I need some help... I need to get users from a DNN1 portal to a DNN 3 portal

I need some help,

We've been happly running our website on a Hacked apart DNN 1 portal for quite some time...

now, our marketing dept has created a new pretty DNN 3 site... but without the users (they tried upgrading.. but it just didn't work..... either becuase of the hacked apart DNN1 or just because)

Is there any tool that will let me bring the users over, import them, whatever.... I can deal with re-assigning roles (as all the roles have changed) but I still need to get the crapload of users over!

any suggestions?

Help!

-Gj-
0
Gjeret

Your best bet will be  writing a custom tool, that reads in the user details from DNN1 and adds them via the membership provider to DNN3
http://www.purplebox.be/

0
PurpleBox
7/7/2005 4:38:16 PM
On the DotNetNuke site there are some 3rd part modules listed for moving users from a DNN2 database to a DNN3 database. From what I remember (it's been a long time) there wasn't any difference in user info from DNN1 to DNN2 so that might work. If that doesn't do it then I might be able to find the script that I created when I did it manually a long time ago.
GMSS DNN
0
mikeh36
7/7/2005 4:39:34 PM

if you look here: http://www.dotnetnuke.com/tabid/794/action/cat/lcl/2/parentID/110/Default.aspx, you can find a few utilities that can bulk import users into a 3.x dnn portal. Considering the fact that you are talking about a dnn 1 portal, i think the best thing you could do is to create a csv file with all user info, and use that file to create new users in your dnn 3 instance. I had some good experiences with the Gizmo bulk user registration module

cheers,

erik

Erik van Ballegoij, The Netherlands
0
ErikVB
7/7/2005 4:43:41 PM
Thanks! The Gizmo tool did the trick!

-Gj-

0
Gjeret

Need Help
I cannot figure out why DNN fails to create portal, the "NETWORK SERVICE" account has RWM permissions; the ASP 1.1 is in medium trust mode. From FileMon utility, it appears that DNN cannot create temporary file in the \Portals\_default\Cache\ ??? Does DNN require access to any other parts of the server FS besides of the web root? Here is the istall script output 00:00:00.015 - Installing Version: 3.1.000:00:00.015 - Installing Script: DotNetNuke.SetUp.SqlDataProvider00:00:00.125 - Installing Script: DotNetNuke.Schema.SqlDataProvider00:00:10.109 - Installing Script: Do...

Need some help please
 I can not create new portals no-matter the "template". This is an updated site from 3.0.10 to 3.0.12. I also can not access several other "Empty" portals on this install. Errors as follows. I could really use some help on this. Thanks! Server Error in '/' Application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object refere...

I need help with portals and child portals
OK, I am currently doing my company's site (security industry related) with DNN 3.2.  I have implemented the activeforums module into it but now my boss purchased securityforum.com or some such thing and wants it to point to the forum.  Now the problem i have is that when people log in (even on the forums page), they are taken back to the home page, not back in to the forum.  How can I fix it so that instead of logging in to the home page it goes to the specific page they came from.  Also note, I had to add a log in page (set in the site settings) because my site has a we...

Need help creating multiple DNN 3.1 portals using one hosting account on GoDaddy
I am a reseller at WildWest, and I have one Deluxe hosting account at GoDaddy through my reseller account.  I have two registered domain names, www.MyWebsite.COM and www.MyWebsite.NET.  The hosting account was created under the .COM website.  Using the automated install process at GoDaddy, I have DotNetNuke 3.1 installed and running under ASP.NET 2.0 in a sub-folder called /DNN. These are my goals: Host a Frontpage enabled website at www.mywebsite.com and a DotNetNuke Portal at www.mywebsite.net using one deluxe hosting account.  (WORKING) Host ot...

still need help accessing dnn portal
I am still having problems regarding this: http://forums.asp.net/1199325/ShowPost.aspx As I understand it all portals, all page accesses go through the dotnetnuke/default.asp page. If I have a website that I want to access using IP addressexample 123.456.123.456/dotnetnuke/default.asp The portal aliase mechanism in DNN allows multiple sites to be servered from the same exact page: All requests for sites first go through:http://123.456.123.456/dotnetnuke/default.aspas I understand it. The framework then decides which portal site to go to. If this is how it works that is fine with me. ...

Help! Child Portal users DNN 3.07
Hi, I've created a root portal and then three child portals. All was done working with the host account. I receive the email confirmation about all three subportals admins. However, when I try to log in to any of the child portals with the correspondent admin account, i cannot do so. The error is simply "Login Failed, remember that Passwords are case sensitive". I can log in to the child portal with the host account, and even create new users in it. When I try to log in to the child portal with the newly created user, i cannot and the same error gets displayed. I'v...

DNN 3.1.1 multi portal user sharing (portal unique not host) solution
Okay. I, like a lot of you, am a beginner with dnn. If I understand it correctly usernames are unique to a single installation of dnn (unique to the host that is). Only the host account (super user) is able to have a duplicate username. Now I am in an education industry where a "Board" has a main portal and individual "Schools" have their own child portals. The "Board" director needs to be a member of all the "School" portals as well. Is it true that I must tell the board director she needs 120 different user names (one for each school?) This...

