Logging in without logging in...

Help!

I've been asked to integrate a dotnetnuke site with another corporate site to present the user with a seamless transition between the two.
The user will login to the corporate site (behind a firewall) and at some point be passed over to the dotnetnuke site (hosted externally).
Is there anyway to log the user (who came form the corporate site) into the dotnetnuke site without the user having to retype his / her username / password?
I'd prefer not to pass the username / password in the url - something more secure would be preferred.
If anyone has any ideas or has done it before please let me know!
Thanks
Kevin
0
kevin

Well, off the top of my head the only thing I can think of is to modify the local corporate site.  When the user logs in, add a cookie like DNN does when the user logs into DNN.  The only catch with this is that you need the userID from DNN to place in the cookie so you need the Users table from DNN locally.

This is probably not the best way to do this but the only way I can think of right now.
Chris Paterra

0
thecrispy1
2/25/2004 12:32:59 PM
Here's one way to do it:

- Add a table CorporateUsers to your DNN database containing two columns: DNNUserId and CorporateUserName
- On the corporate site, upon start of an authenticated session, add a cookie C, that encrypts the CorporateUserName with a key, let's call it K. Alternatively, you can simply do the same encryption, but tag it onto the URL that refers to DNN
- Modify your DNN Session start to do the following:
a) If the user is authenticated into DNN, do nothing
b) If the user is not authenticated into DNN, but has a cookie C, then decrypt the contents of the cookie using K (or decrypt the QueryString value if using the URL technique)
c) Lookup the decrypted CorporateUserName from the cookie in CorporateUsers and get the DNN UserId
d) Make the appropriate core calls to authenticate the user to DNN
Nik

Nik Kalyani
Speerio, Inc.

[DotNetNuke and ASP.Net solutions here]
0
cniknet
2/25/2004 3:12:55 PM
hello crispy / nik

Than you for both suggestions - gave me some diffeent ideas!
0
kevin

To log or not to log
Hello foremen, on a large database, trillions of SELECTs and DELETEs are going to be performed. After that, the database is going to be unloaded. The database uses a transaction log. Should I keep the log there along this process or "unmount" it after some parts of it (or even before the beginning)? In this case, nothing but the speed is important. The database is ASA 7.0.4.3498. Thanks Pavel LOG... ALWAYS LOG. Performance is dependent on the use of the log. Recommendations: 1) Ensure that the file system is not excessively fragmented 2) Host the db f...

Logging log
Hi! I try to accomplish task described in http://forums.novell.com/novell-product-support-forums/zenworks/configuration-management/zcm-server-install/422609-mixed-login.html?pagenumber= and wonder I don't know how to keep log of logging? I mean, does ZCM is capable to keep logging log? As Altiris NS does? More thanks, Alar. -- NovAlf ------------------------------------------------------------------------ You look like you want to log in to your zone as a user from either a eDIR or AD. And yes this is possible, it will search both Directories. http://www.theurbanp...

Logged In As: Not Logged In
I installed ZCF 10.0.1 on a Win 2K3 server and when I install the ZEN client on a workstation the ZENWORKS client login comes up and I cannot log into it. It shows me the realm name of my tree and Zenworks Zone and I have tried both to no avail. When I look at the details of the adaptive agent it says, "Logged In As: Not Logged In" Any ideas? On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:55:21 GMT, Jayson E. Hahn wrote: > Any ideas? Debug logs in ZCM http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=3418069&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=51010132...

Logging out of Netware without logging out of Windows
I have a dumb question - with the way that we are having to update Windows all the time - we are concerned that leaving the PC's on at night logged into Novell will open us up to hackers - is there a way to logout of Novell without logging out of Windows. We are running NW 5 sp6a - W2K and WXP wkstations with users logged in as administrators - they don't know this because we have setup Windows so that they only have to login to Novell and the Windows Password screen does not appear due to changes in the registry we have made. Using Novell client 4.83 sp1, 4.83 and 4....

Servidor restarts without logging in abend.log
Hi, I have a server in a two node cluster , that gets restarted itself at night from time to time. The problem is that I got no information in the abend.log. How can I get the abend.log get updated or debug this problem somehow else. -- ics_novell ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sorry, I forgot to mention is a NW 6.5 SP7 OES2 Cluster. -- ics_novell ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ics_novell's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=9295 View this thread: http://forum...

Log files not logging
I have been given responsiblity for running our BorderManager 3.6 system. The server is no longer doing any logging. The last log file is dated August 13 2004. I just took this over. It is BM 3.6. Does anyone have any ideas where to look? Thanks Scott The administration of the log files is located in NWAdmin - select the Bordermanager Setup Tab - highlight HTTP Proxy - click on details - there is a Logging tab there that will tell you where the files are located and for how long, etc. Somtimes I have to go in and clean the logfiles out of the volume - if the volume ...

Logging to httpservlet.log
Anyone have any examples on how to log to this file? I know you need to use the ServletContext interface but I have been unable to find any real examples of how. Thanks for your help. Don Flannagan ...

