Duplicate Security Roles Showing up In Security Roles Manager

Anyone have any ideas?  We have had and instance of 3.0.13 with one child portal running for about a month now.  A few days ago our adminstrator noticed that we have duplicate entries for security roles. For example, the Security Roles Manager shows:

Name Description Fee Every Period Trial Every Period Public Auto
  Administrators Portal Administration         False False
  Administrators Portal Administration         False False
Registered Users Registered Users         False True
  Registered Users Registered Users         False True
  Subscribers A public role for portal subscriptions         True True
  Subscribers A public role for portal subscriptions

0
beanmasher05

This has also happened to me. I think it's a bug in DNN. If I look to the tables there's only one entry for each role.
I fixed it changing the stored procedure GetPortalRoles adding the DISTINCT clause in the select.

Hope that it helps and that gets fixed soon.
0
emumanu
6/16/2005 2:34:51 PM
Thanks for the reply. I will use "Distinct" as well.  Maybe we should post this on the bug tracker site for DNN.

Thanks again!
0
beanmasher05

Roles, roles, roles
Hey is it posible o have a role for a user to only update the content? I don't want that user to change skins or to make other admin changes... up I think if you allow a role to edit contents on a module level he wont be able to change anything else. Did you try that? cheers, erikErik van Ballegoij, The Netherlands if you allow a role to edit contents in a module lets say discussions module, then that role will be able to edit, delete the threads. so for a role to be able to add new thread only, do we need to write our own code?-keeara g------------------ keeara, see...

.NET Security Roles and Management, using multiple tiers / levels
We have one application that we will be re-writing soon. To say it simply, the security and premissions in it is very complex.Can the management and role classes in .NET 2.0 handle this sort of situation:-Multiple Items.-Multiple Departments-Multiple Staff in each department.Staff members can have the ability to view items in their own departmentStaff Members can have the ability to view items in other departmentsStaff members can have the ability to view items in no departments.Staff members can have the ability to view all items.STaff members are in departments.There can be X number of de...

Authorization Manager (AzMan) -v- .NET role based security
Comparing Windows Authorization Manager (AzMan) with .NET role based security, consider an application with these requirements: The roles which will exist at run time are completely user-definable. Role/operation assignments are completely user-definable. Need hierarchical role support (create roles from other roles). Users may be assigned different roles for different things. Windows Authorization Manager seems to provide all the above, with user definable roles, operations, role/task/operation assignments, hierarchical roles, "scopes" to give users different roles for differe...

?? Is it possible to show/not show individual modules by security role??
I have a page that has several HTML modules that relate to a specific set of databases. I would like to be able to choose to load these individual modules by security role in the same way we can currently choose which tabs a person can see and which modules they can edit. This would reduce the number of tabs I would need to create. Can somebody figure out a way to modify the ModuleSettings.aspx (I am guessing this is what would be changed) and whatever tables in the SQL database that would allow for this. Thanks, GrapeBoy Take a look at this post: http://asp.net/Forums/ShowPo...

Security administration, assign a role to the role domain
Hi, Should that be possible or not? Looking at the GUI it should but I get "Failed to create 1 role assignment request(s). You are unauthorized for this operation.". A work around is to create a group but why involve a group when all users that should be able to assign members to specific roles already are in a role for those administrators? Best regards, Tobias Tobias, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might...

Public role and auto assign under security roles
Greetings, What do the check boxes public role and auto assign under security roles mean and how does one use them? Thanks in advance, Dave Public role means that users can choose to "join" those roles by selecting the checkboxes for those roles at the bottom of their user profile page. Auto Assign assigns new registered users to that particular role automatically. HTH JeremyJeremy WhiteWebstone, LLCMy DNN Blog...

