How do I stop Windows Admin user group from automatically adding users with admin priveleges?

Currently, whenever a user that has admin priveleges on Windows visits our intranet, DNN automatically adds those users with admin priveleges also.

The auto assignment flag is set to false but its disabled so that I can't change it either way.

How do I stop this from automatically happening?

Also, how do you change the SuperUser Account password?  I tried changing it throught the Host..>superuser menu but it never really changes.

Thanks, Joe.

0
jwgiii

Sorry, but I am not able to answer your first question Joe, but in reference to the second question - under the superuser account, further down the page, is the password change fields - it asks you to put in your old password and a new one, then click that update password button.  Did you do that?

I will ask someone in the core team who knows more about the first question to respond.

Nina Meiers

Nina Meiers

Free Skins & Containers by Nina Meies
0
xddg
5/20/2005 11:08:49 PM

Nina, Thank for you response.

Item#1: Yes, I tried updating the host password through the superuser menu and I did click update.  There is no error when I click update and it seems to work, but the password is still the default "host".

Item#2:  My company has added several people to the "Admin" group under windows, but I don't want them to have Admin rights to DNN313 - Thanks for checking on this.

Joe.

0
jwgiii
5/23/2005 11:31:03 PM
Right now the code in the windows auth component assumes that if you are an admin on that box then you are an admin in DNN... I have not found a way to change this without changing the code.
Steve Walker
Senior Consultant
SharePoint Forums
SharePoint Architecture
0
Imsoccrman
5/24/2005 1:38:18 PM

Thanks, Steve.

Under the "Admin Tab --->Security Roles" there is an Auto Assignment option that is disabled.  It seems the intent to stop auto assigning a role is there -- it is just not active.

Thanks, again.

Joe.

0
jwgiii
5/24/2005 3:50:23 PM

That's from the core of DNN... if you select "Auto Assign" then a user is added to the role... for AD auth, this option would allow a user to be added to the group in the domain which imposes some concerns in an enterprise environment. This is not implemented in the Authentication provider from Tam..

Steve Walker
Senior Consultant
SharePoint Forums
SharePoint Architecture
0
Imsoccrman
5/24/2005 6:33:20 PM
Yea, this is my only major issue with AD Authentication module.
0
Revlis
5/24/2005 7:12:21 PM
 jwgiii wrote:

Item#1: Yes, I tried updating the host password through the superuser menu and I did click update.  There is no error when I click update and it seems to work, but the password is still the default "host".

There are 2 update buttons. one is the update password button and one is the update button for all other data in the profile

Take care to use the UPDATE PASSWORD (Under the password fields)

Mauricio Márquez Anze
Free modules: E-commerce, Complete localization (Portal, page, module settings, skins, etc.), Secure Login, and more
http://dnn.tiendaboliviana.com
0
locopon
5/24/2005 8:03:19 PM

I should have posted back - I did find that and I was clicking the wrong update button.

Many Thanks - Locopon!

Joe.

0
jwgiii
5/24/2005 9:32:29 PM
 jwgiii wrote:

Item#2:  My company has added several people to the "Admin" group under windows, but I don't want them to have Admin rights to DNN313 - Thanks for checking on this.

Joe.

Another solution - if possible - would be to change some admin functions to "host only" functions i.e. the admin menu which appears at the top of the page (above the regular menu) that allows you to add modules could be changed to a "host only" function.

Maybe?

Joe.
0
jwgiii
5/25/2005 3:12:33 PM
Is this on the radar to be fixed anytime soon?

The auto assignment flag would be a big help.

Thanks, Joe.
0
jwgiii

Error adding new user as admin user of hosted domain
Hope someone can help, I get this error whenever I try to login as an admin user of a hosted domain and try to create a new user. Error: Failed to get the registry value specified. Machine:'.', Rootkey:'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE', Subkey:'SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Provisioning\CustomerPlansDb', Item:'Customer Database'./Access is denied./GetRegValue Security on the registry key in the eror message on MPSSQL server shows MPFServiceAccounts having Read permissionas and MPFAdmins having Full Control. Thanks in Advance. Hi, On your MPS server, run Provisioning Manager and look in the Managed Helpers na...

