How to access ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock in UserControl inn DNN...

How cud i access

ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock  in userControl in DNN website.

as it is function of Page and doen show in user control. would casting work??

turkush

accessing other usercontrols from usercontrols
Hi, I have page with many usercontols and I would like to access other usercontrols from one usercotnrol , so I can access their server controls. This is how I do it, EditProfile UserControlep = (EditProfile)Page.FindControl("EditProfile"); This works when I debug it in my localmachine but doesn't when I have my page running on my production server. Does anyone know why is this because the usercontrols ID got changed in by .net? Cheers From an architecture standpoint, i would argue against allowing UserControls to know about other UserControls that exist at the same...

Datawindow.Net & Dotnetnuke (DNN)
Evaluating Datawindow.NET 2.0 trial version ..... Is anybody using it to develope Dotnetnuke modules? Is this even possible since DNN uses its own data access layer (DAL)? Thanks! Mel foothillgroup@yahoo.com If the DAL exposed datasets you'd be set. DataWindow.Net can still work with them. Unforunately, the DNN DAL uses ArrayLists, so until DataWindow.Net starts supporting object types for data, there's a mismatch. Fortunately, the DNN DAL isn't really a requirement for using DNN: http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Community/ForumsDotNetNuke/tabid/795/postid/26708/D...

accessing MS Access from .net
hi I am accessing ms access data base which has a table called customers. when i try to insert data into the table i am gettign the error like "Operation must use an updatable query" and the line its showing is myOleDbcommand.ExecuteNonQuery() here is my code in page lode event Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) Dim StrConnectString as String Dim strStatement as String strConnectSTring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password='';User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Srinu\WebApplication2\...

Accessing a UserControls Methods from .Net 2.0
I have the following in the html portion of my code:<code> <asp:Panel ID=pnlQ1 runat=server>   <tr>    <td>      <uc1:Q1 ID="Q1_1" runat="server" />    </td>  </tr></asp:Panel></code>It simply represents where I dragged my usercontrol onto the form.I have the following sub in my user control:<code>Public Sub Setup()  SetValuesFromSession()  Select Case Language    Case 1 'English      SetLab...

RegisterClientScriptBlock Vs ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock
Hi,I'm using the below code in one of my .aspx.cs pages.try{       bTrans = true;       txn.Commit();}catch (Exception ex){       bTrans = false;       txn.Rollback();       throw ex;}finally{       if (txn != null)              txn.Dispose();       if (bTrans)       {   &n...

Problem Accessing Dnn 2.0 beta remotely with VS.NET 2002
Hello... I just downloaded the beta version of DNN 2.0. Until now I have been successfully manipulating the code for DNN 1.0d by installing the source files on my server and accessing that virtual directoy remotely via VS.NET 2002(.Net framework 1.1). But it won't let me do the same thing with DNN 2.0. This is the error VS.NET reports: Unable to read the project file 'dotnetnuke.vbproj'. The project 'dotnetnuke.vbproj' was created with a newer version of Visual Studio which is incompatible with your version. You can only open this project with newer versions of Visual Studio. My ser...

accessing linked Access table from .net
We have an access database with a linked table to MYOB through ODBC. The MYOB table appears in access with a green dot indicating it's a linked table. In Access it all works fine. When we try to get at it through .net, it brings up DB_SEC_E_AUTH_FAILED(0x80040E4D) which as far as I can see indicates authentication failed. Any idea what is required to be able to use it from.Net? You might try this stepp0, put in admin for the username and leave the password blank (unless you specified other) Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Components\Databases\Db.m...

Access an usercontrol which is within another usercontrol on a page
Hello, I want to access an usercontrol which is within another usercontrol on an aspx page. The aspx page includes the first UserControl (Search.ascx) as follows: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<uc6:wucSuche ID="wucSuche1" runat="server" />  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This UserControl (Suche.acsx) implements the UserControl (SucheDetail.ascx) as follows: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Access Net work mapped drive VB.NET
Hi I have a docuemnt mangemnt system coded in VB.NET. The system sometimes needs to get documents from Network mapped drive and shared drives. In development machine everything works fine. But when I moved the code to Test serever, it could not access the mapped drives. I tried all security settings. But still could not. I tried unc path, but it throws In valid user exception. Can anybody help m eto solve this issue. Thank you Jikk Hi Jikk, What login is your app running under? Whichever it is, it has to have permission to access the network, which ASPNET doesn'...

Accessing a password protected Access 2002 DB from .Net
Here is my connection string: Dim strConn As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("trivia.mdb") & ";Database Password=jeuxdemots;" but I get the following error: Not a valid password. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Not a valid password. The password is the right one, what am I doing ...

Error : DotNetNuke.dll , DotNetNuke.pdb Access Denied.
I wanted to add a field in the contacts module, initially to display the same information in the email column and name the new column "Pager Email".So I went on and edited the contacts.aspx where the code displaying the email was copied and edited to display pager email column header. &lt;asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText="PageEmail" ItemStyle-CssClass="Normal" HeaderStyle-Cssclass="NormalBold"&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;ItemTemplate&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;asp:Label ...

.NET CLIENT TO ACCESS a non. NET WEB SERVICE
I develop in .net and need to create a web client to connect to a web service built in Java. http://xchainj.com:8080/axis/services/ScsEnvirodatWaterQualityIndexServiceSoap Its pretty easy when the web service was also built in .net. You can just create a web reference with the gui and automatically can see its functions and stuff. when i put this url in the box and hit go i dont get to see its functions. maybe this shouldnt be the url of the WSDL?? I Have no idea. Im very new to all of this. If there are any examples of .net clients connecting to non .net web clients it woul...

Accessing a usercontrol's Webpartzone from another usercontrol...
Hello All,  I have a page page1 which has a usercontrol user1 (with webpartzone "wpz1" and a user control user2) in it. Depending upon an event in user2 I have to make the wpz1 visible or invisible.How should I access the visible property of wpz1 from user2. Thanks in advance.k_rads In UserControl 1 add a public property where the Visible property of the WebPartZone can be set. Then add the following directive to UserControl 2: <%@ Reference Control VirtualPath="~/PathToUC/UserControl.ascx" %> You will then be able to access the property that sets the WebPartZones visibility...

Visual Studio.NET VB.NET Edition for DNN?
I have been plugging along using the Handcoded method for Module Development up to this point and although I have been successful I'd like to possibly make the jump up to Visual Studio. I was looking at Microsot's Website and there is a VB.Net only version that lists for only $109 vs. the $1000+ for the full fleged Professional Edition. Is it possible to adequately develop for the DNN platform using this trimmed down (VB.NET only) version of Visual Studio 2003? The VB.NET 2003 package is more than adequate for DDN moodules or full-blown ASP.NET applications. Highly recommended... mi...

Web resources about - How to access ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock in UserControl inn DNN... - asp.net.dotnetnuke