Going from one Custom Module to Another Customer Module

I am having trouble going from one module to another module.

My source module contains a calendar user control (Brainjar's better calendar).  In the day_render event of the calendar control, I add a label to each day and set the text property to an href tag:

<a title="Drinks with John" href="http://localhost/DotNetNuke/TestPage/PrototypingEventListing/tabid/54/Default.aspx?itemID=54&status=calEvent">John </a>

I am trying to leave the module with the calendar to go to another module's view control.  This link takes me to the view control of the new module, but things get weird when I try to access the parameter values.  I am able to access the first parameters value (itemID), but the value for the second parameter is as follows:  calEvent =, calEvent

Am I taking the wrong approach to this, or is there something simple I can do to fix what I am currently doing?

0
ace

Part of the URL is using the rewrite engine, the query string is not. How are you constructing the URL?

Dave
0
DBuckner

Customize RSS Module? or a custom module?
I would like for example that the rss module extracts info from different rss feeds on my page. but in a customized way For example the last article, the last new, the last event. To avoid upgrade issues consider creating a custom module. mm I havent realy checked th rss module but isnt the features you want replicated by a custom xsl file. Or you could check out the other rss modules that are out there RSSExtra It is possible in xsl to extract info from different xml <xsl:value-of select="document('http://www.asp.net/Forums/rss.aspx?forumid=90')/channel/tit...

Converting an Ibuyspy custom Module to DotNetDuke Custom Module
Are there any instructions on what it takes to convert an IBuySpy Custom Module to DotNetDuke. .. What do I need to add or change. There is a developer whitepaper included with the DNN download I think or you can download the whitepaper at www.dotnetnuke.com. JeremyJeremy WhiteWebstone, LLCMy DNN Blog...

customizing custom modules
Hi! First of all, I´m very unexperienced in developing modules, but trying to learn. I have downloaded some modules including the source. Just downloaded Scott McCullochs NewsArticle module. I would like to play with them and do some changes and modifications, but I do not really know how to do. Can you give me some advise on best practises how to do? I am using VS.Net but i´m still a newbie, and I don´t know how to set up a development environment for this. For DNN getting started tips for development, check out DNN Jungle. As for setting up your dev en...

sub modules, loading custom modules into a parent module
GreetingsI am creating a support system module which will require the ability to add sub modules. For example, there is an admininstrators section in which suport requests are administered, anwsered, solved etc.There is to be another function in the admin section of the support module in which admins can upload a new support form template module, ie, say an admin wants to set up a form for users to lodge a request for new hardware, the form will display all required fields, graphics, validation etc for that request. Another support form template might be to have a new user set up on the acti...

Optimized VS.Net Solution for custom modules + free modules
I like to leave the DNN core code untouched when I do my module development. Also, I like to work with a clean VS.Net solution which has my custom modules and none of the core projects. After playing around with it for some time, I have created a VS.Net Solution that allows me to do exactly that and I would like to share it with anyone interested. It's called "My Modules" and can be used to develop/debug DNN modules without requiring any core project references. I have blogged about my solution in detail and also posted it for download. In the download package, I have also inclu...

Custom Module with custom pages?
Hi, I am new with DotNetNuke and would like to add asp.net-pages I developed myself. These pages have their own functions and structure. I tried to do this with a custom module unfortunately with no result. Of course I could add a custom module and edit the content of this module. But this is not what I want to do. Is there any way to add my pages in DNN? If yes how?   Maybe I can create these pages directly in DNN again but there are a few questions / problems I see: 1. The website has to export some data in xml and a local application has to read this data directl...

Integrating a custom module or any module into .net nuke with vis. dev. express
Ok I am using .net nuke and visual web developer 2005 express edition.  I am new to both. My problem is this...dotnetnuke is installed and working great and I have made changes and used the default modules for various pages on my new site.  However, now I have reached the stage where I need a module template where I can use asp.net to write my own code to manipulate data. I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to incorporate a new module into the site.  I copied a module folder that I downloaded called createmoduletemplate into my DesktopModules directory.&nbs...

When to use Static Page Module, HTML Page Module, and Custom Module
I'm trying to figure out the pros and cons of using Static pages, the HTML Page Module, and the Custom Module.  Background:  I'm using the CSK to make an old HTML web site easier to maintain.  I have a bunch of old Photo Galleries (yes, several of them containting hundreds of images) that would take many days to convert to using the Photo Gallery module, so I'm researching ways to convert the old pages that isn't so painful.  I don't care if the new photo galleries (which will use the Photo Gallery module) match the look of the old ones, so converting the core HTML on t...

one module to control another module
I would like to have one module that controls another module. that is I want to have a list of things and then the user clicks on one of those things I want another module the image module or something that display an image with that thing. I preferrabely would like to use the modules that come with dotnetnuke. Is there a way to accomplish this (to parameterize a module). thanks, dan ....and in the darkness bind them. something like the link module but I do not want the navigation to the link to appear on a different page and i still want to have the links available. Inter m...