Novell script doesnt run with user logged in the user group not the admin in console 1
Hi all the error is as follows novell client scripts has encountered a problem and needs to close the exception unknow s/w exception 0xc06d007e occured in the application at location ox77e738b2 I have never seen this before and i have tried reinstalling the cleint but it didnt work Can you post the login script ? -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) ...

user app admin and provisioning admin
--____AOMMRISQTAQDYQIXYVMB____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Fri, 12 Jan 2012 00:46:00 -0700" Q2FuIHRoZSB1c2VyIGFwcCBhZG1pbiBhbmQgcHJvdmlzaW9uaW5nIGFkbWluIGJlIHRoZSBzYW1l Pw0KDQpBbA== --____AOMMRISQTAQDYQIXYVMB____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____BUUZCXRFHCIYLUVDKGKN____" --____BUUZCXRFHCIYLUVDKGKN____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Fri, 12 Jan 2012 00:4...

Managing Admin Users and Delegated Admins
Managing Admin Users and Delegated Admins By default, admin user is created in o=novell container. If we want to create multiple admin users and delegated admin users in which container we should create ? I am asking this question because, as per documentation the following will not be backed up. - Admin user account and password - Delegated administrator accounts, their passwords, or rights - Role Based Services (RBS) configuration - Modified configuration files on the devices such as the web.xml file - Local files installed on devices such as touch files or log...

Admin Rights For Non Admin User
Hi all  I'm looking for information to help solve the following problem :  I have a web app which allows non admin users the ability to reset passwords via LDAP. The users are all part of a single group who are the only people allowed access to the page using user.isinrole However none of them have the admin rights required to use the user.invoke("setpassword") function I was going to get our network admins to set me up with a specific user and password for this functionality but I have been led to believe that it's possible to do by running the web app under...

Adding AD User to AD Group
Hello All,  This is my first posting on this forum, although I have found some great answers here...anyway, to my problem...I cannot get this code to actually work.  It runs just fine, but the user does not get added to the group, so I'm having a hard time figuring this out.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance... Jim P.  Here is the code:1 Public Shared Function GetGroupDN(ByVal adGroup As String, ByVal strAuthUser As String, ByVal strPassword As String) As String 2 3 Dim dirEntry As DirectoryEntry = New DirectoryEntry("LDAP:...

Problem in determining whether a user (who has logged onto MPS) is a Domain Admin, Customer, Customer Admin, or Reseller Admin
Hi Guys, I know there are similar questions to this but I think I have a slightly different problem. The problem is machine or server specific and relates to the login.  When a machine has the problem no other users other than an Domain Admin can log into the MPS system (our version of sample web).  For example our development machines have no problem (although one did before a rebuild) but our main production server will not allow users to login in only domain admins.  I deployed the MPS system to another server and it worked fine.  The problem is around the get user c...

how to create AD users in 'Users' section of "Active Directory Users and Computers" window.
 I can create new AD users but not in 'Users' section in "Active Directory Users and Computers" window of windows server 2003.Here is the related part of my code: System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry myAD = new DirectoryEntry("LDAP://" + xxx + "/Users"); //If I put "/Users" then it throws exception, otherwise it works. But, users are not created in 'Users' folder. DirectoryEntry newUser = myAD.Children.Add("CN=" + username, "user"); newUser.Properties["d...

Admin user unable to login to user app
The admin user doesn't have the rights to login. I get the error message "Account restrictions prevent you from logging in. See your administrator for more details." (please see attached image) At the time of the User App installation for JBoss I have designated him as the administrator. +----------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Screen shot 2009-09-03 at 2.59.35 PM.png | |Download: http://forums.novell.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3343 | +------------------------------------------------------------...

ZAProBeta - non admin/admin user
WINXP I have noticed that if I boot my system and log in as a non priv user vsmon can be running under the SYSTEM account - which it should be as a service. (To get it to run reliable under the SYSTEM account wait at least 30 seconds after the login CTRL-ALT-DEL box is placed on the screen). If I now log out and log back in as an administrative user - vsmon is still running as it should be. If I log out and log back in as my original non priv user vsmon is now running as the logged on user - which it shouldn't be. Can anyone else confirm this happens for them - please stat...

