File upload "restricted file type" using FCKeditor

Hello!

I'm trying to hyperlink some text in a regular html/text module using FCKeditor...I highlight the text, click on the little link icon...go through the prompts, etc.  The file that I'm trying to upload has a .avi extension.

I get the following error when trying to "Upload Selected File".

The File
D:\DotNetNuke\Portals\25\filename.avi

Is A Restricted File Type. Valid File Types Include ( *. swf, *.jpg, *.jpeg, *.jpe, *.gif, *.bmp, *.png, *.doc, *.xls, *.ppt, *.pdf, *.txt, *.xml, *.xsl, *.css, *.zip ). Please Contact Your Hosting Provider If You Need To Upload A File Type Which Is Not Supported.

So, my question is.  Is there somewhere where I can edit the "valid file types" so that I may upload .avi files or any other file type I wish...like .mp3 or .mov for instance?

Many thanks!
-Tim

0
jeewun

I belive it is on the Host tab under settings. Someplace buried in there is file types that the portal will allow a user to upload. Just add your file type.
Steven Owens
SOwens Technologies...we make the net move
0
sowens
9/29/2005 11:46:15 PM

Tim that is controlled by the host/setttings/advanced - file type box where you can put in extensions of files you want to allows to be uploaded.

However, on another point - I'm not 100% sure if you can place the file in there and expect it to run - you might need to know the other elements of the avi funcationlity to make it work - that's why there is also a media player module like http://www.inventua.com offer to use and it has all the settings required to play correctly.

Hope his helps.

Nina Meiers

Nina Meiers

Free Skins & Containers by Nina Meies
0
xddg
9/29/2005 11:50:23 PM
Wow...there it is...host/settings/other settings/File Upload extentions.

Now, I know I clicked that.  I remember doing it!  How come I didn't see it before!  haha!  :)

Thanks for the help everyone!
-Tim
0
jeewun

Saving the "File path" string to DB using "File upload"
Hi, I'm using a "File upload" control (<input type="file"/>) to obtain the file path and then save this path to a db.(Not the file itself)I've put this control inside a DetailsView control. The problem is,even if I select a path, by clicking the Insert(or Edit) from DetailsView,nothing will be inserted. How can I make DetailsView to save the file path inside the TextBox of this control? <asp:DetailsView ID="DetailsView1" runat="server" AllowPaging="True" AutoGenerateRows="False"            DataKeyNames="id" DataSourceID="SqlDa...

How to filter "Type of Files" in <input type="file">
hi, I am making a project in which user can upload excel files to a server. I am using The problem is that when i click on browse button for selecting file,by default it is showing "All Files" in Files of Type Section. but i want that in this section it should show"All Microsoft Excel Files(*.xl;*.xls;*.xlt;*.htm;.................). Please suggest me what to do. Hi, Check this link to see how it is done   HTH,Suprotim Agarwal -----http://www.dotnetcurry.com-----ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server...

problems uploading a file... using the HtmlFileUpload control (<input type="file" ...>)
hey everyone, Im trying to run the following code...  1 public static void UploadItem(HttpPostedFile UploadedFile) { 2 3 int _fileLength = UploadedFile.ContentLength; 4 byte[] _data = new byte[_fileLength]; 5 6 UploadedFile.InputStream.Read(_data, 0, _fileLength); 7 8 string _filePath = "C:\\Development\\MBS Podcast\\MBSPodcast\\items"; 9 using (FileStream _fs = new FileStream(_filePath, FileMode.Create)) { 10 try { 11 12 _fs.Write(_data, 0, _data.Length); 13 14 } catch (UnauthorizedAcces...

Change behaviour of <Input type="file" > to use 'MaxDataLength' for file uploads
Name: Anthony van Orizande Email: Anthony.vanOrizande_at_gmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: Change behaviour of <Input type="file" > to use 'MaxDataLength' for file uploads Comments: One major issue that a web developer can't easily code around is preventing users from uploading oversized files. Currently the only "safe" way to determine and limit a file size is by first having the user upload the file to the website. If the user attempts to upload a file that is beyond the size permitted by the webserver they will get a "Page No...

using "<input type="file" runat="server">"
im do somthing like that : <input id="test1" type="file" runat="server"> i want that after the form posted the value in the "test1" and not clear (like it right now) how can i do this??... Thanks"Live you life best way you can " you can get all information from: test1.PostedFile Best Regards, Vivek Singh i mean that if i post the form to the same page i don't want the value in the <input type=file> (test1) will clear "Live you life best way you can " You mean you'd want the upload field t...