Users Online Module on DNN 3.0.11
Hi. I tried to upload the Users Online module via Upload Custom Module function in DNN 3.0.11 I get this error. Hope someone can help me with it. Thank you and regards. ----------------------- Resource Upload Logs Return StartJob Starting Installation StartJob Reading files Info Loading uoNewYesterday.gif Info File uonewyesterday.gif read successfully Info Loading uoOverall.gif Info File uooverall.gif read successfully Info Loading uoTotal.gif Info File uototal.gif read successfully Info Loading uoVisitors.gif Info File uovi...

Need my DNN 1e (portals) modfied to use one user database. $$$
See post: "Can three DNN portals (mix of child and parent) have the same users??????" http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=485826 Well my requirements are hitting my own set deadline and I need to get this in place. $$$ to the person who can get my current site up to speed with these capabilities. (stored procedures, what ever needs changing without affecting the current database entries) I don't have a lot of cash to throw around but I'll pay what I can and I'm a web developer so I'm aware of the range of compensation. If I have to I'll wait ...

DNN 3.0.4 - Want to help debug DNN 3 ?
Tired of fighting against DNN 3 Installation ? Want to get your own Portal with Admin rights ? Dont want to share your Portal with others ? If you have answerd with yes to any of the above questions - Create your own DNN 3 Portal now !!! www.DotNetNuke3.com In order to create your own portal, register to the site, press Create Portal on the menu (It will show up after registration) ,choose Child Portal, fill in a sub Portal name like (you must choose sub portal option) : dotnetnuke3.com/MySiteName, choose the default template and enter a user name that will be used for ente...

Want to help debug DNN 3 ?
Tired of fighting against DNN 3 Installation ? Want to get your own Portal with Admin rights ? Dont want to share your Portal with others ? If you have answerd with yes to any of the above questions - Create your own DNN 3 Portal now !!! www.DotNetNuke3.com In order to create your own portal, register to the site, press Create Portal on the menu (It will show up after registration) ,choose Child Portal, fill in a sub Portal name like (you must choose sub portal option) : dotnetnuke3.com/MySiteName, choose the default template and enter a user name that will be used for ente...

upgly portal -- need help!!
I finally have DNN 3.1.1 up and running.....and added lots of modules..however its real ugly....even with several built-in skins..Any idea on how I can make it look more attractive?Like a professional site..I understand it supports CSS, but see little documents on how to make this work.Also, any sites that use it I can see for reference?Don There are plenty of good skins at these locations.www.snowcovered.comtf.johndcooper.comt-worx.comCliffCliff------ How about listing the url of your site so we can at least have a look at it....

Need help: subdomain but same portal
we have a project requiring following: 1. There is only one portal, e.g. http://www.test.com, users can access the web site by typing subdomain, for instance, http://user1.test.com, but users don't have sub portals actually 2. once user access portal via URL http://user1.test.com, he goes to www.test.com/default.aspx actually, but the URL in IE address keeps http://user1.test.com, and custom module on default.aspx will display some infortmation of the user, even he hasn't login. 3. while the user visit pages on portal, the URL still keeps http://user1.test.com/default.aspx?tabid=... In ...

DNN 2.0.3
Currently portals cannot live in a totally separate user space - meaning if you try to create a username in a new portal that already exists in another portal, then 1 of 2 things will happen: 1. You will be told that there is already a user account with that username 2. if you use the same password on registration, it will quietly use the same username and create a "single signon" for the 2 portals. While I understand the concept, I really think this is a problem. We have more than one client who has expressed displeasure with the fact that they are using a new portal, and...

Web resources about - I need some help... I need to get users from a DNN1 portal to a DNN 3 portal - asp.net.dotnetnuke

The Tech Portal - India's No.1 website for news on Technology and Start-ups
Though we are well aware as to how rapidly Indians have been adapting to e-retailing, but this was further re-affirmed by Google’s recently released ...

Wikipedia:Community portal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Guild of Copy Editors is hosting its May backlog elimination drive . Sign up to correct hideous grammar, improve your editing skills , and ...

Portal (architecture) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... or exit. The surface surrounding the opening may be made of simple building materials or decorated with ornamentation . The elements of a portal ...

Facebook Launches PMD Center Portal For Its Preferred Marketing Developers
Facebook introduced a one-stop shop for its Preferred Marketing Developers , the PMD Center , which allows marketers to sort through the social ...

Everything PR - The Public Relations News Portal
Everything PR is a public relations news portal featuring industry news, trends, and analysis. Learn what's new in PR, social media and marketing. ...

Announcing the FbStart.com Member Portal
Today, we're opening a new online portal for members of FbStart, our global program for mobile app startups. The portal will allow members to ...

Home - FinancialMagazin.com - Financial News Portal
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT) may have stumbled due to low sales over the past few months followed up by the recent blow on the sales and ...

Portal ANGOP (@portalangop) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Portal ANGOP @ portalangop ...

YIBADA, Global Chinese Portal
Yibada is a dedicated one-stop news resource about China. We cover the latest news on China in different topics including business, culture and ...