Navigating from one module to another module
Grettings, I am running into a little situation that I am hoping someone can give me a hand with. Currently I have 2 modules. Module A and Module B. Both consist of the base .ascx page and an edit.ascx page. What I would like to be able to do is have a linkbutton at the bottom of the Module A edit.ascx control, that links to Module B base .ascx control. Then on Module B .ascx you could follow the UI flow to the edit.ascx control of Module B. The problem I am encountering is this: NavigateURL does not seem to handle loading module instances that HAVE a moduledefid ...

Custom desktop modules to be Admin modules?
Well, I have to put some custom desktop modules to the Admin level since they are all used by some other modules. For example: Module A,B,C are common modules, while Module X1, X2, X3,X4,X5..... are not common, and X1,X2,X3,X4,X5... use Module A,B,C. And I noticed that the way now DNN does with the admin tabs is similiar with normal tabs but they have no AdministratorRoles. And I also find that there is one file called admin.template in the portal folder. I can find all the definitions of the admin tabs. I simply do the same as what I find, the my own tab is there, the when I click,...

Custom module / error handeling in module settings
I am working on a custom module, and I need to do some server side validation in the settings page/control of the module, and if the validation fails I need to show the user an error message. I tried to use the DotNetNuke.UI.Skins.Skin.AddModuleMessage in the UpdateSettings() method, but the messages does not show up, in fact DNN sends me back to the view page. I have also tried to use the AddPageMessage, but with the same result. In the view part of the module the AddModuleMessage is working fine and showing messages on the top of the pane. Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Custom module disables adding additional modules
Does anyone have any ideas why a custom module, after successful addition to a page, would them disable the addition of additional modules - core or custom? The history.... This is my first sizeable custom module. The code was developed as a normal web app and ported to a DNN module using the templates from Vicenç Masanas. The module works as intended. I am not doing anything exotic, just accessing database info, displaying it to the user, and processing input. I am using a few custom ASP.NET controls to display list data and provide a checked list box for user input. I did...

Is there a way to call a module from inside of your own custom module?
Is there a way to call an already uploaded module from a completely separate module? Yep. Depends on what you want. Easiest way is to add the existing module as one of the controls of your own module. You can then call it just like any other control in your own module (e.g. use EditUrl to format the link). ...

Web resources about - Going from one Custom Module to Another Customer Module - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Customers ROCK! The Hidden Power of Your Customers Book
Social Media CRM, or Social CRM, is getting a lot of air time these days. But where does it fit?

Customer service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Customer service is the provision of service to customers before, during and after a purchase. According to Turban et al. (2002), "Customer service ...

Snapchat deceived its customers, FTC says
Popular mobile messaging app agrees to settlement, will be monitored for 20 years. By Benjamin Snyder, reporter FORTUNE Since it launched in ...

Freshdesk’s New In-Sync Customer-Service App Is Integrated With Facebook
... announced that its new In-Sync Facebook application is integrated with the social network, allowing its users to synchronize their customer-service ...

The Uglii truth: no income, no customers, so where's all the money gone?
Where was the corporate regulator as 3600 investors were being misled?

LifeLock ID protection service to pay record $100 million for failing customers
... Federal Trade Commission announced that identity protection company LifeLock will pay $100 million for playing fast and loose with its customers’ ...

Amazon tells customers to trash unsafe hoverboards, offers full refunds
After removing certain brands of hoverboards from virtual store shelves in recent weeks, Amazon is now telling some customers to dispose of their ...

The CEOs of shaving startup Harry's explain how they acquired a million customers in 2 years
... as opposed to using their capital to catch as many eyeballs as possible. Harry's says it has reached well over a million total online customers ...

Alta Motors Delivers “The Future of Fast” with First Customer Receipt of RedShift Motorcycle
Alta Motors, the San Francisco-based electric vehicle company and creators of the RedShift &ndash; a line of electric motocross and supermoto ...

Amazon Tells Some Customers to Ditch Their ‘Hoverboards’
... them in New York City , and a three-airline strong travel ban , Amazon is now taking the extremely unusual step of emailing some UK customers ...