Security Roles and User management
I have a question concerning Sercurity roles in 2.0 beta 3. I noticed that I am unable to delete the registered security role from user profiles where as I was able to do this in 1.x will this be the same in the final release? I ask because I would really like to set up 3 security roles just like I currently have in 1.x: Public - no rights other then read ony Registered - allowed to make content changes but not move modules or add users and such Admin - full control Will this be possibe in 2.0? This is kind of a criticle issue for us as we are going to be using DotNetNuke f...

role management with membership security
Module Edit List View Import Accounts None Owned All All HR None Owned All All Sales None Owned All All Finance None Owned All All Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; ...

security and role management problem
dear      I made a login page using ASP.net Ide using SQL server express 2005.but now i want to utilige it in sqlserver2005 professional in win2003 platform but its not working when i run the project.so help me to do this or give me suggassion ................                                                     &nb...

No roles found... but roles-based security works anyway!!!????
Hello, I wrote a ASP.NET 2.0 application using the Membership framework for security (roles and users). For debugging purposes I wrote some code in the index.aspx page to simply write out a list of all the roles that exist, using the good old Response.Write() method. I then published the site to my domain. However, the behavior of the index page is dependent on the running environment as follows: IN VS 2005 ACCESSING LOCAL SQLSERVER: Runs great, all roles listed. IN VS 2005 ACCESSING REMOTE (i.e. "LIVE") SQLSERVER: Runs great, all roles listed. IN A WEB BROWSER VIEWING THE PUBLI...

Forms Security for Role base security. Nirdesh Puri
Hi,I am using IBuySpy portal framwork and using Role based security. But I got some security problem in this type of security.Can you solve my problem.Role base security: Role is based on Task Group and Task Group based on Task and Task based on pages url.Create Two different roles: A and BCreate one user User1User1 assign role Aif User1 login on site and get the menu of Role A. But any how he get the url of Role B page. How we prevent Role B pages from this user.Warm Regards,Nirdesh Puri...

Security Roles
I want a user to be able to edit a Text/HTML modules content. I do not want them to edit anything else. I do not appear to be able to configure this on 2.0.3 This is what I have done. Created User Created New Security Role Added User to Security Role Created a new Tab Added a new HTML/Text module Set up that the security role can edit content. But there is no edit icon for the HTML/Text module when I log in as that user. I changed the tab so he was an administrator but this gives him far too much control. Can this be done? Chris I am having the same pr...

Security Role
Hi!! I wants to create a new security role, just like admin where everybody can adjust their own tabls and content on the tabs. Please Guide me It's Urgent Thanks Chirag Chirag You can create a new security role from the Admin menu under "Security Roles" Then in page settings or module settings you can allow for that role to modify content.Leif Hi!! Thanks for the reply But the the thing is that i want to give some admin rights, and that i don;t know Thanks Chirag If I understand you correctly. Let's say you have created a new Sec...

security too secure

Web resources about - Duplicate Security Roles Showing up In Security Roles Manager - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Duplicate bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Duplicate bridge is the most widely used variation of contract bridge in club and tournament play. It is called duplicate because the same bridge ...

Search for duplicate files - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Language: English Home Random Search for duplicate files Search for duplicate files based on hash values. 900 × 600 pixel File size: 377 B MIME ...

Facebook Addresses Duplicate And False Accounts, Teen Usage In Form 10-K
Facebook said in its Form 10-K filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission that duplicate accounts may have made up between 4.3 percent ...

Facebook surveys users about Timeline, duplicate profiles, more
... a 16-question survey about their experience with the social network. The survey includes questions about Timeline and whether users have duplicate ...

Search Twitter - duplicate
... using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Search Refresh Jocelyn @ jocelyn_poppy 2m great now Cleveland state gave me a duplicate ...

Mac App Store - Duplicate Searcher
Get Duplicate Searcher on the Mac App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

How-To: Safely shrink your Mac’s giant photo library, deleting duplicate images to save space
... Apple’s new Photos app , you might be surprised to learn that you’ve lost a lot of hard drive space, and that there are suddenly tons of duplicate ...

Ubaldo Jimenez seeks to duplicate fastball command, success in second start Friday
In between so many starts in 2014, right-hander Ubaldo Jimenez spoke of the fixes he knew he needed to make to improve his performance.

Unit Testing In Java, Duplicate Code in Java GUIs
... to comment on: You're perfectly right when saying that implementing ActionListener in the window class itself usually leads to loads of duplicated ...