while saving the file "Save as Type" in SaveDialogBox shows "MicrosoftExcelSheet" and "AllFiles", how can i restrict "AllFiles" and show only "MicrosoftExcelSheet" ..
Below is code written for opening XLFile.  HttpContext.Current.Response.Clear();HttpContext.Current.Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=" + astr_FileName); HttpContext.Current.Response.AddHeader("Content-Length", abyte_Data.Length.ToString()); HttpContext.Current.Response.ContentType = astr_ContentType; //octet-stream"; or //"application/vnd.ms-excel"; HttpContext.Current.Response.BinaryWrite(abyte_Data);    Udaya.M...

using filter for file types for "<input type=file"> dialog
Hi, i m using <input type=file> its work perfect but i want, when dialog open it "file of type" is customized i.e. jpg, gif. if any body know about this problem.......tell me, Hi kachona, The "accept" attribute is not yet supported by most browsers and I do not know of any other way to actually filter the file types of the dialog box that is presented to the user when uploading files. This is an excellent article on the input control: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/file.html#filter I included the splat for convenience, but you might w...

Upload a file using "Browse..." (file field)
hi every body! My application creates a gif file, and i want to upload it to the user PC in a path given by user. So i want to use a control like "input file field", with the "Browse..." button, to select the folder for upload the file. I have put this control but, when i am browsing, i only can choose a file to open it, not a folder to upload my file.... (it only allows to click the "Open" button of the window if i choose an existing file.) How can i do it? Thanks in advance. this is true, you cannot upload a folder. Instead what you can do ...

"File" to "File$date"
Okay... Thanks for all your answers! From all, I combinded the perfext solution: rename("test.txt", "test" . &heute() . ".txt"); sub heute { return (localtime(time))[3] . (localtime(time))[4] . = ((localtime(time))[5] 1900); } Thanks ;) Andreas -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht----- Von: Sudarshan Raghavan [mailto:sraghav@india.hp.com]=20 Gesendet: Samstag, 14. September 2002 15:21 An: Perl beginners Betreff: Re: AW: Rename "File" to "File$date" On Sat, 14 Sep 2002, Sudarshan Raghavan wrote: >=20 > #!/...

<INPUT type="file" id="ifTest" and file size
I've got an web app where I need to have the client provide the local directory of some data to be sucked into SQL... I was going to cheat and have them locate 'any' file in the directory using a <INPUT type="file" and then back trim off the filename... leaving me with just the path. Everything works great as long as the file they happen to pick is small <5MB, but they happen to pick a large file then I get a "The page cannot be displayed" as soon as I hit a submit button. Once again - I'm not trying to 'upload' the big file - I just want to gr...

How to identify the original file type and restrict the file uploading while using file upload control
 Hi asp.net , I am uploading a file using FileUpload control in asp.net using vb.net.I wrote the code to upload only PDF files. the user can change the extension and change to PDF . I have to check is the file original PDF or not then i have to upload the PDF files only . How to do this ??  Hi, Check the file Mime type for "application/pdf" by looking at the:  FileUpload1.PostedFile.ContentType RegardsSmcoxonNo Gem is ever polished without some friction. Hi smcoxon , Thanks For Replying ,But i found that there is no use using PostedFil...

Convert file on a path to "Stream" without the use of html "file" control
Hello, Basically I am building a CMS of sorts, I have built in the functionality to generate a thumbnail of an image that get's catalogued, I then take my original file and transfer it to the server along with the thumbnail - which is all working fine... Using the html file control accpets the following: (name - "fileImage") Dim x As Stream = fileImage.PostedFile.InputStream() Which is fine - one file at a time, however I need to build in the functionality to get all the image files from a directory and batch transfer them. basically I will have the path similar to:...

Rename "File" to "File$date"
Hy everybody in the List! I have a Problem writing a little perl application... Im a very newbie to programming and need your help :) The Problem is: I have a file "dev.txt" and I want to rename it once a day (with a = cronjob) like "dev13092002.txt" So i need to rename it with a date variable. All I have at the moment is: #!/usr/bin/perl $d =3D `date`; $d =3D /pattern1(pattern2)/; sytem("cp test.txt test`$d`.txt"); Does anyone of you know how to do that? THANKS in advance! =09 | Telematikzentrum D=FCrrwangen GmbH &am...

.NET 2 "FileUpload" control (or html "file"-type input)
I want to change the button on the control to be a specific colour i.e. other than the default grey. However, I can't find an attribute for this. The background attribute changes the input box area colour. Is there a way to change the colour of the button? Thanks http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/inputfile.html   NC...  ...

Web resources about - File upload "restricted file type" using FCKeditor - asp.net.dotnetnuke