From DNN 1.0.10e to DNN 2.0

Hi,

I have a couple of portals made with DNN 1.0.10e. How can I upgrade them to DNN 2.0? Is it possible? I wish to save all data and (if possible) custom design things.
Thank you.
A fan of C#, chess, Collectible Card Games, skating and DotNetPark web hosting :)
0
Enroth

I would suggest making backups of the portals (dbs included) and testing them one by one for upgrade issues, setup a copy of the portals, copy all of the DNN2 files into these duplicated portals, modify the web.configs, and then access the site, see if everything correctly loads. Do this on a test site, as to not break your existing applications.
ChrisHammond.com
Engage Software
0
christoc
3/23/2004 3:22:39 PM
It should work.  I didn't lose any of my design issues.  Only thing I had to worry about (I think) was the custom modules...have not upgraded my production yet, just done some testing.
Aaron Corcoran

http://www.aaroncorcoran.com
0
acorcoran
3/23/2004 4:07:52 PM
I just tried to upgrade, and it did not go well.

I copied all of the files in, changed the Web.cfg file and the project file to point to the correct Virtual Directory.
I lost all of my Tabs and users. I restored the DB, but it did not make any difference.
Anyone know what I did wrong?
I just restored all of the files and the DB and I am back up on 1.10
Mark
0
markb
3/23/2004 4:20:05 PM
OK,

I am stupid also.
You have to change the default provider in the Web.config file to point to SQL..........
It created an Access DB and kept looking at it.
I guess I should have read the other forums first.
Mark
0
markb
3/23/2004 5:19:48 PM
When you changed the web.config, did you change the db provider to use SQL? By default, it uses Access.
Matt Fraser
DotNetNuke Core Team
Liquid Platinum Technologies
LoanWeb