Help getting portal registration info into custom module.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me an easy way to reference the user registration info of a logged-in user in another custom module.

I successfully created my custom module following a step-by-step, to capture additional custom registration data to pass onto another database.  The problem is I also need the portal registration data to pass along as well.

I have tried copyping the code from the page that you would update user info, but it blows up on me.  I simply need to add references to populate those fields just the way that user.ascx does.

Thanks in advance!
-Matt
0
mrmatt

Use the UserInfo object.. UserInfo.Profile. should give u the address, city etc..
0
vaish_p
9/30/2005 8:14:27 PM

Is the any way you could give me an example of how to reference userinfo in my code?

Thanks!!

0
mrmatt
9/30/2005 10:30:24 PM
If UserInfo.UserID >= 0 Then
                    txtFirstName.Text = UserInfo.Profile.FirstName
                    txtLastName.Text = UserInfo.Profile.LastName
                    lblUsername.Text = UserInfo.Membership.Username
                    txtEmail.Text = UserInfo.Membership.Email
End If

0
vaish_p

Help with Custom Modules for The Portal Starter Kit
I just made my first custom module for the Portal. As soon as i configure it on tha application and add it to a tab, i get this error: Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'ArticlesDB' does not exist in the class or namespace 'ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal' (are you missing an assembly reference?) I thought I did it right, but i guess I didn't get...

getting info from custom web.config for module
Greetings all, I've been working on modifying an existing custom module that we've written to make it more flexible during deployment and am having some issues with the vagaries of inheritance of config files through the application folder tree. I have created a custom web.config file in my DNN module folder under desktop modules that contains custom configuration information for the module so that we do not have to modify DNN root web.config when rolling the module out.  During page load, I request information from a custom section in the DNN module web.config via the NameValueSectio...

DotNetNuke Portal: Why nothing is changed after I customize the existing modules?
I am pretty new for asp.net and portal. Does any one can help me? I really appreciate. 1. I tried to modify some vb files for existing modules, i.e. register.ascx.vb, but nothing has been changed after I made the changes. I wondered if I have to compile it. How? I am using Macromedia Dreamwaver MX to edit files now. 2. I have an aspx file, it works fine, I created a new ascx file for new module and I tried to convert aspx file to ascx file for that new module but it didn’t work. The new module is on the web site but I got the error message. When it load the ascx file. Any idea? Y...

Seeking Troubleshooting help / help on getting helpful info for bug report
I have a problem going on with my openSUSE 11.3 issue and Gnome-Shell. The situation is: - I am running openSUSE 11.3 (installed from Live CD) and Gnome-Shell desktop environment. I'm pretty sure it is up-to-date with upgrades/patches. - System is running on Dell D400 laptop (Pent. M @1.8 GHz, 1GB Ram), which has an Intel graphic chip (i815) somewhat effected by the 855G issue. - At intermittent times (haven't figured a rhyme or reason yet), the screen will freeze. Mouse will move, but mouse clicks and key strokes do nothing - I can Cntl+Alt+F2 into a te...

Customize RSS Module? or a custom module?
I would like for example that the rss module extracts info from different rss feeds on my page. but in a customized way For example the last article, the last new, the last event. To avoid upgrade issues consider creating a custom module. mm I havent realy checked th rss module but isnt the features you want replicated by a custom xsl file. Or you could check out the other rss modules that are out there RSSExtra It is possible in xsl to extract info from different xml <xsl:value-of select="document('http://www.asp.net/Forums/rss.aspx?forumid=90')/channel/tit...

Optimized VS.Net Solution for custom modules + free modules
I like to leave the DNN core code untouched when I do my module development. Also, I like to work with a clean VS.Net solution which has my custom modules and none of the core projects. After playing around with it for some time, I have created a VS.Net Solution that allows me to do exactly that and I would like to share it with anyone interested. It's called "My Modules" and can be used to develop/debug DNN modules without requiring any core project references. I have blogged about my solution in detail and also posted it for download. In the download package, I have also inclu...

DNN 3.0 Custom User Registration
This topic has been discussed in great length in several threads as a lot of people (myself included) are looking for a solution for custom user registration. The new way of doing this in 3.0 is to use the new ASP.NET membership provider. Here is a situation I wanted to get some opinions on. What about adding more information AFTER the user is regististered. The use case would look like this: 1. User enters information in the current registration form 2. User submits information and gets saved in membership table 3. A custom hook redirects the user to a custom login form after su...

Integrating a custom module or any module into .net nuke with vis. dev. express
Ok I am using .net nuke and visual web developer 2005 express edition.  I am new to both. My problem is this...dotnetnuke is installed and working great and I have made changes and used the default modules for various pages on my new site.  However, now I have reached the stage where I need a module template where I can use asp.net to write my own code to manipulate data. I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to incorporate a new module into the site.  I copied a module folder that I downloaded called createmoduletemplate into my DesktopModules directory.&nbs...