Who to Validate log in and log out...
Hi, I'm doing a couple of Asp VB .Net 1.x  pages and a wanna know how to validate when a user logs in that web site... just like e-mail accounts do. Plus, how to avoid that after been logged in, the user copies the URL address, then closes all IE windows and opens a new one, paistes the URL address and the web site opens... without asking for logging in...   Is that why people use cookies??? As you can see, I'm a newby with Asp stuff.. Please help, or some controls for me to investigate, or archicles... Thanx a lot! ~ Luisco_____________________________________Programador ...

Event Log not Logging ??
 Hi All, On my dev machine when I log errors to the event log all works great however when I move the web application to the test server the events are not being logged... I am hoping it is some configuration issue with IIS however I am totally lost.The code writing the events: EventLog.WriteEntry("xxxxx", err, EventLogEntryType.Error);   Any help will be appreciated. Thanks,Neil  are you getting an error? Sometimes, its a permissions issue, if the log name doesn't exist, it tries to write the new value to the registry. Check the application log...

error log logs
Hi all, In the script I have to stop sybase, I use two instructions for log rotate. su sybase -c 'mv -f $SYBASE/$SYBASE_ASE/install/sybase.log /backup2/logs/sybase-`date +%y%m%d-%H%M%S`.log' su sybase -c 'touch $SYBASE/$SYBASE_ASE/install/sybase.log' But when I start ASE, the server don�t write in this file (sybase.log) it uses to write $SYBASE/errorlog Why????? What can I do to write in $SYBASE/$SYBASE_ASE/install/sybase.log The RUN_file is: #!/bin/sh # # Adaptive Server name: sybase # Master device path: /dev/md/dataset/rdsk/d3 # Error ...

Transaction Logs And Logging
I work in a shop that does not keep the Sybase transaction logs. We have been mandated to research archiving our logging. The Sybase documentation does not go into great detail about how to do this. Can anyone give me pointers on this, or point me in the way of decent documentation? I understand setting the 'dump transaction' command on the Last Chance thresholds. We have 65 active databases, and the nightmare I have is trying to deal with 65 logs being constantly dumped. Without overwriting each other before they can be copied to tape. Is there an easy way to rename the ...

Application Log logging
Shaun, I have been getting complaints from our techs here about the huge amount of entries Patchlink is writing to the Application log. The problem is when they are trying to troubleshoot a problem on a PC, the application log has filled up with the Zenworks Patch Management Agent entries, pushing out the entries they need for troubleshooting. Aside from increasing the size of the Event logs, is there a way to "throttle" down the entries Patchlink is making? 6.3.2.700 server 6.3.2.858 agent Bob -- bstayskal Bstayskal, what level do you have the agent ...

User Log in Log
I need to keep a daily record of network logins Being Auditcon does not work with NW6, is there a way I can enable Logging on a server/tree to capture user login? Install NSURE Audit. Configure it to record logins and out for both the server and eDir. The Nsure Audit starter pack 1.0.3 is downloadable from the website. ~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~ Jim Gosney Netware/Groupwise Admin./Eng. Genesco, Inc. Nashville, TN Currently reading: fiction: Lord of the Rings: Return of the King -- J.R.R. Tolkien non-fiction: George Washington -- James Burns and Susan Dunn rel...

ExceptionPolicy logs differently to event log than to text log
I am implementing an exception policy in the business layer and in the presentation layer of my web application as per the block below.  When an exception happens in the business layer, it bubbles on up to the aspx, which in turn throws the error, thus invoking the default error page defined in web.config.  All well and good.  The strangeness is that only one exception is logged to the event log, but both throws are caught in the text log.  Why the discrepancy? Thanks.    Catch ex As Exception Dim rethrow As Boolean re...

Web resources about - Logging in without logging in... - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Logging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
or skeleton cars . In forestry , the term logging is sometimes used in a narrow sense concerning the logistics of moving wood from the stump ...

More Japanese Users Logging On To Facebook
For years, Mixi has been the social media site of choice in Japan. But new reports suggest that Facebook could overtake Mixi by the end of the ...

Facebook monetizes users logging out with premium ad placement on logout page
Facebook announced today that premium ads will be displayed on a new “logout experience” page, immediately after Facebook users log out of Facebook ...

My Hoop Champ - Youth Basketball Stats Tracking and Stat Logging on the App Store on iTunes
Get My Hoop Champ - Youth Basketball Stats Tracking and Stat Logging on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

SmartWatch 3 from Sony – The stylish way to handle music, calls and life logging. - YouTube
The time has come to wear Android technology on your wrist. A beautiful stainless steel silver core unit lies within the changeable wrist straps, ...

Halting highlands logging could prove lucrative
A report says halting logging in the central highlands could boost the state's coffers.

Logging unsustainable if Leadbeater's possum is to survive, says Zoos Victoria
Support given for Great Forest National Park in central highlands. The head of Victoria's zoos says the scale of logging in the state's central ...

Westpac lends to firms tied to illegal logging
Westpac lends to firms tied to illegal logging

Logging out of Facebook
Businesses and employers have infiltrated Facebook ... and not in a good way.

Logging out? Why young people love to hate Facebook
Researchers, journalists writing about research, and young people themselves have been writing about the perceived decline of Facebook for a ...