Login failed for user 'DotNetNuke'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

I've set up DNN on my XP SP2, and keep getting this error when I load DNN for the first time.

"Login failed for user 'DotNetNuke'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. "
The database User has permission for Read / Write.
I've triple checked the connection string, as far as I can tell it's correct.
I've used both my server name as well as "Localhost" in the connectionstring.
Is there some other permission that needs to be set?
What am I missing?
Thanks.
<appSettings>
<add key="connectionString" value="Server=MARK;Database=DotNetNuke; uid=DotNetNuke; pwd=dnn;"/>
</appSettings>
<providers>
<clear/>
<add name = "SqlDataProvider" type = "DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke.SqlDataProvider"
connectionString = "Server=MARK;Database=DotNetNuke;uid=DotNetNuke;pwd=dnn;"
providerPath = "~\Providers\DataProviders\SqlDataProvider\"
objectQualifier = ""
databaseOwner = "dbo"
upgradeConnectionString = ""
/>
0
kmideas

Try using your local IP(s) in lieu of names.

-jjg
0
jgravelle
12/4/2004 4:11:34 AM
i helped two people get set up on xp pro a week ago and had a tough time of it (compared to win2k server implementations anyway).  check out

http://support.adobe.com/devsup/devsup.nsf/docs/53766.htm
or
http://www.banmanpro.com/support/sql2k.asp
or you might try adding 'Trusted_Connection=true' to your connection string if it's just for local use.
andy
0
arschmidt
12/4/2004 7:38:33 PM
using Localhost as the name of your sql server no longer works with xp sp2. Try using (local) [the brackets are required], or the name/IP of the machine, as a previous poster suggested.#

Cathal
0
cathal
12/5/2004 1:27:50 AM
Set your SQL server to do "Sql Server and Windows" authentication and check to be sure the account your using is in the DB.
0
exrace
12/5/2004 4:20:46 AM
Thanks for suggesting that I set the SQL server to "Sql Server and Windows" authentication. I didn't know that was an option.

I've progressed one step further... now the error is "Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.GetPortals'".

I remember seeing this on another post... so I'll dig it up. Any other ideas are welcome.
kmideas
12/6/2004 3:34:39 PM
Problem Solved....

Once I gave the db User "db_owner_rights", in addition to dataRead, dataWrite and Public... the system set up ran smoothly.
0
kmideas
12/6/2004 3:49:50 PM
Delete the database and open the site in your browswer again.

-jjg
0
jgravelle

Installing DotNetNuke error
Hi,This is what I did:1) I installed MSDE using the following command: "setup SAPWD=aaaa"2) Using a tool called dbamgr2k, I then added a "dotnetnuke2" database and added a user ("aa") with password ("aaaa", and gave it db_owner permissions on the "dotnetnuke2" database. 3)  I edited the relevant line in web.config: " <add key="SiteSqlServer" value="Server=ASSAF-AMD64;Database=dotnetnuke2;uid=aa;pwd=****;" />"4) I started the installation scriptWould really apreciate if someone could help me on this,Thanks,Assaf. When trying to install the DotNetNuke using MSDE I g...

Login failed for user 'Bachelorplace'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)
please tellme how to resolve this error, i m using server studio management tool. and trying to connect using sql server authentication. my pc is over a domain.   Login failed for user 'Bachelorplace'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)  check whether that sql server is allowing sqlauthentication or not.select that server -> right click it-> select  properties  -> in the window, select security -> check what is the server authentication. it should be  sqlserver and windows authentica...

Login failed for user 'dnnuser'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
I am having an ongoing problem with installing DotNetNuke here is my configuration;Windows XP Professional SP2Internet Information Server 5.1SQL Server 2000 MSDEI have tried the following a number of times,       1. Unzip distribution into suggested folder C:\dotnetnuke2. Create SQL database and assign user (dnnuser)3. Give permissions to the folder where distribution was unzipped (ASPNET) user4. Changed the web.config file. 5. I am using MSDE Manager 4.0 by Vale Software to manage SQL data bases. (Note: I need to get DNN up b 4 my seven days runs out on MSDE mana...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
 Hmmm.... I have been developing a site on my local machine and it all works there. When I push it to the web-server it does not. I have used connection strings in my web.config file that look like this (the names have been changed to protect the innocent.. or me...) <add name="TDemoSiteConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=192.168.8.37;Initial Catalog=TDemoSite;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=TDemo;Password=fred" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> When I call a table adapter I get the error 'login failed for user null'. W...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
hi all. This is my first web form,and I am trying to conenct to a table in Ms SQL Server. when I run my program I got the followin error message: Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. I am using windows 2000 authentication. How can I fix it ? Thanks jsn hello, u need to privde a username and password for the SQL server that you are using !!!Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP 1. Open IIS, right-click on the virtual directory for your site and click on Properties. 2. Click the Dire...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
Dear All,I am trying to establish a connection to my SQL Server which is on the Remote machine. My ASP.Net application is on the local machine. Below is my connection string: <appSettings><add key="NorthConn" value="server=ABC;integrated security=sspi;database=Northwind"/></appSettings>The North wind Database has the following user accounts:1) ABC\ASPNET2)ABC\IUSR_ABCboth of these accounts have permissions granted to them.My SQL Server has both Windows and SQL Server authentication checked. I checked the properties of my  web project in IIS  and it has both Anony...

Login failed for user 'CommerceUser'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Why it gives such an error when it runs , please help me , thanks... Server Error in '/CommerceCSVS' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Login failed for user 'CommerceUser'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'Commer...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Came in this morning and im getting the following error in our Provisioning tool. This was working as of yesterday and no changes were made to the web.config file. Ive failed over the cluster on the sql servers and also restarted the provisioning engine. Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. The SQL server is setup for mixed mode authentication and ive opened my web.config file with visual studio and can make a connection with the same sql user and pass thats in my web.config to the proper databases.  The provisioning se...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
I dont believe that no one can help me in this damn error,Please, I'm gonne lose my job offer If I didnt fix this. I have spent 7 days searching with no use !! I use ASP.NET 2.0 with C# to develop an intranet site, it was working perfectly when i was on Visual Studio, when i tried to publish the site it gave me that error. Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. the web application on IIS server, windows 2003 - the database on a different server windows 2003, sql server 2000. Regaeding that we have proxy server, one fi...

Login failed for user 'username'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
This is the error I get below. What did I do wrong? Login failed for user 'useranme' exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'dnn'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified u...

Login failed for user 'x'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
I am in the process of moving a web application between servers. Previously the application was hosted on the same server as the database (SQL SRV 2000) and everything was working fine. Now moving the application to a different server and pointing to the original server for the database throws the error;      "Login failed for user 'x'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. " (The x is the name of the sql server user i have specified in my connection string)   I have Impersonation configured in my web.config as this...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Hello, I have installed DotNetNuke on my computer and did everything they said in the Configuration. But when I want to start http://localhost/DotNetNuke I receive an error: Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. What is this. There is a Datavbase called DotNetNuke in SQL-Server gr. miles You have to have a user assigned to the database and use those credentials in you connection string (web.config)...~ChrisNet Data Design706Horsman.us This is a sql/msde authentication issue. Your web.config is using windows authent...

Web resources about - Login failed for user 'DotNetNuke'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. - asp.net.dotnetnuke