setup.exe SECURITYMODE=SQL SAPWD="mynewsapassword"

Further details can be found at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/distsql/distsql_84xl.asp
For more detail on the error:
http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=250125
0
cathal

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
Hi i installed msde with follwoing attributes for a project DotnetNUke..C:\sql2ksp3\MSDE\>Setup.exe SAPWD="password "INSTANCENAME="DNNV3" SECURITYMODE=SQLin my web.config file here is what i am using==><appSettings>    <add key="SiteSqlServer" value="Server=(local);Database=DNNV3;uid=;pwd=password;" />   but i am getting below error...can anyone PLEASE help me on this.thanks a lotInstalling DotNetNukeUpgrade Error: ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProvider   ---------------------------------------------...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
Dear All,I am trying to establish a connection to my SQL Server which is on the Remote machine. My ASP.Net application is on the local machine. Below is my connection string: <appSettings><add key="NorthConn" value="server=ABC;integrated security=sspi;database=Northwind"/></appSettings>The North wind Database has the following user accounts:1) ABC\ASPNET2)ABC\IUSR_ABCboth of these accounts have permissions granted to them.My SQL Server has both Windows and SQL Server authentication checked. I checked the properties of my  web project in IIS  and it has both Anony...

Login failed for user 'DotNetNuke'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
I've set up DNN on my XP SP2, and keep getting this error when I load DNN for the first time. "Login failed for user 'DotNetNuke'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. " The database User has permission for Read / Write. I've triple checked the connection string, as far as I can tell it's correct. I've used both my server name as well as "Localhost" in the connectionstring. Is there some other permission that needs to be set? What am I missing? Thanks. <appSettings> <add key="connectionString" valu...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
I dont believe that no one can help me in this damn error,Please, I'm gonne lose my job offer If I didnt fix this. I have spent 7 days searching with no use !! I use ASP.NET 2.0 with C# to develop an intranet site, it was working perfectly when i was on Visual Studio, when i tried to publish the site it gave me that error. Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. the web application on IIS server, windows 2003 - the database on a different server windows 2003, sql server 2000. Regaeding that we have proxy server, one fi...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection #3
Hi I have am developing on xp machine with iis 5.1 and trying to connect to a seperate windows 2003 machine with mssql 2000 installed.I would like to use a trusted connection and I added an asp account on the sql server with permissions to the database and also edited the security tab on IIS to have this account. I unchecked allow IIS to control this password.  When I look in the event viewer on my local machine I get an error:Process information:     Process ID: 2388     Process name: aspnet_wp.exe     Account name: MACHINENAME\ASPNET &...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection #2
I realize people have had this problem before. Probably on this very board. But I am up against a wall and none of the solutions I have found online work at all. I have a asp.net 1.x application that sits on an IIS server and talks to an SQL 2000 database on a separate server. It was working fine until about a week ago when all of the sudden I started recieving the following error: "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection" In IIS manager the application is set up in a virtual directory, denies anonymous users, and uses only Integrat...

Web resources about - Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Tablo gives your Apple TV a DVR for live video
By itself, the new Apple TV's full-fledged app support only partly fulfills cord-cutting dreams. You can subscribe to loads of streaming services, ...

Samuel L. Jackson would have gladly played a stormtrooper in 'Star Wars'
On Tuesday's Late Night With Seth Meyers , guest Samuel L. Jackson reflected on his Star Wars experience, saying that he would have been happy ...

Boom: North Korea claims to have detonated a hydrogen bomb
North Korea has been threatening this for a while and now, at 10 am local time, they claim to have detonated a hydrogen bomb. The only real indication ...

CMO Today: Twitter Weighs 10000-Character Tweets
Wall Street Journal CMO Today: Twitter Weighs 10000-Character Tweets Wall Street Journal TWIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTER: Plenty has changed at Twitter ...

Steven Avery My Brothers May Have Killed Teresa Halbach
TMZ.com Steven Avery My Brothers May Have Killed Teresa Halbach TMZ.com 0105_steven_avery_AP Steven Avery claims his own two brothers may ...

Growing Power raises 100,000 fish and 1 million pounds of food year-round on just 3 acres
Gardeners and farmers who live in colder climates are well aware of the limitations posed by a short growing season. But these challenges often ...

Saudi Arabia's Fragile State
WASHINGTON "Fragile" is the word that journalist Karen Elliott House used to describe Saudi Arabia in her 2012 book about the country. "Observing ...

iPhone 6s demand called into question as Apple reportedly orders cut back in production
Citing sources familiar with Apple's supply chain, Nikkei is reporting that the company is scaling back iPhone 6s and 6s Plus production by as ...

Ronda Rousey Will Need More Than A Win Over Holly Holm To Restore Her Legitimacy
Ronda Rousey, by her own admission in an interview reported by ABC News , is still reeling from her loss at UFC 193 to Women’s Bantamweight Champion ...

Man with 'gun' during flight being probed by Beijing airport police
Manila Bulletin Man with 'gun' during flight being probed by Beijing airport police Manila Bulletin Photos showing a man holding what looks ...