Linux User Management install as user other than admin
I'm trying to create a group with the appropriate rights to perform the LUM installation. We want other employees to be able to perform the install of the LUM on new servers, but don't necessarily want to give them the admin login to eDirectory. I tried creating a group, making that group a supervisor to the OU where the server should be added, and adding the user to that group. It gives me the following error: Creating the Unix Config object...Insufficient access I tried giving the group rights to the current Unix Config object as well, but still get the same error. This...

Delete admin User / Change admin password
Hey, Is it possible to change the password for admin or delete admin and make anonther admin user?? > Is it possible to change the password for admin or delete admin and > make anonther admin user?? Yes, but PLEASE make another user a supervisor of the root (inheritable) prior to deleting the admin user. Many people rename the admin as well. -- Timothy Leerhoff Novell Support Forum Sysop "I have the body of a god, unfortunately it's Buddah" - T-shirt quote On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 02:41:51 +0000, jwt.fsd wrote: > Is it possible to change the p...

How to check if current user is admin or power user?
Hello, how can I check if the current user is either an administrator or a power user? -- Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards Heiko Adams Fachinformatiker Anwendungsentwicklung Tel.: +49 (95 65) 94 22 - 42 Fax : +49 (95 65) 94 22 - 22 Mail: heiko.adams@regenspurger.de Web: http://www.regenspurger.de / www.kigapro.de If you go get a software package called SVCOM it has the API functions coded that allows you to get that information www.aldynsoftware.com/svcom.html "Heiko Adams" <heiko.adams@regenspurger.de> wrote in message news:144404@forums.c...

Does Provisioning admin user get admin rights
Hi, I have assigned user as provisioning admin in User app and using that user i am invoking the workflow from soap UI and creating a user in the eDir,when i check the user creatorName attribute in eDir, it shows as cn=admin,o=services. Does provisioning admin user had admin rights, i want that the users creatorName attribute to be the provisioning admin user with which i am invoking the work flow. how can i do this? Thanks. -- syadav_31 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 09/27/2010 02:06 PM, syadav 31 wrote: > > Hi,...

Web resources about - How do I stop Windows Admin user group from automatically adding users with admin priveleges? - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Facebook Users Automatically Checked In To Events They RSVPed Yes To
A reader tipped us off that Facebook is automatically checking in users at events that they RSVPed they would attend. continued… New Career ...

Now Users Can Remove Contacts Automatically Saved by Facebook’s Friend Finder
Two weeks ago, many Facebook users began asking questions about curiously good recommendations suddenly appearing in Facebook’s “People You May ...

App Store - Attachments.me- Gmail inbox software to efficiently manage emails, automatically send/upload ...
Get Attachments.me- Gmail inbox software to efficiently manage emails, automatically send/upload files to cloud storage(Dropbox, Box, and G Drive), ...

Automatically organize your desktop icons into shaded areas called Fences! - YouTube
Fences® is the most popular desktop organization tool used by millions of users worldwide. Create shaded areas called "fences" to automatically ...

CSAIL fixes software bugs automatically, in any language, by copying from safer applications
A new system can repair bugs in software using smart processing that imports functionality from other programs, all without access to source ...

Emailing porn at work not automatically sackable, court finds
Australia's federal court has upheld a ruling that emailing pornography in the workplace is not automatically a sackable offence.

Shazam iPhone app now listens for music, TV shows automatically
Shazam has updated its iPhone app to tag songs, TV shows and more on its own, no longer requiring users to open the app and tap a button.

App of the day: Human for iPhone automatically tracks your movements
Human for the iPhone is an activity tracker that automatically distinguishes between different types of movement.

iPhone 5 automatically rotates using Cycloramic App. - YouTube
[NEW VIDEO] Cycloramic 2.0 update teaser vid with panoramic photo preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjHUID07xs4 Cycloramic has been Awarded ...