New Portal Always Redirects to Default DotNetNuke Portal. Please Help...
I recently moved my portal up to WebHost4Life.com Everything has seemed pretty smooth, but I recently tried creating a new portal www.newportal.com (just an example). But when I try to go to that url in IE or FireFox, it keeps redirecting me to the default portal. I know the domain is correct because I placed an image in the images directory and was able to browse to that image and it displays. I'm currently using 3.1.0. What preventing my aliases from working? Please help. Thanks. DJ For a new domain www.newportal .com you need to create an application in wh4L ...

I need some help... I need to get users from a DNN1 portal to a DNN 3 portal
I need some help, We've been happly running our website on a Hacked apart DNN 1 portal for quite some time...now, our marketing dept has created a new pretty DNN 3 site... but without the users (they tried upgrading.. but it just didn't work..... either becuase of the hacked apart DNN1 or just because)Is there any tool that will let me bring the users over, import them, whatever.... I can deal with re-assigning roles (as all the roles have changed) but I still need to get the crapload of users over!any suggestions?Help!-Gj- Your best bet will be  writing a custom tool, that reads in t...

help help help with getting started
I have a simple page with this code: <%@ Page Language="vb" Debug="true" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data.SQLClient" %> <script runat="server"> sub Page_load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) if not ispostback then 'create connection Dim Conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection 'create data adapter Dim dataAdapter As SqlDataAdapter = New SqlDataAdapter 'create dataset Dim dataview...

Customize Help for Module
Alright. I know there is a way to customize the Help for modules. I do not want to use the Online Help option. I have disected multiple modules to see how they did it but I am stumped. Searched the database and resource files too. Nothing. Can anyone shed some light on this? there is a place to post a help url in the module definition is that what you are talking about?  (in 3.1.1 at least)Dylan Barberread my stupid blog http://codemypantsoff.com Thanks for the reply. Instead of redirecting the user to a URL, I wanted to use the built in help that most of the modules take advantage...

Customizing Module Help
I've seen some modules with on-line help and help dialogs. Example Users Online... What would be the easiest way to accomplish the following: Assume we created Help.Mysite.com ==> detailed documentation for various screens and modules installed or available at mysite.com. Customize Help dialog for all installed modules directing users to specific tabs in help.mysite.com. How can I add my own help links to third party PA's? The help access is defined in code, in the module's entry point: MyBase.Actions.Add(GetNextActionID, "Edit", "", ...

Customizing Registration module
Hello, I want to customize Registration module. Here are the following steps I followed but not been able to point to my new page created. 1. Created a new module called Registration. 2. Added control having the source Admin/Security/RegistrationForm.ascx 3. Gave the control name as Register. 4. I did not go to make any changes in Admin/Skins/User.ascx.vb since register link url was NavigateURL("Register"). I changed the control key but its not reflecting. I know I am missing something here but not been able to find out. Could someone help me out please? I need this help very urge...

Web resources about - Help getting portal registration info into custom module. - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Voter registration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... is not compulsory, registering one's place of residence with some government agency is required, which automatically constitutes voter registration ...

Apple opens registrations for this year’s ‘Hour of Code’, free programming workshops for kids age 6+
Apple has opened registrations for this year’s ‘Hour of Code’ workshops, providing kids aged six and up with a free one-hour introduction to ...

Every argument against automatic voter registration, debunked
... launched by a group of Democratic campaign veterans, announced that they plan to spend $10 million in order to pass automatic voter registration ...

Obi Worldphone SF1 now up for registration in India
... the former having more premium specs than the latter. It seems the time is near for release, as website Gadgets 360 has exclusively begun registration, ...

Registration for new 'Nintendo account' system opens in Japan
Gamers in Japan can now register for the cross-platform service.

FAA Task Force Recommends Requiring Registration For All Drones
... commercial drones or those operated by public agencies other than the military to be registered the same as manned aircraft. Each registration ...

Chris Christie Vetoes Automatic Voter Registration Bill
... would have added 1.6 million new voters to the state’s rolls and made New Jersey the third state in the country to adopt automatic voter registration. ...

New group will spend $10 million to promote Automatic Voter Registration
Registering to vote tends to be a complicated process rife with mistakes, creating unneeded bureaucracy and resulting in relatively low registration ...

Drone Task Force Recommends Simple Registration Process for Owners
NEWS ANALYSIS: The Unmanned Aircraft Systems Registration Task Force recommends making the drone registration process as easy as possible to ...

FAA Task Force Unveils Drone Registration Recommendations
In a much-anticipated public teleconference today, the co-chairs of the FAA's unmanned aircraft system registration task force announced the ...